ISO International Standardization Organization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO International Standardization Organization

I am wondering how does your origin country handle ISO? Is it a must to be implemented or just an advise? How your government handle someone sells non-ISO item? Does your government confiscated the item?

ISO is not a norm of security or fabrication like can be CSA, DOT, etc.

ISO is apply to an organisation, the company got the certification not the product.
    It's a certification of standardisation of that all process are followed -create by engineer for engineer-.
    An organisation could be ISO and have shit product. It will be certify that all the item produce will have the same level of shity quality.

The only problem I have with ISO is it can be implemented ONLY by engineer. Those engineer their proudness by being able to handle something complicate ALWAYS create impossible and heavy procedure which everyone is forced to follow.
    At the end it become more of a pain in the ass than anything else.

Some organisation die trying to implement this none-sense.
    La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

There's almost 20,000 ISO standards, covering almost all industries - not always related to engineers or engineering or require engineer. From something very simple such as to convert from meter to inch, collect a sample, up to how to manage and produce a product and services.
      The regulation for ISO standards implementation vary for each countries even if the country is the member of ISO.
      A restaurant, sport club, or even brothel house can implement and certified to the relevant ISO standard.
      You can follow, comply and certified (or not) to relevant ISO standards if you believe you'll get the benefit. But, you can ignore any particular or relevant standard if necessary (even if you're ISO 9001/2 certified company).
      I'm not sure for other industries, but for oil and gas industries - many, probably most of them does not follow or comply to ISO standards.

Comment

The recent and new version of ISO are quite different to the first one, more easily applicable to any kind of industry. While the first version was hardly applicable to service industry.

But still, an engineer is require for the implementation and the use of ISO.

There is only one version of ISO, the more recent one, and the company who are already certified need to implement every new change of the certification (decide by ISO) or they lose their certification.

The difference in between country is their is country like indonesia who don't have the competence to implement the last version of ISO.
        It would lead to too much fail attemp to implement ISO... So they allow those country to apply outdated version of ISO

Comment

The typical problem of people talking about ISO is they don't know what is ISO standards.
          ISO standards is not only about ISO 9001 or 9002.
          Even they don't have the documents or never read the document.

Comment

I was thinking that the typical problem was that most of company don't want it but don't have choice at it is a requirement from their buyer. Which lead them to don't care at all of ISO and have it running in parrallel of the real process. Which lead the application of ISO (for those) to be a pain in their A.

In my experience I never saw a company becoming more performant because of the use or implementation of ISO.
            The company who had good process and quality standard already had it before ISO.
            And company who didn't had it before didn't had it better after.

Comment

ISO 9000 and it's family are only for quality management. Which means does the company have the right set of procedures to record and maintain. Nothing more than that. Iso 14000 for environmental management. And iso 50000 for energy management. These three are management standards. Does a company have procedures in place to manage those things. It checks things like does the company have a vision, mission, enough procedures for recording certain things, etc.

Comment

So there is no regulation from your origin government to enforce the needs to follow ISO or ROHS or any other type of standardization, isn't it?

I believe that customers should choose the products that are bought wisely, anyway there is already consument protection right. Seller mustn't lie to customer. If it is a defect product, seller must be willing to replace it. In my opinion, there shouldn't be any standardization.

Comment

Kiswandy I repeat it to you: ISO is a standardisation of process not a public security concern.

Every country have his own and multiple norm depending of different class of product.
                  In canada the main one is CSA (Canadian Standardisation Association) which rule almost any fabrication with some exception like DOT for the helmet.
                  Importation of food have very strict regulation particularly for importation (more easy to control).

And again ISO have absolutely nothing to do with this.
                  ISO don't affect the product but in which way it is monitored as same as all other organisation activity.

Comment

Sorry, I tought that CSA and ISO are just different in name but same kind of organization.
                    Ok. So in Canada, does your government confiscate those items that doesn't suit CSA? And if those items are already in Canada (because they were created in or allowed to be in Canada), would your government search through every store in Canada for the items?

Comment

If you're referring to ISO 9000 series (remember, there's almost 20,000 ISO standard, excluding ISO babat), I do believe continuous improvement quality management systems (QMS) and processes is crucial for improving the ability of your operations to meet customer requirements and expectations. Having accredited, may also help you to penetrate and expand the market.
                      I worked for the company in Indonesia more than a decade ago, and we were certified to ISO 9001 in 2002 - few company in Indonesia having this accreditation at that time (now there's thousands companies). This accreditation help us to convince our customer and at the end secure various contract worldwide.
                      I suggest you to check to ISO website or the company provide the ISO 9000 accreditation such as SGS, ACS registrar, Bureau Veritas ect. to have better understanding on ISO standard; or even better get/buy the document. The ISO 9001 - 2015 cost you less than USD 140. Read and understand it.

Or

Comment

Your questions show that you aren't reading our answers and doing any research. ISO 9000, 14000, 50000 for example are management standards like wisnupurwanto mentioned. It has nothing to do with the quality of the product. Too many people in Indonesia equate having iso 9000 (or as many believe just as you do, just ISO) as having a quality certification.

This different than say having FDA approval for food and drug. Or lying about your product being organic or not. Those are actionable offenses and can get your products pulled from the shelves. And it is less confiscated but more like you as the company have to recall it. Even dangerous events such as Ecoli bacteria in spinach packages doesn't get them confiscated but require a recall. In the USA Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiswandi View Post
                          Sorry, I tought that CSA and ISO are just different in name but same kind of organization.
                          Ok. So in Canada, does your government confiscate those items that doesn't suit CSA? And if those items are already in Canada (because they were created in or allowed to be in Canada), would your government search through every store in Canada for the items?
                          If a product is found to be dangerous it will be asked to be remove from shelve.
                          I'm not in knowledge of the detail of this process but it is remove from everywhere.

There is multiple different agency for different product: food, helmet, appliance, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiswandi View Post
                            If a product is found to be dangerous it will be asked to be remove from shelve.
                            I'm not in knowledge of the detail of this process but it is remove from everywhere.

There is multiple different agency for different product: food, helmet, appliance, etc.

Comment

If it is dangerous, then there is a consument protection law. Those dangerous product without correctly stated description can be reported and tested by government before decided whether all products considered faulty and must be removed. For example: Baygon or Hit or other aerosol product must give description that their can mustnt be placed in a certain celcius degree or it may explode. But I dont think that all aerosol products must be reported for standardization cause I dont see CSA or any other government agencies' certification that is written on several products. What my really question is, is the standardization enforced by your origin government? Or is it just as a reference so consuments can know the product and choose themselves?

Comment

Working...
                              X