Obama observes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
    Since you have quoted this "publically written quote" (Not Your Own), would you care to elaborate? I mean, for example, could you offer an explanation of why anyone other than a moron, a bigot with an agenda, or both at the same time, would ever make such an inane statement?
    Mister Bule.............are you serious ?
    .given a 1% chance to live changes a mans mind .

Comment

Originally posted by allozzie View Post
      I think that's basically what I was trying to ask you ... ?
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by allozzie View Post
        Media and lobby work so hard to get people believing the 2 crap you have reported.

All kind of country and religion have know terrorist.
        UK with IRA, spain with *don't remember the name*, Quebec (Canada) with the FLQ
        All sort of guerilla of the south america would be called terrorist by today vocabulary standard.
        None of those are muslim
        La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
          spain with *don't remember the name*
          Basque separatists (also don't know the name of party or group)
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

ETA. Since '61.

Comment

I never realized I was supporting terrorism when I bought ETA Peanut Butter
              The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by scouser59 View Post
                i agree guns is the problem in the US , no guns held by the people equals no shooting of the innocents , logic ya , look at uk , aus etc etc , America is a beautiful country but the current law on gun ownership is crazy
                Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
                Archie: "Would it make you feel any better little girl if they was pushed outta windows?"

Comment

Originally posted by quantumFog View Post
                  Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
                  Archie: "Would it make you feel any better little girl if they was pushed outta windows?"
                  Condescending, sexist, meaningless, and irrelevant -- you are aptly named, QuantumFog.

Comment

Just like Indonesia, the enforcement of existing gun laws in the USA are a bit lacking. Plus I think the onus on ownership needs to be a bit higher. Having said that, I support citizens owning firearms. I grew up in a region of the US where guns are common, and everyone respects and value its potentials. Varmints damaging crops, self protection from bears and cougars coming into the city or your home if it's at the edge of town, predators killing your cattle/animals, etc. All I'm saying is, just like sex education, firearm safety education should be a part of the strategy in decreasing firearm related violence.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                      Condescending, sexist, meaningless, and irrelevant -- you are aptly named, QuantumFog.
                      It's a quote from a tv show.

It's interesting to note that you did not inquire as to if that quote, in it's entirety, (from a tv show) reflected my own viewpoint.

Condescending? The quote from from a person to his daughter. Adult daughter, granted, but his progeny, nonetheless.

Sexist? Hardly. Again, it was from a man to his daughter. "Little girl" is a term of affection, regardless of physical size.

Meaningless? Not quite. Within the U.S., it is a fallacy to state that an increase in gun availability leads to an increase in violence. The 31 states that have “shall issue” laws allowing private citizens to carry concealed weapons have, on average, a 24 percent lower violent crime rate, a 19 percent lower murder rate and a 39 percent lower robbery rate than states that forbid concealed weapons. In fact, the nine states with the lowest violent crime rates are all right-to-carry states. Remarkably, guns are used for self-defense more than 2 million times a year, three to five times the estimated number of violent crimes committed with guns.

There is simply no correlation between gun control laws and murder or suicide rates across a wide spectrum of nations and cultures. In Israel and Switzerland, for example, a license to possess guns is available on demand to every law-abiding adult, and guns are easily obtainable in both nations. Both countries also allow widespread carrying of concealed firearms, and yet, admits Dr. Arthur Kellerman, one of the foremost medical advocates of gun control, Switzerland and Israel “have rates of homicide that are low despite rates of home firearm ownership that are at least as high as those in the United States.” A comparison of crime rates within Europe reveals no correlation between access to guns and crime. The basic premise of the gun control movement, that easy access to guns causes higher crime, is contradicted by the facts, by history and by reason.

Irrelevant? See above point.

Aptly named? Can you expand on how you are able to extrapolate condescending, sexist, meaningless and irrelevant from a madeup word?

Just to let you know, the name refers to my interest in cosmology. Specifically, the curvature of spacetime (and its' potential for universal travel). Also of interest to me is physical behavior at the atomic and subatomic level (Quantum mechanics).

What's interesting to note is your paternalistic, knee-jerk response without inquiring as to the nature of the quote. Did it accurately reflect my personal views on gun control? Who spoke those words - a member of these boards? Or a humorous line from a 70's American iconic television show?
                      Last edited by quantumFog; 02-11-15, 12:06.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                        How about, in the early hours of the morning a crack head who is high on drugs, and weighs 200lbs more than you do has broken into your home looking for drug money. However whilst he is about it he decides that he wants to rape your wife or daughter. Bet you'd like to have a firearm then wouldn't you ?? Or would you like to reason with his drug addled limited IQ about all that "beautiful planet" "infinite possibilities" hippy bullshit ??? Would you fuck !! like 99.9% of the population you would put a bullet into him in a heartbeat and not give a shit whether he died or not.

I am trained to use fire arms and on occasion have been armed during the course of my work in some of the shittier remote parts of the world where there are no police or military to protect you. Personally I would rather have a gun and never need to use it than need to use it and not have one.

This!

Comment

Originally posted by quantumFog View Post
                          It's a quote from a tv show... Did it accurately reflect my personal views on gun control? Who spoke those words - a member of these boards? Or a humorous line from a 70's American iconic television show?
                          Well, even with your extensive responsive screed, I'm still not entirely sure if what you post, Foggy, reflects your view. I am going to step out on a limb here and assume that the default position is that members' posts reflect their views; no inquiry required.

My view is not in doubt: Condescending, sexist, meaningless, and irrelevant -- you are aptly named, QuantumFog.

Comment

I think that the issue with America isn't so much the easy availability of firearms - its more about the lack of respect for the value of life.
                            As pointed out earlier Sweden has an equally high number of guns in private ownership yet the rate of gun crime is miniscule in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                              I think that the issue with America isn't so much the easy availability of firearms - its more about the lack of respect for the value of life.
                              As pointed out earlier Sweden has an equally high number of guns in private ownership yet the rate of gun crime is miniscule in comparison.
                              Sweden is quite different than the US. They have all their military service and the culture is very different.
                              More comparable is Canada, neighbor country, similar culture with lower but still high level of firearm per person.
                              But still we have a very low rate of murder.
                              Which bring us back to what scoot is saying, they are socially skewed, with a better comparison.

The most rich country and the higher incaceration rate... It just don't add up!

Comment

Anyway, when you can have a population gobbing an idiotic slogan on the like of "it's not gun who kill people, it's people who kill people (with gun)" with the charismatic conclusion: So let's people have gun!

I had very good hope for them at the last massacre in the kiddergarden... But no, im

Comment

Working...
                                X