Obama observes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama observes

At his most recent long press conference, Obama stated the the level of violence among American youth is no higher than anywhere else in the world. He went on to suggest it was access to guns that was the problem, triggering mass shootings.

This man spent some time in Indonesia. Could he really have had this country in mind when he generalised about youth violence? I think not.

i agree guns is the problem in the US , no guns held by the people equals no shooting of the innocents , logic ya , look at uk , aus etc etc , America is a beautiful country but the current law on gun ownership is crazy

Comment

They don't need another innocent victim to make them think that this is all enough and change needs to be made immediately. Far too many people have died and sadly you can't blame mental health issue anymore or bad people wrongly using guns. There were no good people fighting bad people with guns either. So stop these bollocks and make a change.

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
        They don't need another innocent victim to make them think that this is all enough and change needs to be made immediately. Far too many people have died and sadly you can't blame mental health issue anymore or bad people wrongly using guns. There were no good people fighting bad people with guns either. So stop these bollocks and make a change.
        Wrong on this one Pony. Allow me to use two publically written quotes (which are Not My Own) to illustrate your error in presumption (if I read you right!?!) ...

1-- Guns don't kill people, People kill people.

2-- Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims.

(NB: For the record,i own guns & wholeheartedly agree with the introduction of 'considerably stricter rules' re: purchasing & also-->continuing to own firearms)
        .given a 1% chance to live changes a mans mind .

Comment

I totally agree

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. This is why people should not be allowed to own guns.

Canada have a similar ratio of gun/people and nobody is killing each other like in the US.
          They had plenty of occasion for make the rule more strict, but even the last mass killing in a kidgarden change nothing to it.

At the best they will put more gun for "security" matter.
          They like it like that!
          La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Rocks don't kill people, people kill people.
            Knives don't kill people, people kill people.
            Arrows don't kill people, people kill people.
            Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
            Automatic weapons don't kill people, people kill people.
            Grenades don't kill people, people kill people.
            RPGs don't kill people, people kill people.
            Tanks don't kill people, people kill people.

All true, and yet every society seems to draw lines somewhere for civilian ownership and ease of purchase. Is it so crazy to think the line may need to shift a little every couple decades or centuries?

Comment

The whole arms industry in general needs shutting down, there are no need for weapons in this world full stop. I really don't understand what is going through people's heads when they feel they have the right to take another persons life.

Life is so short, there are infinite possibilities in what you can do with your life, we live on a beautiful planet and yet we still get people inventing and creating things to harm each other.

So I agree that there is no need for people to own guns, but that is all people, police and military included. But I also believe that it is to do with mental health - just what is making people have the urge to kill other humans? If you take the guns away, that murderous feeling inside their heads will still be there - that is still dangerous even if there are no guns and we need to work out what is causing that and address it.

There has to be some mental issue. I mean, there are so many of these kids doing the killing at the moment, they have their whole lives ahead of them - anything is possible, so many great things they can do if they have the belief - but yet they kill a load of innocent people and then take their own life. Why?

Comment

Mental illness is everywhere. Depression is overwhelming. The mind is a powerful thing & can play tricks on you. Thank god/allah/buddah,Ganesh&the others whose names escape me.......99.9999% of the worlds population don't 'go bonkers to the extreme'. (NB: radical extremists have been purposely excluded from my calculations, on the basis they are not mentally unstable 'persay' but actually brainwashed) .At the end of the day, surely we have to stop the sale of guns for collectors & merely for sports fun & introduce mental health checks at time of purchase & again 6monthly or the like. I own guns to eradicate introduced pest species&ferals on my farm back in Aust & would not protest the implementation of such conditions. I sure don't want some crazy gunning down my granddaughter at her school !

Comment

Originally posted by tokektokek View Post
                  The whole arms industry in general needs shutting down, there are no need for weapons in this world full stop. I really don't understand what is going through people's heads when they feel they have the right to take another persons life.
                  How about, in the early hours of the morning a crack head who is high on drugs, and weighs 200lbs more than you do has broken into your home looking for drug money. However whilst he is about it he decides that he wants to rape your wife or daughter. Bet you'd like to have a firearm then wouldn't you ?? Or would you like to reason with his drug addled limited IQ about all that "beautiful planet" "infinite possibilities" hippy bullshit ??? Would you fuck !! like 99.9% of the population you would put a bullet into him in a heartbeat and not give a shit whether he died or not.

I am trained to use fire arms and on occasion have been armed during the course of my work in some of the shittier remote parts of the world where there are no police or military to protect you. Personally I would rather have a gun and never need to use it than need to use it and not have one.

Comment

fuck............all this time & i didn't know we were allowed to say fuck

Comment

Scoot, let's said I prefer live in a country with a good social security and a good sysytem of rehabilitation of the prisonner and other stuff that make the society running well and those junky inexistant.

Canada does good figure on this and I would never go live in sumatra where junky are replace by funky crazy religious.

Personnaly I think the us aree socially screwed.
                      La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

& in the end, if everyone has guns it will come down to who has the quickest draw with a true aim.... what was that movie?
                        Last edited by macvert; 09-10-15, 18:59.
                        The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by allozzie View Post

2-- Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims.
                          Since you have quoted this "publically written quote" (Not Your Own), would you care to elaborate? I mean, for example, could you offer an explanation of why anyone other than a moron, a bigot with an agenda, or both at the same time, would ever make such an inane statement?
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
                            Since you have quoted this "publically written quote" (Not Your Own), would you care to elaborate? I mean, for example, could you offer an explanation of why anyone other than a moron, a bigot with an agenda, or both at the same time, would ever make such an inane statement?
                            As I am British, when I hear the word terrorist, I immediately think of the IRA as they were the biggest terrorist threat the UK has ever had, glad that is all over now. The IRA were Muslims....um....hang on a minute....

Comment

Originally posted by tokektokek View Post
                              As I am British, when I hear the word terrorist, I immediately think of the IRA as they were the biggest terrorist threat the UK has ever had, glad that is all over now. The IRA were Muslims....um....hang on a minute....
                              Right. Not many people know that the "I" in IRA is actually for Ishmael.
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                              X