No announcement yet.

150% import duty on Alcohol ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be nice if they did exclude Bali and Lombok - people could import it there, and then ship it around the archipelago.

Good idea, I hope they do that.

Comment

Originally posted by tokektokek View Post
      Would be nice if they did exclude Bali and Lombok - people could import it there, and then ship it around the archipelago.

Good idea, I hope they do that.
      Doesn't work that way. Batam is a free trade region. Still, you buy it there and are still only allowed to bring into the rest of Indonesia one bottle.
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
        Doesn't work that way. Batam is a free trade region. Still, you buy it there and are still only allowed to bring into the rest of Indonesia one bottle.
        I don't get it?
        I thought we were talking about the 150% on imports of spirits, ie a distributer importing alcohol to sell to hotels, bars, restaurants and retailers around Indonesia.
        They could import the alcohol in Bali or Lombok, and then ship it around the archipelago.

Comment

Originally posted by Donting101 View Post
          Will Lombok and Bali be exempt so this does not aid to crippling their bread and butter industry? or would that be too smart
          Of course not, but it will surely have the intended effect in Bali and Lombok of supporting the local industry - so expect many more tourist deaths from drinking poisened locally produced stuff passed off as the real deal......

sad really.

Comment

Glad I only drink Bintang.
            [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by tokektokek View Post
              I don't get it?
              I thought we were talking about the 150% on imports of spirits, ie a distributer importing alcohol to sell to hotels, bars, restaurants and retailers around Indonesia.
              They could import the alcohol in Bali or Lombok, and then ship it around the archipelago.
              If Bali and Lombok were to have an exclusion then they would probably need to be declared a Free Trade Zone like Batam. Alcohol from a Free Trade Zone to a not Free Trade Zone is restricted to one liter. Batam is exempt from these excise taxes but you can't ship alcohol from there to other parts of Indonesia.
              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
              X