Polygamy 'is bad for the heart'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygamy 'is bad for the heart'

Here's something for the Islamic parties who are concerned about the health of the nation.

"[COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial]Men with multiple wives have four times the risk of heart disease, a new study has found.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#282828][FONT=georgia][FONT=arial]Researchers said the study suggested that the stress of running multiple households and the “emotional expense” of polygamy could place strain on the heart.[/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#282828][FONT=georgia][FONT=arial]Research on 687 men in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates found that the risks of heart disease increased with each extra wife.[/FONT]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#282828][FONT=arial]Two thirds of the men in the research were monogamous while the rest had between two and four wives".
    [/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/11570638/Polygamy-increases-the-risk-of-heart-disease-study-finds.html
    "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
    George Bernard Shaw

One wife is quite enough, thank you.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

I agree with Jamie hehehehe.

Comment

Great find. Polygamy was already known to have heavy social costs (lack of marriageable spouses), now to see it may also have physical consequences as well is amusing. Of course, this is true of any stressful marriage arrangement.

On the one hand I want to support polygamy from the point of view that consenting adults should have the right to marry the person (or persons) of their choosing provided that person(s) can consent. In much the same way as I support gay marriage I also tend to support polygamy. However, I don't think I could ever be polygamous and I tend to think it's an unsustainable model for marriage. It tends to encourage marriages only between wealthy, older men who squeeze out younger men. Polyamorous marriages, however, are worth further investigation as they can be set up in a dynamic with many spouses of both sexes.

Comment

it's definitely bad for financial condition

Comment

Ha! finally!! Proof a man's health is directly proportional to the number of women in his life.
            [COLOR=#008000][FONT=arial]I tried to wrestle my inner demons once... but they used too many illegal holds.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

What? Death by having too much sex?
              [FONT=comic sans ms]Please excuse my poor English. [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Chotto Matte View Post
                What? Death by having too much sex?
                No, it's the multiple wives that does you in. Sex only kills you if you do it wrong (like skydiving sex, where you forget to pull the cord), or you catch something.
                Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

It would be interesting to know how they managed to factor out all the other commonalities you might find between polygamists, which are not directly related to their marriages. I have no idea what the profile is like, but you could have a more sedentary lifestyle among wealthy men, a higher stress level among the wealthy over-achievers, habitual self-indulgence or something. (I know those all sound negative, but then they would be, the guys died.) Mind you, I have no Idea what the profile is like.

Comment

Polygamy is certainly bad for your health - Especially when you raise the idea to your first wife

Comment

Originally posted by Vanhellsink View Post
                      Ha! finally!! Proof a man's health is directly proportional to the number of women in his life.
                      That's pretty much how I read it ;-)

Comment

Working...
                      X