Jakarta Post misleading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jakarta Post misleading?

Does anyone else think The Jakarta Post (and Globe) go to far with misleading headlines? For example?

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...k-horizon.html

You read the article and it's utter tosh. Nothing about any campaigns going on. Just a few quotes used to write a story around, then add a clickbait title.

Maybe I think too much and need to get out

I think the majority of media - printed and otherwise are very guilty of this. Sells it.
    Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
      I think the majority of media - printed and otherwise are very guilty of this. Sells it.
      Unfortunately I have to agree Michelle. Such a shame that something so powerful as the media, that can shape public thought so easily, cares more about money and scaremongering than actually reporting plain facts.

Comment

It is true that sensationalism sells, but the article you link is a bit too much. The article has little to do with the headline, could even be argued to disprove it. Most westerners support the freedom of the press, but we do expect something in return, honesty and clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Happyman View Post
          It is true that sensationalism sells, but the article you link is a bit too much. The article has little to do with the headline, could even be argued to disprove it. Most westerners support the freedom of the press, but we do expect something in return, honesty and clarity.
          ...but we do not get it...
          Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Working...
          X