MRT cancelled again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keith Miller View Post
    Total confusion right from the start here between 2 different projects .... enthusiastic willingness to initiate and/or participate in a debate in the absence of much in the way facts, knowledge or experience of the matter at hand is one of the more endearing of human traits :-)
    I'm sure everyone is all ears Keith Miller.

Instead of swanning in with the sarcasm and no substance, why not enlighten everyone with your learned facts...not just attitude. Most posters here have regularly displayed they are open to learning about aand discussing a wide variety of topics.
    Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
      Which will lead the african country to never learn how to build their own road and always depend on other for build and maintain their infrastructure.
      My personal opinion about this is this is not good.

It would be better the "city planning team" kick their own ass and go see how is it done elsewhere, take course of project management and learn how to deal with a project of this size.
      mate seriously, i am in full agreement with you, in theory. but if the Chinese didn't go in there and build it, no amount of project management consultants is going to help. they have neither the machinery, materials, skilled labour or education system to sustain whatever was attempting to be implemented. its a problem at the core. before the core is changed then nothing will happen. better the Chinese go in there and do the whole thing and at least have some roads, rather than waste decades of time and money and still have nothing to show for it at the end, as they are still rotten to the core with corruption and violence. the place needs roads and needed them ASAP, there are no 2 ways about it.

Comment

My wife (Indonesian) was absolutely furious about the news, seriously fuming!! and the first thing out of her mouth was why doesn't the government just employ a team from China or Singapore to go in there and DO IT!!!!!!

she has visited 5 chinese cities all with brand new beautiful subway systems, they could knock the whole thing out in 2 or 3 years in Jakarta, lump sum, bring all the equipment and hire local white collar management to work under them and learn what the f**k is going on. it's no good sending a few provilidged locals on a jolly to china or singapore to learn, they'll just party it up at the tax payers expense. they need to be working directly FOR the experts, on site, in Jakarta.

Comment

Originally posted by Donting101 View Post
          My wife (Indonesian) was absolutely furious about the news, seriously fuming!! and the first thing out of her mouth was why doesn't the government just employ a team from China or Singapore to go in there and DO IT!!!!!!

she has visited 5 chinese cities all with brand new beautiful subway systems, they could knock the whole thing out in 2 or 3 years in Jakarta, lump sum, bring all the equipment and hire local white collar management to work under them and learn what the f**k is going on. it's no good sending a few provilidged locals on a jolly to china or singapore to learn, they'll just party it up at the tax payers expense. they need to be working directly FOR the experts, on site, in Jakarta.
          Donting, keep in mind the problem with the monorail is about dispute in between the city and the contractor... I don't think it would have change something using who ever else!
          The MRT seem to be a international consortium, the contract seem to have been better developed.
          La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

I think we need to revive this thread since there are some super ambitious LRT (=the fast tram) plans as replacement for the Monorail. They are rolling over the street fighting, Ahok wants it but the city council said nga unless they see a detailed plan first. So he made a deal with the government. And the first route should be operational in 2018?

The Jakarta government plans to develop seven LRT routes with its primary depo located in Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta. Those seven routes will be developed in Kebayoran Lama-Kelapa Gading (21.6 km), Tanah Abang-Pulo Mas (17,6 km), Joglo-Tanah Abang (11 km), Puri Kembangan-Tanah Abang (9,3 km), Pesing-Kelapa Gading (20,7 km), Pesing-Bandara Soekarno-Hatta (18,5 Km) and Cempaka Putih-Ancol (10 km).
            [FONT=arial black]
            [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
            X