Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRT cancelled again

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...struction.html

So after chopping down hundreds of mature trees, ripping up the median down Sudirman, closing a lane in both directions of traffic for a year, they have decided to cancel the MRT construction as it is deemed unfeasible. After reading the article you would think they they would have addressed many of these issues during the initial planning stages. Sadly a scenario that was foretold by many has come true again.

edit, I think these is the monorail line more in South Jakarta that has torn up Fatmawati, but the MRT line down Sudirman has also been postponed for the last year and I fear will be cancelled soon.
    Last edited by vanuatu; 13-01-15, 12:02.

Monorail != MRT

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_39 View Post
      Monorail != MRT

It seems they are using two different systems for different runs, the Sudirman appears to be planned as an MRT with a light rail system and the corridor from Lebak bulus through Fatmawati is supposed to be a smaller monorail system, like in Bangkok where they use the skytrain (BTS) system and the subway (MRT). but readily admit I could be wrong in the Jakarta case.

Comment

Originally posted by vanuatu View Post

So after chopping down hundreds of mature trees, ripping up the median down Sudirman, closing a lane in both directions of traffic for a year, they have decided to cancel the MRT construction as it is deemed unfeasible. After reading the article you would think they they would have addressed many of these issues during the initial planning stages. Sadly a scenario that was foretold by many has come true again.

edit, I think these is the monorail line more in South Jakarta that has torn up Fatmawati, but the MRT line down Sudirman has also been postponed for the last year and I fear will be cancelled soon.
        Incompetence or corruption ? I'm not sure in this case but it adds to the level of despair I feel when watching the TV news and reading local newspapers these days (the Hambalang case is still grinding through the courts).

When will Jkt get decent transport infrastructure to rival Bkk, KL, Sing or any major Chinese city ? 2020 maybe - but I'm not sure I'll live to see it
        Vengeance is mine; I will repay.

Comment

After reading the article you would think they they would have addressed many of these issues during the initial planning stages. Sadly a scenario that was foretold by many has come true again.
          Remember times when you were a kid and thought you could do your homework/cram for a test all at the last minute? Imagine running a country that way...

Comment

After reading the article you would think they they would have addressed many of these issues during the initial planning stages.
            Planning stage? That's a new one.
            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by londo_edan View Post
              Incompetence or corruption ? I'm not sure in this case but it adds to the level of despair I feel when watching the TV news and reading local newspapers these days (the Hambalang case is still grinding through the courts).
              I would say both. When you paid for have a position (corruption) it's no guarantee the qualification for the job will follow (incompetence).

Originally posted by martindo View Post
              Remember times when you were a kid and thought you could do your homework/cram for a test all at the last minute? Imagine running a country that way...
              Yah... but they did 't had to learn it don't work, daddy have paid for their diploma anyway. They are still thinking and acting like kid.
              La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

After reading the article... the monorail is not cancel, the title is VERY deceitful.

The city want change the contractor because... they don't like the choice of station made BY THE CONTRACTOR.
                This don't make sense at all, the main planning (where pass the road and where put the station) is suppose to be done by the city planning, not the contractor!

What the article said it's that a governor have wake up a morning and decide to have a MRT, call up a contractor told him to build him a MRT in his city and go back sleep.
                When he wake up he is angry because the contractor is not building the MRT at the right place... where in fact he have no idea of where is the right place.

Indonesian newspaper don't have the reputation of bringing the real fact. I suspect the article talk about half of the story and the write have "add" more for have a more "elaborated" article.

Nothing make sense in both way (impossible thing happen exactly like the article report it & city planner have no idea of what they are doing).

Comment

It really doesn't make sense for the contractor to choose the M locations themselves.

Following Assumptions:

1. Purpose of MRT is to provide a public benefit through reduction of traffic congestion.

2. Purpose of contractor's business is to maximize profits from M use.

3. Higher levels of congestion will lead to higher levels of M use.

4. Contractor's highest benefit may be achieved through creating further congestion at strategic points, encouraging public use of the M to avoid said congestion, but in effect raising congestion levels above those currently experienced.

Question: Does anyone know if there is an active city planning office who's chief responsibility is to handle traffic planning?
                  Last edited by Happyman; 14-01-15, 14:36. Reason: Opps, Monorail, not MRT!

Comment

Monorail and Mrt are not the same, right??

Comment

I think they are talking about monorail. Not MRT. Ahok and PT Jakarta Monorail always fight through media and keep blaming each other but it is 100% not about MRT. The monorail route they are arguing is at Senayan and Tanah Abang. MRT is from Bundaran HI to Blok M.

Comment

Another example of Indonesian business "not being able to organize a piss up in a brewery" but hey ho lets get rid of all the expats we don't need them

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                          Another example of Indonesian business "not being able to organize a piss up in a brewery" but hey ho lets get rid of all the expats we don't need them
                          I had a though about that to...

Comment

Originally posted by Happyman View Post
                            It really doesn't make sense for the contractor to choose the M locations themselves.

Following Assumptions:

1. Purpose of MRT is to provide a public benefit through reduction of traffic congestion.

2. Purpose of contractor's business is to maximize profits from M use.

3. Higher levels of congestion will lead to higher levels of M use.

4. Contractor's highest benefit may be achieved through creating further congestion at strategic points, encouraging public use of the M to avoid said congestion, but in effect raising congestion levels above those currently experienced.

Question: Does anyone know if there is an active city planning office who's chief responsibility is to handle traffic planning?
                            HappyM, normaly the contractor that build is not the one that will operate the M.... normaly... anything possible in a corrupted country!

but still... it don't make sense it is the contractor who decide where pass the line and where put the station.
                            What the hell are doing the city planning??? Didn't they had to at least approve the plan suggested by the contractor??

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                              HappyM, normaly the contractor that build is not the one that will operate the M.... normaly... anything possible in a corrupted country!

but still... it don't make sense it is the contractor who decide where pass the line and where put the station.
                              What the hell are doing the city planning??? Didn't they had to at least approve the plan suggested by the contractor??
                              I didn't realize that... I had heard that the toll road was "owned" by a company here. There are similar agreements in the States for toll roads, where the city uses none of it's own money, giving the toll company a lease on the land used for the toll for X number of years. The toll company builds the road with it's own money and is allowed to charge a previously agreed upon toll. When the time period is up, the road belongs to the state. I somehow thought a monorail system would work similarly...

Comment

Working...
                              X