Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV one different after Jokowi became President?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV one different after Jokowi became President?

I've noticed TV One is now full of doom and gloom since Jokowi became president. It seems like Bakrie is focussing on reporting the problems Indonesians face like banjir and macet a LOT more.

Is he trying to make Indonesians think the new government is failing at their job? or is my usual conspiracy theory head rearing up again

Noticed anything?

The same for our friend Hary's tv stations though.

Honestly, I don't have the feeling anything in the press has substantially changed by the election results. Also, besides rolling over the floor fighting and bickering in the press, the DPR has not achieved anything yet.

We will see if the Koalisi Merah Putih will hold.
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

Very true jstar. I only skim read the online English press these days. Like many online sites, it's relying more and more on link bait (then you click and find very little substance) and sensationalism. Sign of the internet times I guess - but it really muddies the waters when you are trying to find out what's going on here.

Comment

Perhaps the "tokoh" who own these "information" sources bought USD at 12,000 and aren't satisfied with a 5% profit, so they are "selling short" their country in order to weaken the rupiah? It's not that far-fetched, and not really political.

Comment

The problem is also that the Bakries of this country invested huge amounts of money in their candidates and the campaign. And they tried anything to change the outcome of the elections. The last spasm, and a method that has proven to be succesful (esp. in Indonesia), is creating chaos.

Many bridges are burned, it won't be easy to collaborate. In the coalition parties there is a lot of teeth grinding and even revolting attempts of the youngsters who don't agree with the course.
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Did you hear that news ?
            Government pass laws and give Metro some amount of money for news coverage......
            So, yes, media plays conspiracy roles nowadays
            "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOates View Post
              I've noticed TV One is now full of doom and gloom since Jokowi became president. It seems like Bakrie is focussing on reporting the problems Indonesians face like banjir and macet a LOT more.

Noticed anything?
              Right now on the news*: the JIS verdict and banjir in Bandung. But that's even on the Riady channels (e.g. Berita Satu TV) from the Lippo group. And these are Chinese Indonesian. (Although, that doesn't always mean presidential support; look at Hary Tanoe and Bakrie is also partly from Chinese descend. There has also always been a Chinese stronghold in Golkar.)
              Last edited by jstar; 22-12-14, 10:51. Reason: *And macet at Bundaran HI.
              [FONT=arial black]
              [/FONT]

Comment

Working...
              X