Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Drunk Australians are detained by cops for pissing at Balinese Pura

This is embarassing
    I dont know if the news reach The Jakarta Post or English newspaper.
    I personally think these kinds of people need to be punish severely for disrespecting

http://news.detik.com/read/2014/12/2...-damai?9911012
    "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

I'm not very keen on Aussies.

Sat outside a bar in Jakarta eating my Nasi Goreng as you do and one walks up to me and hits me in the face. He was hammered and I told him to go home. It's just something you don't do in Indonesia. In general I feel safer on a night out in Indonesia than I do in my own country..

Comment

Originally posted by Abook looty View Post
      I personally think these kinds of people need to be punish severely for disrespecting

http://news.detik.com/read/2014/12/2...-damai?9911012
      I assume you are a fan of blasphemy laws then?

I think they can be charged with vandalism, indecent exposure and destroying property etc without going down the 'disrespect' route.
      "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by steamedegg View Post

Sat outside a bar in Jakarta eating my Nasi Goreng as you do and one walks up to me and hits me in the face. He was hammered and I told him to go home. It's just something you don't do in Indonesia. In general I feel safer on a night out in Indonesia than I do in my own country..
        Must have been Jalan Jaksa then; don't know any other place besides Kuta where they walk around wasted.

I always have mixed feelings; I don't like the yelling and browling Bintang t-shirts types. And in Australia I have seen some shocking examples of racism and WTT. But met some great people too.

And on the other hand, we have those places in Spain/Greece/Italy as well. And there the British don't have a very good name. But they are one of the most polite and civilized people (in their home country).

So it must be the booze.
        Last edited by jstar; 22-12-14, 10:25. Reason: The Dutch have a bad name in the northern Belgian city of Antwerp; a lot of drunk peeing against the cathedral.
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

Well they can't expect to build a party Island zone and base a huge segment of their economy on boozing ozzies and get away completely Scott free.I can't stand louts, wherever they hail from (although Aussies tend to be the loudest and most crass of all louts) but the Balinese around that area unfortunately like most tourist economies can't have their cake and eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
            I assume you are a fan of blasphemy laws then?

I think they can be charged with vandalism, indecent exposure and destroying property etc without going down the 'disrespect' route.
            Dude,
            in Bali, Pura is considered a sacred ritual place. Disrespecting is a word that is more serious than vandalism, destroying property, etc
            Well, try to make fun of Pura at Bali by , for example, putting stickers on it, or put donald duck ornaments around it and see what happen
            "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

Originally posted by steamedegg View Post

And you base this on meeting how many Australians?
              Every country, every race, every culture has its "bad apples"...
              Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Apparently they should avoid a court appearance having settled the case with the victim in a musyawarah organized by the police, as it is often done in similar cases. Compensation money for the medical bills of the victim and some money to otganize an hindhu ceremony to purify the temple.

Last edited by atlantis; 22-12-14, 10:19.

Comment

They are a fucking disgrace and should have been locked up. If this had happened in a mosque in Lombok do you think they would walk away all smiles and hand shakes ?? Everyone on this planet knows you cant take a piss in someone's sacred or religious place these two arseholes deserved to have got a good kicking.

Comment

I don't understand why young Australian males travel to a foreign land, the culture of which they have no clue, simply to get polluted beyond comprehension. Would it not be less costly and safer to get soused at home where their rude, drunken disorderly behavior would not stand out?

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                      I don't understand why young Australian males travel to a foreign land, the culture of which they have no clue, simply to get polluted beyond comprehension. Would it not be less costly and safer to get soused at home where their rude, drunken disorderly behavior would not stand out?
                      They need their Asian chick fix in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                        That's everywhere the same though; why go to Daytona Beach for Spring Break? Why go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans instead of the local nudie bar if they want to get hammered and see naked breasts? Why go to Tijuana, Ibiza, Chersonissos or Lloret de Mar for fake booze? Could it be people want to escape from their miserable lives?
                        [FONT=arial black]
                        [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                          Apparently they should avoid a court appearance having settled the case with the victim in a musyawarah organized by the police, as it is often done in similar cases. Compensation money for the medical bills of the victim and some money to otganize an hindhu ceremony to purify the temple.

[SIZE=4][FONT=palatino linotype]aaaand in a twist of events:

"[COLOR=#323232]In a statement released on Monday afternoon via his boss at Perth-based human resources firm Checkside, 32-year-old Scott O’Hehir said the Bali restaurant owner, Wayan Mudipa, who accused Mr O’Hehir and his brother Tim, 27, of attacking him was instead the aggressor.

[/COLOR][COLOR=#323232]Mr Mudipa, who owns the Apa Kabar Restaurant in North Kuta, had accused the pair of urinating behind a temple near his eatery and inside a nearby shop he owned, then hitting him and smashing a bottle over his head.[/COLOR]"
                          [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=palatino linotype][/FONT]
                          http://www.news.com.au/national/west...-1227164675923

[SIZE=4][FONT=palatino linotype]i would just shut up if i were him. they could have been in a lot hotter soup.
                          [/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

There has always seemed to be little in the way of consequence for these types. Koh San Rd, Kuta, Goa and most other tourist ghettos are now awash with this foreign detritus.
                            [COLOR=#008000][FONT=arial]I tried to wrestle my inner demons once... but they used too many illegal holds.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Looks like there may be more to this story: http://bali.coconuts.co/2014/12/22/a...ming-they-were

It was Apa Kabar restaurant owner Wayan Mudipa who was the “aggressor,” said Scott O’Hehir...

The restaurant owner who confronted us was extremely aggressive, and he cracked a beer bottle over Tim’s head and slashed my arm with it...

Tim was beaten up by many men and then taken to the police station, we were told for his own protection...
                              Reading this new version of events, I'm not too sure these two brothers are at fault. I guess they should have pissed in the nearest public toilet, as opposed to the alley next to the restaurant. Hang on... the alleys and roadways ARE the public toilets in Bali.

Comment

Working...
                              X