X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScooterIndo
    replied
    Originally posted by lantern View Post
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia]"Australian Muslim funeral directors have vowed not to accept the body of Sydney gunman Man Haron Monis, saying authorities should dump his corpse at sea or “chuck him in the bloody s***house”.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia][/FONT][/COLOR]
    Cremate him that would be poetic justice for the slag.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle O'Brien
    replied
    Originally posted by lantern View Post
    The hostage taker isn't popular with Sydney's Muslim undertakers.

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia]"Australian Muslim funeral directors have vowed not to accept the body of Sydney gunman Man Haron Monis, saying authorities should dump his corpse at sea or “chuck him in the bloody s***house”.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia]The 50-year-old was killed by police after two hostages died during a 16-hour-siege at a café earlier this week.
    His body will be released before Christmas as soon as autopsies are completed but no one has claimed it, the Australian Daily Telegraph reported.
    Amin Sayed, a funeral director with the Lebanese Muslim Association, told the newspaper neither he nor any other establishments would perform the rites.
    “We don’t care about him, we don’t know him, chuck him in the bloody s***house,” he said. “Nobody’s going to do his funeral, no Muslim funeral home will accept him. They can throw him in the bloody sea.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-9935176.html

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I would say that is a fairly big statement on the Muslim community's part. Good on them for making a stance.

Leave a comment:

• lantern
    replied
    The hostage taker isn't popular with Sydney's Muslim undertakers.

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia]"Australian Muslim funeral directors have vowed not to accept the body of Sydney gunman Man Haron Monis, saying authorities should dump his corpse at sea or “chuck him in the bloody s***house”.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Georgia]The 50-year-old was killed by police after two hostages died during a 16-hour-siege at a café earlier this week.
    His body will be released before Christmas as soon as autopsies are completed but no one has claimed it, the Australian Daily Telegraph reported.
    Amin Sayed, a funeral director with the Lebanese Muslim Association, told the newspaper neither he nor any other establishments would perform the rites.
    “We don’t care about him, we don’t know him, chuck him in the bloody s***house,” he said. “Nobody’s going to do his funeral, no Muslim funeral home will accept him. They can throw him in the bloody sea.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-9935176.html

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• Happyman
    replied
    Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    Sullying further the reputation of lawyers is a difficult task, but the unofficially crazy dead guy's lawyer managed to pull it off.

Able to sully a reputation... I'd say that is an endorsement, far as most lawyers go.

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
    According to DSM-V "nutter" is not an official psychiatric diagnosis.
    This guy really sounds like he was hard core.
    Lawyer almost seemed to want his ten minutes of fame in interview I saw.
    Sullying further the reputation of lawyers is a difficult task, but the unofficially crazy dead guy's lawyer managed to pull it off.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle O'Brien
    replied
    I'm not up on my medical terms, but is not psychopath a subspecies of nutter?
    According to DSM-V "nutter" is not an official psychiatric diagnosis.
    This guy really sounds like he was hard core.
    Lawyer almost seemed to want his ten minutes of fame in interview I saw.

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    I guess the dead nutter's lawyer is probably a pretty good one, a pro; he got bail approved for a psychopath, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle O'Brien
    replied
    That the attorney thinks his deceased client was unbalanced is probably not categorized as a privileged communication.

As to the professionalism of the dead client's attorney in characterizing his client, perhaps its a mute point at this juncture, but a comment which could serve to lessen the dead guy's culpability would be in the client's best interests.
    It is a moot point, agreed, but just surprising - and I guess somewhat disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    After hearing about this perpetrator today/tonight on the ABC news and current affair programmes; he was not a nutter - he was a cold, calculating psychopath. He knew exactly what he was doing.
    I'm not up on my medical terms, but is not psychopath a subspecies of nutter?

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    I think lawyer-client privilege persists.
    That the attorney thinks his deceased client was unbalanced is probably not categorized as a privileged communication.

As to the professionalism of the dead client's attorney in characterizing his client, perhaps its a mute point at this juncture, but a comment which could serve to lessen the dead guy's culpability would be in the client's best interests.
    Last edited by waarmstrong; 16-12-14, 23:10.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle O'Brien
    replied
    Originally posted by topsykretts View Post
    most worryingly, he has supporters from the other nutters out there: http://www.news.com.au/national/sydn...-1227157876749

i hope this isn't the spark that ignites the fire.
    After hearing about this perpetrator today/tonight on the ABC news and current affair programmes; he was not a nutter - he was a cold, calculating psychopath. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Leave a comment:

• Bagindo
    replied
    In a nutshell (pardon the pun!) - yes.

And I'm the one being unprofessional now. He may well have had a mental illness - I don't know. Who knows?
    Well it seems he did believe in a mythical being with supernatural powers

Leave a comment:

• Michelle O'Brien
    replied
    Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
    F***** in the head
    In a nutshell (pardon the pun!) - yes.

And I'm the one being unprofessional now. He may well have had a mental illness - I don't know. Who knows?

Leave a comment:

• bad_azz
    replied
    Originally posted by topsykretts View Post
    ??????
    F***** in the head

Leave a comment:

• topsykretts
    replied
    Just more seriously FITH nutters who are wasting our oxygen.
    ??????

Leave a comment:

Working...
X