Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topsykretts View Post
    the guy is dead now anyway!

and who knows, maybe he previously plead insanity on behalf of monis in the legal proceedings he was involved in. (actually i do not think the proceedings were that advanced to reach that stage).

it is an interesting point though which you raised earlier that despite monis' radical/fanatical actions, he was still granted bail. err in court's judgment.
    I think lawyer-client privilege persists.
    Things happen for a reason...

Comment

[SIZE=4][FONT=palatino linotype]
      what i am saying is even if it was indeed a case of the victim caught in a line of police gunfire, the police will never admit to that as official information.[/FONT][/SIZE]
      I'm not so sure. That information will surface. The autopsy report - including ballistics will take some time to fully complete though. And then there will be an official enquiry into the whole incident. Do not sit in front of the TV waiting for this information!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
        I think lawyer-client privilege persists.
        it does. but saying that monis is as crazy as a fruitloop as a one-liner is merely expressing a sweeping opinion of his client and is not revealing any confidential discussions between client and him. i don't think this is even an issue of lawyer-client privilege unless the lawyer goes on to reveal more of his communications with monis.

Comment

it does. but saying that monis is as crazy as a fruitloop as a one-liner is merely expressing a sweeping opinion of his client and is not revealing any confidential discussions between client and him. i don't think this is even an issue of lawyer-client privilege unless the lawyer goes on to reveal more of his communications with monis.
          True, but not very professional at all to be on record saying stuff like that. Doesn't say much for the lawyer. I don't think. Even to the point of culpability - should the lawyer have pushed for psychiatric assessment in other cases etc etc if he truly thought this guy was bonkers. I don't know enough about other cases - just unprofessional of lawyer period really.

Comment

I think the phrase was "mad as a cut snake" but it depends on how one would interpret "mad" - does it mean crazy or angry? (rhetorical question, as we don't know the answer to that).

& as for how the people got killed - as I heard it there was gunfire inside before the police went in. I figure that is where the Manager got shot- but its only my take on what I have read.
            As for the other person shot- I read that it was a fairly confined space for bullets to be flying around in- a ricochet, a stray police bullet, a stray gunamn bullet- yes it is very sad that 2 innocent people died, but what would have been the outcome had the police not gone in when they did?
            I am pretty sure their listening devices would have had them on point for what was transpiring inside.
            Its not as if they stormed in after an hour or two, I doubt it was a case of cops with itchy trigger fingers. I firmly believe they went in when they did to minimise casualties.
            Cicak Magnet

Comment

True, but not very professional at all to be on record saying stuff like that. Doesn't say much for the lawyer. I don't think. Even to the point of culpability - should the lawyer have pushed for psychiatric assessment in other cases etc etc if he truly thought this guy was bonkers. I don't know enough about other cases - just unprofessional of lawyer period really.
              totally agree - i was surprised to read that his lawyer issued a comment at all, even if it wasn't much. he just wanted his 5 seconds of fame. more stupid than unprofessional really.

(sadly, stark contrast to the brilliant high-flying barrister with a stellar record that lost her life in the siege)
              Last edited by topsykretts; 16-12-14, 09:49.

Comment

As for the former lawyer of the perp, well it could be that they parted ways long before the incident & quite possibly in a non-amicable manner.
                I do agree though that making that comment hasn't done the legal guy any favours- I doubt his comments have earned him trust of confidentiality with future clients.
                & yes, Michelle, I also did a double take when I read the comments by the lawyer.
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

totally agree - i was surprised to read that his lawyer issued a comment at all, even if it wasn't much. he just wanted his 5 seconds of fame. more stupid than unprofessional really.

(sadly, stark contrast to the brilliant high-flying barrister with a stellar record that lost her life in the siege)
                  Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                  As for the former lawyer of the perp, well it could be that they parted ways long before the incident & quite possibly in a non-amicable manner.
                  I do agree though that making that comment hasn't done the legal guy any favours- I doubt his comments have earned him trust of confidentiality with future clients.
                  & yes, Michelle, I also did a double take when I read the comments by the lawyer.

I guess I need to listen to myself here too...this is the mainstream media I am citing...maybe lawyer didn't make said comment at all?
                  If the lawyer didn't make the comment it is up to him to defend himself.
                  Ultimately, it is not my problem I guess.

Comment

Besides being bat-shit insane, this guy was on bail for accessory to murder (of his ex-wife), *and* a separate sexual assault case. Yes I guess hindsight is 20/20 but I still think someone seriously dropped the ball on this whack job.

Comment

most worryingly, he has supporters from the other nutters out there: http://www.news.com.au/national/sydn...-1227157876749

i hope this isn't the spark that ignites the fire.

Comment

most worryingly, he has supporters from the other nutters out there: http://www.news.com.au/national/sydn...-1227157876749

i hope this isn't the spark that ignites the fire.
                        Just more seriously FITH nutters who are wasting our oxygen.

Comment

Just more seriously FITH nutters who are wasting our oxygen.
                          ??????

Comment

??????
                            F***** in the head
                            Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                              F***** in the head
                              In a nutshell (pardon the pun!) - yes.

And I'm the one being unprofessional now. He may well have had a mental illness - I don't know. Who knows?

Comment

In a nutshell (pardon the pun!) - yes.

And I'm the one being unprofessional now. He may well have had a mental illness - I don't know. Who knows?
                                Well it seems he did believe in a mythical being with supernatural powers
                                Sometimes I feel I must be lexdysic.

Comment

Working...
                                X