No announcement yet.

Too Little, too late? The Dutch, French "apologize" for massacres

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least, Apology diminishes some revenge left from the victim, at least a little bit.....

It is probably not a correct way , but at least a noble thing to do, since those who apologise, represents part of the whole big family as a nation.
    This is an Asian thingy, definitely not western typical
    "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

Originally posted by Abook looty View Post
      At least, Apology diminishes some revenge left from the victim, at least a little bit.....

It is probably not a correct way , but at least a noble thing to do, since those who apologise, represents part of the whole big family as a nation.
      This is an Asian thingy, definitely not western typical
      I think that an apology can have legal implications especially for Western nations who risk being sued through their courts systems for massive compensation.
      "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
        I think that an apology can have legal implications especially for Western nations who risk being sued through their courts systems for massive compensation.
        This.
        An apology is where starts a civil suit.

Comment

Personally I think we need to hold those Italian bastards responsible for what they did to us during the Roman Empire. I mean how dare they invade Briton and inflict decent roads, sanitation, viaducts, advanced construction and engineering principles upon us all. I mean we were all fine and happily living in our little huts made of sticks and cows shit until they come along. Why would the Romans suppose that we would ever need or even want well planned urban cities like London, York, and Bristol is beyond me personally. If we wanted to see feats of engineering we could always go and have a look at Stonehenge - we didn't ask for any of their artsy fartsy architecture. Education, trade, commerce, banking, anatomy, philosophy, art and literature, music, and medicine. We Britons never asked for any of it, did we. Don't even get me started on fashion, men wearing skirts ?? We were all very happy wrapped up in animal furs in the winter and stinking rags in the summer until that poncey European lot come along, now we all wear skirts.

So I ask you what did they ever do for us Britons ?? We didn't invite them here they invaded us - make them apologize immediately.
          Last edited by ScooterIndo; 30-11-14, 15:41.

Comment

I also don't like what the British distant cousin of your great grandfather did to the father in law of a nephew of one of my Dutch predecessors in South Africa. Putting the Boer in a concentration camp was not nice. I demand retribution.
            Last edited by jstar; 30-11-14, 21:24. Reason: No apology needed, just £££
            [FONT=arial black]
            [/FONT]

Comment

It's funny, isn't it? I like a bit of Monty Python meself.

Nevertheless, the reality of a bullet (or war axe) to the head, whether yesterday, a hundred or a thousand years ago, never really goes away, nor does the victim ever kiss his wife or kids again from that moment.

Try thinking about that the next time you kiss yours, and see if you are still smirking.
              [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post

Nevertheless, the reality of a bullet (or war axe) to the head, whether yesterday, a hundred or a thousand years ago, never really goes away, nor does the victim ever kiss his wife or kids again from that moment.

Try thinking about that the next time you kiss yours, and see if you are still smirking.
                A thousand years ago?!
                Sheesh! No wonder the world is a seething pocket of warring...
                i rest my case.
                Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Great. I await your YouTube video apologizing to all the people any of your ancestors made victims in some way. Should be a fun watch.
                  [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                    Great. I await your YouTube video apologizing to all the people any of your ancestors made victims in some way. Should be a fun watch.
                    Well, I'm going to start by apologizing, for all of us, to the trees ... the barbalutes, in their barbalute suits ... and to the Lorax, of course.

Hugged a tree lately, FP?

Comment

Well, I'm going to start by apologizing, for all of us, to the trees ... the barbalutes, in their barbalute suits ... and to the Lorax, of course.

Hugged a tree lately, FP?
                      My wife has been referred to as a stick of a Woman so maybe yes. With the number of trees I have planted over the past many years on my wife's behalf, I owe the trees nothing. Come to think of it, I guess you may say they owe me. I will wait for their gratitude. Perhaps even an apology since one of them came flying through our door and another ended up on top of our car during typhoon Pamela while in Guam. To think, even without an apology from the trees, my wife had me planting over 100 trees after that just to help out their numbers that were depleted from the storm. It was like, the trees didn't owe her anything. I need to talk to that Woman. She must be doing something wrong.
                      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

My wife has been referred to as a stick of a Woman so maybe yes. With the number of trees I have planted over the past many years on my wife's behalf, I owe the trees nothing. Come to think of it, I guess you may say they owe me. I will wait for their gratitude. Perhaps even an apology since one of them came flying through our door and another ended up on top of our car during typhoon Pamela while in Guam. To think, even without an apology from the trees, my wife had me planting over 100 trees after that just to help out their numbers that were depleted from the storm. It was like, the trees didn't owe her anything. I need to talk to that Woman. She must be doing something wrong.
                        That is almost poetic (justice). Well done. Lovely reply.
                        Last edited by johntap; 01-12-14, 09:02. Reason: to be more poetic

Comment

A simple "yes" probably would have sufficed, Lorax. Nevertheless, on behalf of the barbaloots, I thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment

Wasn't Queen Wilhemina once the richest woman in the world? Do I need to say "Duh" regarding "Where did that money come from?" This is a lot more specific than "white people grew up with an advantage and should apologize, each and every one" which is what "check your privilege" is about on campuses now.

And, puh-lease, people, don't bore me with gender dogma about "white males". Do you really think all those rich women in Victorian times were totally ignorant of where their wealth came from, and would have disapproved had their husbands told them explicitly how they could afford the "finer things in life"?

Comment

Working...
                            X