Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tanzania Evicting 40,000 Maasai for Dubai Royalty.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
    Would you sympathize with such methods?
    As it's a clear invasion of their ancestral lands by a people who have no connection to Tanzania and the fact that they are being sold down the drain by their own government who should be protecting their interests then I think a message may have to be sent. It doesn't take much to scare away tourists which is basically what they are.
    "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by john madden View Post
      You intend drawing a parallel with Aceh/Java?
      I don't think I need to, you've done a fine job of that already.

Comment

Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
        I don't think I need to, you've done a fine job of that already.
        Most readers can see the points of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by john madden View Post
          Most readers can see the points of difference.
          I see. And you also support armed struggle to preserve the Maasai way of life?

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
            As it's a clear invasion of their ancestral lands by a people who have no connection to Tanzania and the fact that they are being sold down the drain by their own government who should be protecting their interests then I think a message may have to be sent. It doesn't take much to scare away tourists which is basically what they are.
            That's probably what the native Americans thought about the "tourists" who started arriving over the big water a few hundred years ago (Pilgrims, I think they originally called themselves, or, alternatively, conquistadors). For better and for worse (depending on which side of the reservation fence you're looking from), it proved to be a serious underestimation. Maybe these tourists are a bit less serious in their aspirations, though.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
            X