Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two finger test

This is just insane that they can do this in this day and age:

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]The “virginity tests” are conducted under the National Police Chief Regulation No.5/2009 on Health Examination Guidelines for Police Candidates.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]“The examination has included a discredited and degrading ‘two-finger test’ to determine whether female applicants’ hymens are intact,” said HRW. (ebf)(+++)[/FONT][/COLOR]

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...ading-hrw.html

gila indeed, i just dont get it.. so the requirement to be a policewomen should be a virgin? what about the policemen?
    [FONT=Tahoma]for my part i know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream...[/FONT]

Comment

I can't work out which part is most ridiculous, is it that (A) there is a regulation to perform such a test, (B) the test is (at least sometimes) performed or (C) those performing the test think they are qualified to interpret the result?

To top it off, doesn't the test itself somewhat violate a sense of virginity? FFS (no pun intended).
      Sometimes I feel I must be lexdysic.

Comment

How in the world they came up with this kind of requirement anyway?
        [FONT=comic sans ms]Please excuse my poor English. [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Chotto Matte View Post
          How in the world they came up with this kind of requirement anyway?
          Oh I think I know the answer to that, though forum members would generally say that such an answer is at odds with the vision they have of Indonesia as a secular state.

Anyway, the test is truly discriminatory as men are not subjected to the same test. However, I have a solution that I think will make all parties happy. Behold! Indonesia's newest, guaranteed-to-be-virgin male recruits.

http://www.jakpost.travel/events/det...FCuBsuqzF.html
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, the police service is often quite 'comical' I guess. Unfortunately rarely humorous.

Comment

They wanted to continue doit it to upcoming High School girls so government positions shouldn't come as a surprise. Pretty stupid to say the least.
              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Well.... Maybe the police just enjoy the opportunity to put something into someone's holes.

they are red blooded guys and it's understandable that when the opportunity arises they will take the chance.

Comment

I think what is even more surprising is that some of you long term expats are surprised.

I mean even casual interaction with Indonesians should sooner or later reveal that Indonesian attitudes towards sex has much more in common with medieval society than the western societies you guys come from.

Comment

No-one actually said they were surprised, I would think that most long-term expats would have been aware of this matter long ago.

I think we're really just expressing our opinions on how ridiculous it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagindo View Post
                      No-one actually said they were surprised, I would think that most long-term expats would have been aware of this matter long ago.

I think we're really just expressing our opinions on how ridiculous it is.
                      Totally agree on all points.
                      To add that medically it is a "crock of sh*t" - not all women are born with a hymen - so the test is totally non-specific and worthless.
                      It is a crazy practice. That this is also done to school-aged girls in my mind constitutes child abuse.
                      Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Perhaps it explains a few things about the JIS case.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                          Totally agree on all points.
                          To add that medically it is a "crock of sh*t" - not all women are born with a hymen - so the test is totally non-specific and worthless.
                          It is a crazy practice. That this is also done to school-aged girls in my mind constitutes child abuse.
                          I agree. Not only unreliable but a life changing event for any girl who fails.
                          "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
                            I agree. Not only unreliable but a life changing event for any girl who fails.
                            Agree! Even to those who do pass this could be life changing at such young ages! How invasive! How violating! Gross thuggery and intimidation of women from such an early age. Just horrible.
                            Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                              Agree! Even to those who do pass this could be life changing at such young ages! How invasive! How violating! Gross thuggery and intimidation of women from such an early age. Just horrible.
                              How about this for spin

"[COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial]An Indonesian police spokesman, Maj Gen Ronny Sompie, said the test was no reason to “respond negatively” to the force’s requirements, and that the exam was used to establish whether applicants have a sexually transmitted infection. “All of this is done in a professional manner and [does] not harm the applicants,” Sompie said.
                              [/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/18/female-indonesian-police-recruits-forced-virginity-test[COLOR=#333333][FONT=arial]
                              [/FONT][/COLOR]
                              "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X