British man apparently murdered in Bali

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British man apparently murdered in Bali

"[SIZE=2][COLOR=#333333][FONT=SkyTextMedium][FONT=arial]A British man has been found dead with his throat slit and wrapped in a plastic bag on Indonesian holiday island Bali.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=SkyTextRegular][FONT=arial]Locals discovered 60-year-old Robert Ellis' body in the island's Bangdun region.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=SkyTextRegular][FONT=arial]A forensics doctor at Bali's Sanglah Hospital, Ida Bagus Putu Alit, confirmed reports the victim had several cuts to his throat, including one that severed a main artery.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=SkyTextRegular][FONT=arial]Local police had thought Mr Ellis was an Australian citizen, because he had previously lived in Australia.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=SkyTextRegular][FONT=arial]He had been living in a luxury apartment complex in the Balinese seaside district of Sanur with his Indonesian wife.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=SkyTextRegular][FONT=arial]Police say the his arms and legs were tied up when a farmer discovered the body inside a plastic bag.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][COLOR=#333333][FONT=SkyTextRegular][SIZE=3][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]It is understood his body showed signs of bruising. Police believe he died early on Monday"[/SIZE].[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

http://news.sky.com/story/1357361/br...t-slit-in-bali

Edit: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...d-9808703.html
    Last edited by lantern; 22-10-14, 01:21.
    "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
    George Bernard Shaw

I worked with him. Great guy.

Comment

RIP.

Apparently the wife ordered a hit.

Comment

WTF??? I actually know them socially. The wife was always a bit eccentric, but who knew??

And what a way to end up. They were successful and rich, were in the process of building a multi-million dollar property, and have at least one young child together. That poor kid.

RIP Bob.

Here is another link, with pictures of the ex-couple:

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/bo...-1227097757135

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
          RIP.

Apparently the wife ordered a hit.
          Rumours?

I hope it is not like 'the other case'.. Suspects was arrested because someone said so.
          Last edited by Missnaughty; 22-10-14, 06:10.

Comment

" Because of many things. She said that her husband is often cheating on her. We allege that she paid the executioners to kill her husband.”

Not reason enough. I feel sorry for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
              Rumours?
              Allegedly confessed, but given details in another high profile case I guess we can take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

Also being reported in Australian media as the wife ordering a hit.

http://bit.ly/1sLOFli
                Things happen for a reason...

Comment

A big shock to us all

Comment

He was a great guy. Lots of stories at my old company coming out now. His office was across from mine. Great boss to his employees.

Comment

Jeez, it's not like LIIF to immediately decide who is guilty and who is innocent in a criminal case before it even gets to court, is it?

Just for the record folks all we know for certain at this stage is that a man has been murdered and his wife has been widowed. Let's not string the poor woman up just yet shall we?

Comment

Article on SMH, mostly recapping what has already been mentioned:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/wife-con...22-119mnt.html

I remember Bob being a soft-spoken and polite gentleman. Well known in Expat circles in Sanur, who are understandably in shock. Bob and Noor have 2 children together, the older one being around 19(?) now, and the younger probably 17. Bob also has children from his previous marriage who reside in Australia. My heart goes out to all those kids.
                        Last edited by dafluff; 22-10-14, 10:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Gongdangdia View Post
                          Jeez, it's not like LIIF to immediately decide who is guilty and who is innocent in a criminal case before it even gets to court, is it?

Just for the record folks all we know for certain at this stage is that a man has been murdered and his wife has been widowed. Let's not string the poor woman up just yet shall we?
                          And I think that's all of us are saying besides repeating what the articles we quoted say. I don't see anyone judging anyone's guilt or innocence here. Which sentences made you think that? Or were you just trying to stir up the pot without any basis in truth?

Comment

Originally posted by Gongdangdia View Post

Eh, to be fair, the title of the article on Sydney Morning Herald is "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/COLOR]Wife confesses to ordering hit on Australian Robert Ellis in Bali", so people are probably reacting to that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dafluff View Post
                              Eh, to be fair, the title of the article on Sydney Morning Herald is "Wife confesses to ordering hit on Australian Robert Ellis in Bali", so people are probably reacting to that as well.
                              In fact all three articles linked after post #1 mentioned her involvement.
                              "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X