Chapter Six - In Which Malala Wins The Nobel Peace Prize

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johntap View Post
    Listen Hopalong, you better ask Sam Harris about that.

I don't think you are hypocritical at all; there are tons of your thoughts here to support this. Hyperactive maybe.

ETA: if you want a label, I would call you a liberal muslim who speaks out but at the same time fears being called an apologist (Your word).
    Oh no, I am definitely not seeking labels for myself. And no, I don't fear being called an apologist ... if you think so, you must have misread or misinterpreted what I said before. I was talking about views expressed by others, quoted in an article I read. If I ever find it again, I'll link it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Ok, thanks. It got me thinking about whether it can ever be good or noble to be an apologist. I still don't know. Is it always used in the pejorative sense?
      Last edited by johntap; 13-10-14, 23:23. Reason: apple

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
        Why, is it a kind of visual form of adderall or rytalin? "Teletubbies" and "Thomas, the Friendly Tank Engine" have worked well in the past.

I thought it was "Masha", by the way ...
        Indonesians say Marsha. The one where they are making jam should make your fingers sticky enough to stop posting - you posted 7 times in ten minutes from 9.54,or something like that
        Last edited by johntap; 13-10-14, 23:24. Reason: time problem

Comment

Ah, yes, that would have been the spate of improvised "mummy" jokes. Well, if that wasn't time well spent, I don't know what is!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Working...
          X