• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrity lawyer Hotman Paris detained after fatal carcrash

Will this be a problem for JIS?

http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.co...orghini-crash/

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
    I was planning on posting this last night but the related thread has not been opened yet.

Maybe, maybe not. My guess is it would depend on the police and how bad they may want to point an unfavorable light on him personally. As another member pointed out to me, he isn't the lead attorney on the case so who knows? I guess I am curious about how the police handle this more then anything at this point. Nothing yet has pointed a finger of blame.
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

According to local news, the accident wasn't Hotman Paris' fault.
      http://megapolitan.kompas.com/read/2...i.Hotman.Paris

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...-accident.html
      [FONT=comic sans ms]Please excuse my poor English. [/FONT]

Comment

What's in your mind that makes you thinking his detaining can make a problem for JIS case?

If I don't miss your point,
        Any clients might have considered anything while making their power of attorney to prevent something bad would happen in the future. First note, basically every clients can withdraw their power of attorney from their lawyer anytime under any circumstances.. Second, if there is a clause about "substitute privilege" existed in power of attorney letter, then the attorney can point out someone else to replace him in representing the case if he isn't unable to do that at the moment. However, the existence of susbstitute privilege doesn't vanish client's right to withdraw his power of attorney and re-choose other lawyers (from other lawfirms) by themselves. But generally, clients dont state to give power attorney to onelawyer only, but to the lawfirm as well. So, there must be always some lawyers in the team.

If HP's found to be guilty for criminal record with 4 years or more of prison, his lawyering right can be vanished by Peradi or Dewan Kehormatan... But, let's set aside of that now and just take presume of innocence upon him.
        Last edited by FreeApple; 06-10-14, 13:11.
        [COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg]Threw a line out to pull you to me
        [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg]If you don't get it then you don't get it.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by FreeApple View Post
          What's in your mind that makes you thinking his detaining can make a problem for JIS case?

If I don't miss your point,
          Any clients might have considered anything while making their power of attorney to prevent something bad would happen in the future. First, basically every clients can withdraw their power of attorney from lawyer anytime. Second, if there is a clause about "substitute privilege" that client gives in the power of attorney letter, then the attorney can point out someone else to replace him in representing the case if he cannot do that. However, the existence of susbstitute privilege doesn't vanish client's right to withdraw his power of attorney and able to point other lawyers (in other lawfirms) by themselves. But generally, clients dont state to give power attorney to onelawyer only, but his law firm as well. So, there must be always some lawyers in the team.

If HP's found to be guilty for criminal record with 4 years or more of prison, his lawyering right can be vanished by Peradi or Dewan Kehormatan... But, let's set aside of that now and just take presume of innocence upon him.
          That all means nothing when image is so important.
          [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Well, they always have choices.

I hope those news do provide right facts.
            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg]Threw a line out to pull you to me
            [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg]If you don't get it then you don't get it.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=proxnov-reg][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Comment

engine in the rear, front or middle?

Comment

There is a direct correlations between Hotman and Jis Case ?
                  "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

Hotman Paris is one of the attorneys for JIS. However, I believe Harry Ponto is the lead. But I'm not really sure. I do know that Hotman has been quoted a number of times in the press, speaking as JIS counsel.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
                      Will this be a problem for JIS?
                      No. They have enough talented lawyers to argue the case.

I don't know about the crash case but HP should at least be charged for untasteful choice of color for his Lamborghini. Jeez, a green apple one! Let me grab my KUHP...

Comment

I suppose that level of car means you simply must drive in public to show off to other status-conscious people. Back in US, people I know who own something of that class team up and rent a race track for a day. If they drive the car on public streets at all, they are VERY wary of potholes. A minor bump can mean an expensive bengkel trip. Not to mention the impossibility of driving more than 50kph in downtown Jakarta.

He's lucky he didn't get hurt. And being a lawyer, he should be able to get his insurance company to cover the loss.

Comment

According to the print edition of today's Globe the police have said that he has no case to answer and the case is now closed.
                          "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

http://www.wreckedexotics.com
                            Scroll down to Added This Week section -- photos of his crash. I guess it's international news, so to speak.

Comment

Working...
                            X