X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Embassy warning to its citizens

I've just received this from the French embassy. Thought I'd share it here:

Madame, Monsieur,

Dans le contexte de l’intervention de la coalition internationale contre l’Etat islamique et des menaces proférées par le porte-parole de l’organisation terroriste contre la France et les citoyens français, le ministère des Affaires Etrangères a ajouté, jeudi, trois pays d’Asie du sud-est, l’Indonésie, la Malaisie et les Philippines, à la liste des pays dans lesquels une vigilance particulière est conseillée.

A titre préventif, l’Ambassade de France a demandé aux autorités indonésiennes de mettre en place des mesures de protection supplémentaire devant les implantations françaises, notamment les trois établissements scolaires et les instituts culturels.

L’Ambassade est en contact étroit avec les autorités indonésiennes et les autres ambassades des pays membres de la coalition pour suivre l’évolution de la situation et ses éventuelles conséquences en Indonésie. Il n’y a pas, à ce stade, d’informations faisant état d’une menace ciblée et identifiée contre les intérêts occidentaux ou français en Indonésie.

Je vous invite néanmoins à une vigilance renforcée dans votre vie quotidienne à titre de précaution.

L’Ambassade vous enverra de nouveaux messages, si nécessaire, en fonction de l ‘évolution de la situation. De votre côté, vous pouvez nous joindre à l’adresse suivante : [email protected] si vous avez des questions.

Cordialement

(redacted)

I better go to google to get this translated

Comment

From Google

In the context of the intervention of the international coalition against the Islamic state and uttered by the spokesman of the terrorist organization against France and French citizens threats, the Foreign Ministry said Thursday, three countries Asian southeast, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines, to the list of countries in which particular vigilance is advised.
      As a precaution, the Embassy of France has asked the Indonesian authorities to put in place additional measures to protect the French settlements, including three schools and cultural institutions.
      The Embassy is in close contact with Indonesian authorities and other embassies of the member countries of the coalition to monitor the situation and its possible consequences in Indonesia. There is not, at this stage, to reports of a targeted and identified threat against Western interests in Indonesia or French.
      I invite you nevertheless strengthened in your daily life as a precautionary vigilance.
      The Embassy will send new messages, if necessary, depending on the developments. On your side, you can reach us at the following address: [email protected] if you have any questions.
      kind regards
      [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Sorry I should have provided a translation. Thanks fastpitch!

Comment

I'm glad that Americans are safe.
          Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
            I'm glad that Americans are safe.
            Our Embassy hasn't said anything, so I'm sure we are.

Comment

I see two German hostages have just been threatened with beheading in the Philippines, so we shouldn't be complacent and assume this isn't something that could be a problem in our neck of the woods.

It might not do any harm to reexamine our routines I suppose, but then there's probably Sweet Fanny Adams any of us can do if they decide they're coming for us.

I learned that from the neighbourhood I grew up in, keeping your wits about you while adopting a degree of fatalism is often your only option.

Comment

Typical Embassy arse covering.

Comment

Well, being the only pale face other then the occasional tourist in my fair city, I guess they know where to find me.
                  [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Gongdangdia View Post
                    I see two German hostages have just been threatened with beheading in the Philippines, so we shouldn't be complacent and assume this isn't something that could be a problem in our neck of the woods.

It might not do any harm to reexamine our routines I suppose, but then there's probably Sweet Fanny Adams any of us can do if they decide they're coming for us.

I learned that from the neighbourhood I grew up in, keeping your wits about you while adopting a degree of fatalism is often your only option.
                    Complacent is the right word. I think many expats are convinced that events like the Bali bombings are a distant memory. Quite the contrary.

There is definitive evidence that the mujahideen traveling from southeast Asia are organizing into their own units, the propaganda video I linked previously is an example of it. There are many more sympathizers waiting in the wings, and they will be looking for opportunities to attack or ransom foreigners. The ball game has changed, and IS is the "new hotness." Its preferred method of terror is to target Westerners; so we should all take their threats at face value.

Comment

I think the nightmare scenario is the Mumbai/Westgate option, that gives me a shudder when I think about it, and it's so easily planned and accomplished unlike hijacking jet planes. Probably shouldn't even talk about it in case it gives the boyos ideas.

Comment

Working...
                      X