Shariah law applies to non-Muslims too

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shariah law applies to non-Muslims too

Non-Muslims were told that syariah law applies to Muslims only, not anymore…
    http://www.ibtimes.com/indonesian-pr...ay-sex-1692477

Btw, I cannot find above news in Indonesian, censored I guess.

Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
    Non-Muslims were told that syariah law applies to Muslims only, not anymore…
    http://www.ibtimes.com/indonesian-pr...ay-sex-1692477

Btw, I cannot find above news in Indonesian, censored I guess.
    Not censored at all. Just old news.
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
      Not censored at all. Just old news.
      Report was filed 2 days ago, so it’s still hot. But local press is not reporting it, I have searched with Kompas, Google & Yahoo, nothing from Indonesia about this.

Comment

Report was filed 2 days ago, so it’s still hot. But local press is not reporting it, I have searched with Kompas, Google & Yahoo, nothing from Indonesia about this.
        http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...ghlight=sharia

Was reported on by local press.
        Your source seems to be a bit behind times.

Comment

Maybe what you see is that while it has been anounced and spoken of previously, it is now coming into play. So far, it has been only practice.

Comment

Jak Globe today after lunch. Main news story.

Comment

Originally posted by johntap View Post
              Jak Globe today after lunch. Main news story.
              Coming Soon in Aceh: Shariah Law for Non-Muslims (22 September 2014)
              http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/...w-non-muslims/

Comment

Guess that place is off my holiday list then.
                Things happen for a reason...

Comment

The funny thing is a few years back they opened a big shiny new airport, with a big display showing huge increases of passenger numbers based on tourism.

So how do they plan to achieve this increase in tourism? Building hotels, roads and resorts? Err, no, imposing Sharia law on non-muslims. Genius.

Comment

religious tourism. The airport ain't that big and shiny.

Comment

Maybe they're trying to attract middle eastern tourists and want to make them feel at home.

Although on second thought, it seems the first thing some of these tourist do once they get to Bali is slam a few Bintangs.

Comment

religious tourism. The airport ain't that big and shiny.
                        How about Extreme Tourism? And if a tourist gets locked up, he can sell his story to NGC for ‘Locked Up Abroad’ TV program.

Comment

religious tourism.
                          Family conversation in a Saudi home.

"Lets go on holiday to Aceh and see how they religiously persecute people in another part of the world, it will be great"
                          "C'mon Mustafa, get your stones packed boy, it'll be fun wont it ?? you've never stoned an Indonesian before"
                          "Aww Mum if we go on holiday to Aceh it means I'll miss the beheadings at the mosque this weekend, all my mates are going"
                          "Don't you worry about that, Daddy will take you to the beheadings when we get back, I am sure they will have plenty more"
                          "And besides we may see some in Aceh, after all they have adopted Sharia law now"
                          "No we wont mum, all they have is floggings and stoning's in Aceh it just wont be the same will it"
                          "Why not Mus ?? C'mon it will be great, floggings and stoning's, mosques everywhere and they even have a religious police"
                          "Yeah I know that but they are not Saudi mum, so that means they aren't real Muslims are they ??"
                          "No that's right Mus they aren't are they, I forgot about that. Screw it lets go to Disney Land again"

Comment

Originally posted by scooterindo View Post
                            family conversation in a saudi home.

"lets go on holiday to aceh and see how they religiously persecute people in another part of the world, it will be great"
                            "c'mon mustafa, get your stones packed boy, it'll be fun wont it ?? You've never stoned an indonesian before"
                            "aww mum if we go on holiday to aceh it means i'll miss the beheadings at the mosque this weekend, all my mates are going"
                            "don't you worry about that, daddy will take you to the beheadings when we get back, i am sure they will have plenty more"
                            "and besides we may see some in aceh, after all they have adopted sharia law now"
                            "no we wont mum, all they have is floggings and stoning's in aceh it just wont be the same will it"
                            "why not mus ?? C'mon it will be great, floggings and stoning's, mosques everywhere and they even have a religious police"
                            "yeah i know that but they are not saudi mum, so that means they aren't real muslims are they ??"
                            "no that's right mus they aren't are they, i forgot about that. Screw it lets go to disney land again"

lol ...

Comment

Coming Soon in Aceh: Shariah Law for Non-Muslims (22 September 2014)
                              http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/...w-non-muslims/
                              This is contradictory, so it's either a bad translation, poor reporting, or basic lack of logic:

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica]A draft of the local criminal code known as Qanun Jinayat, obtained by the Jakarta Globe includes a clause that stipulates that a non-Muslim caught violating Shariah would be given the option of being tried at a Shariah court or at a regular court, based on the national criminal code.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica]However, if the act is considered a crime under Shariah but not under the national criminal code, even non-Muslim violators would be tried based on the regulations stipulated in the Qanun Jinayat.

[FONT=Verdana]The noun "option" means the choice is made by the accused, so it's fairly obvious that a non-Muslim who did something NOT forbidden by civil law would choose civil court.

BTW, isn't this "shariah applies to everyone of all faiths equally" law actually against Shariah, which stipulates that only Muslims are bound by Shariah?[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X