Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimbus
    replied
    Eid mubarak. Mohon maaf lahir dan batin.

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    An answer to my own question for those interested (taken from the internet):

This year’s fasting hours are quite long in the Middle East and the majority of Muslim World but not in the distant parts of the world. In the southern hemisphere, where winter has started on the 21st of June, the fasting day is as short as 10 hours while in the northern hemisphere, it is as long as 20 hours.

When Ramadan returns in a number of years to coincide again with the North Hemisphere’s winter season, because of the continuous daily shifting between the Lunar Calendar and the Solar Calendar, the north hemisphere will witness short fasting hours while the south hemisphere will observe longer ones as the holy month will be amidst its summer season that brings long daytime hours.

And has been pointed out to me today:

Fasting Six Days of Shawwal After Ramadan: ‘Like Fasting The Entire Year’

Ayyub (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said,

“Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days from Shawwal it is as if they fasted the entire year.”
    [Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah; Ahmad transmitted it from Jabir, Muntaqa]

Thawban (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace be upon him, his family, and companions) said,

“Whoever fasts Ramadan, and then six days after Eid, it is [like fasting] an entire year. Whoever does a good deed shall have ten times its reward.”
    [Ibn Majah, Muntaqa]

1. Based on this, the majority of the fuqaha, including the Hanafi, Shafi`i, and Hanbali school, have held that it is recommended to fast six days of the month of Shawwal.
    [Radd al-Muhtar; Mughni al-Muhtaj Shah al-Minhaj; Kashshaf al-Qina`]

2. It is permitted to fast these six days separately throughout the month, or consecutively, after Eid al-Fitr.
    [ibid.]

3. It is prohibitively disliked (makruh tahriman) and sinful to fast on Eid day itself.
    [Radd al-Muhtar]

4. The Shafi`is and Hanbalis state that it is superior to make the six fasts consecutive
    [Minhaj, Ghayat al-Muntaha].

Khatib al-Shirbini explains the reasoning as being, “In order to hasten to do the good, and because of the problems inevitable in delaying,” such as becoming lazy and not actually fulfilling this sunna in the end, though he points out that the sunna is fulfilled by both consecutive and non-consecutive fasting of six days in Shawwal.
    [Mughni al-Muhtaj]

Leave a comment:

• johntap
    replied
    Is my high school astronomy working for me. Am i right to assume that at other times of the year e.g. in December, the Ramadan fasting time in Kazakhstan would be very short?

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    replied
    Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
    fasting in KZ was quite tough; 18 - 19 hours;
    Wowsers. Sangat sulit pasti.

very hot and dry, but most of my time was indoor - so not too bad.
    My last day fasting and shalat Id was in Jakarta,
    Alhamdulillah.

I lived in Xinjiang Province, China for ten months in 2010-11, very close to Kazakhstan border. The summer hot, dry and windy, yes, but to me more pleasant than the steamy warmth of the tropics. The winter was almost unbelievably cold, but I loved it. Snow and ice on the ground from early November sampai mid-April, terus. I'm surprised Indonesians can manage that kind of cold for several months and survive it, I'm sure my wife could not.... she couldn't handle Kathmandu in December, and that was nothing "I]dingin[/I] compared with Xinjiang.

Hope you enjoy your time at home to the fullest!

Leave a comment:

• wisnupurwanto
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
    Iya, saudaraku, 'udah makan lontong, sayur, ayam, rendang, kue... (urp). Enaknya.

What was the span of your fast if in Kazakhstan? 16, 17 hours? More?

Or were you back home for all of Ramadan?

Thanks MrBule,
    fasting in KZ was quite tough; 18 - 19 hours; very hot and dry, but most of my time was indoor - so not too bad.
    My last day fasting and shalat Id was in Jakarta,

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    replied
    Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
    Wa'alaikum salam mister
    Selamat Lebaran - Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin
    hope you enjoy the ketupat, opor, and rendang like we do
    Iya, saudaraku, 'udah makan lontong, sayur, ayam, rendang, kue... (urp). Enaknya.

What was the span of your fast if in Kazakhstan? 16, 17 hours? More?

Or were you back home for all of Ramadan?
    Last edited by Mister Bule; 29-07-14, 00:54.

Leave a comment:

• wisnupurwanto
    replied
    Wa'alaikum salam mister
    Selamat Lebaran - Mohon Maaf Lahir dan Batin
    hope you enjoy the ketupat, opor, and rendang like we do

Leave a comment:

• whatever
    replied
    Salam Mister, sama-sama, maafin aku juga dan selamat Lebaran ^^

Leave a comment:

• Mister Bule
    started a topic Idul Fitri 2014

Idul Fitri 2014

Assalaamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakhatu.

Salaam to all Muslim brothers and sisters who read and / or contribute to this forum... mohon maaf lahir dan batin.

(NB: this is "current event", not "politics".)

ramadan35.jpgramadan7.jpg
    Last edited by Mister Bule; 27-07-14, 21:16.
Working...
X