Did Probowo just break the law?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Probowo just break the law?

[SIZE=2][FONT=arial]Just saw this posted after Probowo withdrew from the presidential election.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]"[/FONT][COLOR=#4C4C4C][FONT=arial]Pascal 245 ayat 1[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#4C4C4C][FONT=arial]Setiap Calon Presiden atau Wakil Presiden yang dengan sengaja mengundurkan diri setelah penetapan calon presiden dan wakil presiden sampai dengan pelaksanaan permungutan suara puteran pertama, dipidana dengan pidana penjara paling singkat 24 bulan dan paling lama 60 bulan dan denda paling sedikit Rp.25.000.000.000,00 dan paling banyak Rp.50.000.000.000,00"

Can someone verify?[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Breaking the law or not, i think what he did is so lame.
    A wanna be president should not have that kind of attitude at all.
    So lame.
    It will be written in the history, he will be a laughing stock, a joke.
    Didnt he think about it before he did that?
    Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

He has brought shame on every Indonesian around the world, as has the whole spectacle in the last few weeks. Absolutely and utterly ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Donting101 View Post
        He has brought shame on every Indonesian around the world, as has the whole spectacle in the last few weeks. Absolutely and utterly ridiculous
        Especially the ones who voted for him
        Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

I don't think he is breaking the law. I had a little discussion with some indonesianists (foreign academics who are expert on Indonesia) this afternoon. That article clearly states that the law will take umbridge if the candidate withdraws during the period between the announcement of the nomination and the voting day. Prabowo did pull himself out of this race when the election commission was finalising the counting. So technically, the withdrawal took place after the voting day.
          Last edited by ponyexpress; 23-07-14, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
            I don't think he is breaking the law. I had a little discussion with some indonesianists (foreign academics who are expert on Indonesia) this afternoon. That article clearly states that the law will take umbridge if the candidate withdraw during the period between the announcement of the nomination and the voting day. Prabowo did pull himself out of this race when the election commission was finalising the counting. So technically, the withdrawal took place after the voting day.
            You are right Pony. The media are now seeing it this way. I think there is some discussion also about whether he said 'I am withdrawing' as opposed to 'I am resigning', or something, and this has made a difference.

Comment

Just screwed up his chances of running next time anyway

Comment

Please Prabowo, do something utterly idiotic and puerile so next time people know not to nominate him, let alone elect him.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
                  Just screwed up his chances of running next time anyway
                  Erm, wasnt this his third and final attempt?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
                    Erm, wasnt this his third and final attempt?
                    no...

the 1st one he failed at Golkar internal...
                    2nd one he failed as the vice president....

so if its baseball, he only have a 2 strike (mostly)...
                    10 step to eternity...

Comment

Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
                      Please Prabowo, do something utterly idiotic and puerile so next time people know not to nominate him, let alone elect him.
                      Exactly what I'm hoping for. But from what I can see on Facebook, the Prabowo supporters are as deluded as ever.

Comment

He just seems like a petulant child. From his refusing to answer questions from certain newspapers, how he's acted since the election, and this final "I'm taking my ball and going home" just show his real character.

While I'm no expert it seems the dirty tricks and questionable behavior came mostly from his camp.
                        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                          He just seems like a petulant child. From his refusing to answer questions from certain newspapers, how he's acted since the election, and this final "I'm taking my ball and going home" just show his real character.

While I'm no expert it seems the dirty tricks and questionable behavior came mostly from his camp.
                          Nope. Just going home. Never had a ball to begin with. Just a whiney schoolyard bully that didn't get to play.
                          [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Funny about the playground comment, now they're crying and sulking about Prabowo being "bullied".
                            http://indonesiasatu.kompas.com/read...i.media.sosial

What I find so crazy is they're blaming the Jokowi-JK team, as if it's impossible that normal people are simply tired of Prabowo's antics. Coincidentally, Prabowo's team was the one who performed systematic smear campaign through Obor Rakyat, TV One, et al.

Comment

Not taking his ball home yet... http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...nal-court.html

Comment

Working...
                              X