Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it all kick off today or tomorrow after the election results are announced?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
    Prabowo has withdrawn from the election. (Rather than concede defeat, I guess)

so presumably, no problems anymore.

on the contrary, I'm afraid.
    that statement means more anxious wait to see what happens next.
    even the people in his camp is still debating what that statement means.

Comment

Oh my god.. this ketua kpu keep talking on..and on..
      Just declare it already!
      Indonesia is perplexing. Deal with it!

Comment

It's official now

Comment

Prabowo said that they won't stand still.. hmmm and the cautious continues
          Dancing along the bumpy road of life. And it feels damn good!

Comment

I could understand disputing the election if the result came down to a few thousand votes... or even a few hundred thousand votes... but disputing a margin of 8.4 million votes... seems rather unrealistic.
            This space is available for rent.

Comment

So who is our next President? Is it Jokowi for sure or Stil on dispute in MA?

Comment

I read somewhere that the Prabowo-Hatta lawyer said that they cannot dispute the result at the Constitutional Court because only candidates can do so and since Prabowo has already withdrawn his candidacy he is legally unable to do so.

And then, I read from a comment that this is actually a smart move of him because this way it keeps the door open to keep spreading doubt about the results. If he went to the Constitutional Court, it is very unlikely that he could overturn the result with a more than 8 million vote difference and once the court settles the matter he can't really keep fighting it. But now that his allegations of fraud cannot be tried in court anymore, he can keep the doubt among his supporters.

What his next move will be remains to be seen though.

Comment

Well, I didn't expect to be in Jakarta at this time but I am & from what I saw last night & hear from others around and about all this build up has been somewhat a damp squib- maybe cos it rained? Maybe cos it wasn't confirmed until many people were asleep.

Oh bugger, what are all the folks here gonna do for drama now? Back to Sinetron? Ghost hunter? Bitching in malls?
                  Elections are never really all that exciting no matter what the country, sadly.
                  Just usually full of self important li'l men with a hard on for power gobbing off at each other- boring as fek really.

For those learning English language; all the hype predicting crazed gun-toting riots =over-dramatisation & the resulting quiet streets and life going along as usual is called an anti-climax.
                  Its the feeling also associated with Christmas day after all the build up to it for months in advance- just not many like to admit it.

& that's my tuppence-worth
                  Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                    Well, I didn't expect to be in Jakarta at this time but I am & from what I saw last night & hear from others around and about all this build up has been somewhat a damp squib- maybe cos it rained? Maybe cos it wasn't confirmed until many people were asleep.

Oh bugger, what are all the folks here gonna do for drama now? Back to Sinetron? Ghost hunter? Bitching in malls?
                    Elections are never really all that exciting no matter what the country, sadly.
                    Just usually full of self important li'l men with a hard on for power gobbing off at each other- boring as fek really.

For those learning English language; all the hype predicting crazed gun-toting riots =over-dramatisation & the resulting quiet streets and life going along as usual is called an anti-climax.
                    Its the feeling also associated with Christmas day after all the build up to it for months in advance- just not many like to admit it.

& that's my tuppence-worth
                    well i still got my Real Life for drama...

but yeah, i would definetly miss the drama at the last election, most of Indonesian social-media are filled with foolish debate between 2 supporters group during that time...
                    10 step to eternity...

Comment

Originally posted by SomeoneHere View Post
                      well i still got my Real Life for drama... but yeah, i would definetly miss the drama at the last election, most of Indonesian social-media are filled with foolish debate between 2 supporters group during that time...
                      Oh my... I'm not gonna miss it tho, hoping to get over this election things as soon as possible instead. People in social-media are way too annoying and disturbing with all those black campaigns and such. I've had more than enough of drama for the past few weeks related to the election. Need no more.
                      [FONT=times new roman]Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.[/FONT]

Comment

Fadli zon, fahri hamzah and hatta rajasa are missing, people are starting to worry
                        Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

What I'll miss are all those funny memes. Indonesians have great sense of humor.
                          Indonesia is perplexing. Deal with it!

Comment

They start the new funny memes for now which quite amusing.
                            Dancing along the bumpy road of life. And it feels damn good!

Comment

Working...
                            X