Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it all kick off today or tomorrow after the election results are announced?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it all kick off today or tomorrow after the election results are announced?

Should we lock the doors and stay in?

Will the KPU delay the results?

Will we see some crazy rioting?

Will the losing side just concede quietly because SBY asked them to nicely and bought a nice dinner?

hype or reality?

There's supposed to be some demo starting at 2pm today at Bundaran HI (Hotel Indonesia traffic circle) with about 2,000 or so demonstrators.

Comment

Oh as I wrote before, some offices near the area told the employees to go home at 3pm today. Better be safe if you are near Sudirman-Thamrin area. The police has been in Bundaran HI since this morning.
      Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

But the Hotel Indonesia demos are usually very civilised. It's the factory burning, tollroad closing demos I'm more worried about.

Comment

Yes, usually it is. But who knows? I'm worried if the demo doesn't stay put there and march around.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
            There's supposed to be some demo starting at 2pm today at Bundaran HI (Hotel Indonesia traffic circle) with about 2,000 or so demonstrators.
            http://indonesiasatu.kompas.com/read...campaign=Kknwp 20k people

Comment

Wow. That's a larger number than expected.

Comment

I've been out all morning in Jakarta (not near KPU) and the traffic is about 25% of normal. Lots seem to have had a day off.

Comment

Isn't it against Islam to act violently during Ramadan? Is that why they want to delay? If people do riot, just how Islamic is Indonesia really to break one of the most sacred holidays for Muslims? Let's see what happens.

Comment

One of my company office in Jakarta close at around 3 PM to avoid worst possibility
                    Dancing along the bumpy road of life. And it feels damn good!

Comment

...or 200 people
                      http://news.detik.com/read/2014/07/2...epi?n991104466

http://lewatmana.com/cam/9/bundaran-hi/
                      Last edited by Bang Arif; 22-07-14, 16:46.

Comment

Nothing happen.

oh, rupiah and ihsg is turun because of one sore looser I heard..
                        Indonesia is perplexing. Deal with it!

Comment

Prabowo has withdrawn from the election. (Rather than concede defeat, I guess)

so presumably, no problems anymore.

Comment

I'm going to quote something i saw on another site. "[COLOR=#4C4C4C]according to UUD42-2008, article 245, It states that a candidate that withdrawals from an election before the final result can get a minimum of 24 months of jail time." Did Probowo just break the law?

[/COLOR][COLOR=#4C4C4C][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Pascal 245 ayat 1[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            [COLOR=#4C4C4C][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Setiap Calon Presiden atau Wakil Presiden yang dengan sengaja mengundurkan diri setelah penetapan calon presiden dan wakil presiden sampai dengan pelaksanaan permungutan suara puteran pertama, dipidana dengan pidana penjara paling singkat 24 bulan dan paling lama 60 bulan dan denda paling sedikit Rp.25.000.000.000,00 dan paling banyak Rp.50.000.000.000,00[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            Last edited by Illuminasi; 22-07-14, 18:15.

Comment

Around menteng I saw groups of prabowo supports with flags. A few men were carrying knives/sticks/swords. There is a chance things can be pretty nasty.

Comment

Working...
                              X