Debunking the Palestine Lie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
    More in-depth reading, article by Michael Walzer, professor emeritus of social science at the Institute for Advanced Study http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ical-war-hamas
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/45...ian-casualties

Try this link for another review

Comment

• Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
      More in-depth reading, article by Michael Walzer, professor emeritus of social science at the Institute for Advanced Study http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ical-war-hamas
      That was a satisfying article, though I do have one quibble.

"[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Publico Text]We should choose Israel[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]—[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Publico Text]because Israel is a democracy where it is possible to imagine the political defeat of the rightwing nationalists who are now in charge; it is possible to imagine a government that would work toward Palestinian statehood[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]—[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Publico Text]Israel has had governments of that sort in the past, under the leadership of Yitzhak Rabin and Ehud Olmert."

It is possible to imagine that, I agree, but it is not possible for the Palestinian citizens and "non-citizens" (East Jerusalem), many of whom do not have the right to vote. To call Israel a democracy is accurate if we are speaking in the same terms of calling America a democracy prior to suffrage. It certainly has the most POTENTIAL of any state in the Middle East. I would like to "choose Israel," but I have to agree with the other side of his assessment. That other side, the reality that Likud has designs over much, much more territory, is also a manifestation of the nationalist (Zionist) sentiment of many, if not most, Israelis. I appreciate the fact that such discourse can happen in Israel and rarely elsewhere in the Middle East. Sadly, I think this article does prove what the Palestinians already know: that most Israelis secretly (or perhaps now openly) want what Meir Kahane wanted.

The problem remains intractable, something we shouldn't bother to address at all. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael2014 View Post
        That article was pure hasbara ("explanation," a.k.a propaganda). An attempt to wash the hands of Israel's military, which prides itself on being so very moral and ethical, is completely nullified by even a cursory glance at the results of its modern and humane practices. Honestly, stuff like this reads like Voltaire's Candide, only it's not satire. These people legitimately believe this crap. The fact that you similarly believe this crap suggests that you're possessed of extraordinary naivete.

Comment

• All Palestinian civilian casualties in this conflict result ultimately from Gaza terrorists' aggression against Israel, and Hamas's use of human shields — the most important plank of Hamas's war-fighting policy.
          No, they result ultimately from the fact of Israeli military forces personally blowing them to shit with munitions and equipment funded or supplied directly by the United States. This "it is Hamas who is pulling the trigger on the Palestinians" or "it is the Palestinians who are pulling the trigger on themselves" B/S has become a mind-numbing mantra from Israel's apologists, but let me tell you something: you (Michael2014) say this is the "truth" and I and a good damn swath of the rest of the world say you're talking from the place you shit from. We haven't bought it, we ain't buying it , and we ain't gonna buy it any time soon, so sell it to yourselves. Brainwash yourselves until the cows come home, it's not gonna work on us.
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
            Yes ISIS. Coming to an Ache soon. Ache better get independence soon. All the Indonesians who hopefully have their citizenship taken away will need a place to go. Your social media observations are a good example of the mindlessness that is present in those that have never been able to sit down and think for themselves.
            I doubt that Aceh would be fertile ground for ISIS, chiefly because the basis for Acehnese separatism is ethnic identity rather than religious identity. Note that the Acehnese are not seeking to resurrect the Caliphate or even to have pure shari'a (Qanun Aceh is based on their traditions rather than simply shari'a, though it is often informed by shari'a as well).

Note also that the Acehnese rejected previous terror groups; GAM denounced Jemaah Islamiyah when the latter attempted to set up a training camp in Aceh. Part of that could be the view that they're competition, but I suppose the larger reason is their desire to be seen as legitimate rather than terrorists.

Also, I doubt that the Acehnese would expel the foreigners. They are actually a hospitable people, it's just that they have a raging hard-on for resisting colonial authority.

Comment

• UN figures indicate that 73% of the Palestinian victims, 1,354 people, were civilians.
              Of that number, at least 429 were children.

I think this speaks for itself
              "He who has no manners has no knowledge..."

Comment

• No other country is the world could do this and get away with out a single official word of critisism from America, the reason for this is pretty obvious. Political and strategic considerations are placed in higher importance than that of the genocide being carried out on the people of Gaza. In private even the American executive branch is deeply troubled by what Israel is doing but are practically and politically powerless to critisise let alone intervene. And so the world watches in disgust as one nation slowly obliterates another coldly, callously and very determinedly. How dare Gaza demand its own borders are opened, that it is allowed to receive humanitarian aid to rebuild, that it can get in enough food to remove itself from enforced starvation. And how unfair of us to critisise a nation who feels that commiting genocide is a reasonable political and military response to aggression comparable to being spat on by a child.
                "He who has no manners has no knowledge..."

Comment

Working...
                X