X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gongdangdia
    replied
    Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    A guy who seemed to view himself as not subject to the rules in place for mere mortals to the point of making a public display of arrogance at some perceived slight or affront... I cannot imagine why he was a candidate for deportation when it is clear he had so completely adopted elements of the local culture.
    I remember a similar bloke, British, felt the rules didn't apply to him. Picked up a girl in Jalan Jaksa, took her back to his kos, smoked weed together and then had sex. He chucked her out later without payment. She went to a nearby peeler and kindly pointed out to him where the weed was stashed.

Ten minutes later bloke discovers rules do apply to him after all.

Leave a comment:

• sergiorubio
    replied
    You can try ALP Consulting Visa in Jakarta,they are reliable and serious,maybe can help you.
    I've been deported and they fixed my problem and I'm already back to Indonesia.

http://www.indonesiaimmigration.com/

good luck

Leave a comment:

• Donting101
    replied
    True that. If you're looking for demented females, nowhere trumps Thailand

Leave a comment:

• jimmi james
    replied
    Or even more than one. And let's be clear here, Indonesia does not have a monopoly on crazy girls!

Leave a comment:

• ScooterIndo
    replied
    Originally posted by Donting101 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me about the nutty ex-girlfriend/or stalker. Had one of those myself in Jakarta for a time and was an absolute nightmare to get completely rid of her, these girls can cause serious destruction to your life if they really want to .
    Haven't we all mate -

Leave a comment:

• Donting101
    replied
    Doesn't surprise me about the nutty ex-girlfriend/or stalker. Had one of those myself in Jakarta for a time and was an absolute nightmare to get completely rid of her, these girls can cause serious destruction to your life if they really want to.

if he was overstaying and caught before going to the airport, this surely is an offence. just bad luck. At the airport he can pay the fine but if you are hanging out at home and they impromptu check your 'papers' and you're overstaying, they will arrest you straight away.

if his girlfriend (Indonesian?) had a visa for the UK and overstayed as much as 1 day she would have been banned for up to 10 years on the spot! He played the game and got caught.

key is to stay away from nutty women wherever possible.

Leave a comment:

• jimmi james
    replied
    Eh?

Well how about you back up your allegations then.

Leave a comment:

• mike lampung
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
    So someone else you don't know on a website said he used his phone while he rode his bike at 80km/hr.

And he rode drunk, allegedly.

and?
    Excuse me, not any offence at all but..

Am I talking to a person that do live in Indonesia?
    Because if I am, I cannot understand why you are asking me questions
    which have answers based on a cultural environment that it is here very clearly to
    be understood...

yes, this is crazy country, but not that crazy to deport a person out of it only because
    of tweet post, then I would be deported maybe 100 times.
    Geeez wake up....

Leave a comment:

• jimmi james
    replied
    So someone else you don't know on a website said he used his phone while he rode his bike at 80km/hr.

And he rode drunk, allegedly.

and?

Leave a comment:

• mike lampung
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
    Such as? Please, do explain.
    http://www.gofundme.com/af0n80

Post by David Thomson. Other people requested to confirm that confirmed as well..

Leave a comment:

• jimmi james
    replied
    Such as? Please, do explain.

Leave a comment:

• mike lampung
    replied
    Originally posted by indomeee View Post
    Yep.
    http://blog.theholidaze.com/2014/06/...se-of-a-tweet/

Quick summary:

* Derek Freal is the guy being deported. He has an Indonesian girlfriend and has had five VOAs, which he gets extended to sixty days.
    * He admits he doesn't really follow the regulations too closely, sometimes not buying return ticket, sometimes overstaying a few days and paying the fine
    * He tweeted 'fuck imigrasi' then deleted it five minutes later
    * He has crazy ex-girlfriend who told imigrasi this
    * Imigrasi came to find him
    * Now he is dalam penjara, still blogging in prison, and deported from Indonesia.

It appears maybe he was overstaying at the time they deported him also (and maybe by a few weeks even).

File it under 'dumb bule', though it's good publicity for his blogging business I guess.

There is much more about this guys actions to Indonesia even to call him a notorious lier. Which he is...

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    Originally posted by Tudor View Post
    More to the point, why did he actually 'tweet' what he did? I had a look at his blog and can't see any reason for his being annoyed with immigration. If anything, he's had a pretty good run of things with continuous unquestioned VOA extensions as well as regular overstays. I'm a bit puzzled as to exactly what his grievance was.
    A guy who seemed to view himself as not subject to the rules in place for mere mortals to the point of making a public display of arrogance at some perceived slight or affront... I cannot imagine why he was a candidate for deportation when it is clear he had so completely adopted elements of the local culture.

Leave a comment:

• lantern
    replied
    Would a person get deported from a rules driven country for simply tweeting that the immigration officers were dick heads - I don't think so. It's also unclear to me whether he broke any laws if he was actually issued with the VOAs and the extensions legally and also if the payment of the fines was above board. On the other hand of course it's foolish to push your luck especially after breaking up with a vindictive girlfriend.

Edit: apparently she wasn't a girlfriend but somebody he didn't/wouldn't sleep with. I know of a similar psycho in Jakarta who stalked a guy and threatened him for the same reason and she was actually married to another bule!
    Last edited by lantern; 13-06-14, 00:31.

Leave a comment:

• Tudor
    replied
    More to the point, why did he actually 'tweet' what he did? I had a look at his blog and can't see any reason for his being annoyed with immigration. If anything, he's had a pretty good run of things with continuous unquestioned VOA extensions as well as regular overstays. I'm a bit puzzled as to exactly what his grievance was.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X