Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brodee View Post
    Maybe John Lennon,another Prophet died for our sins..Give Peace a Chance

just a mention of his name & the masses are silent..... or maybe they're out burning their MP3's?......
    Last edited by macvert; 05-06-14, 19:17.
    The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by indobased View Post
      My mother can't recognize "her Indonesia" anymore. It makes her sad. When she moved from Indonesia to Europe in the late 1960's she left a far more open minded and tolerant country behind than it is today. As a muslim girl it was not uncommon to have your parents send you to a catholic school if they thought that is where she would get a better education. She has many beautiful memories of those days.
      If it makes you feel any better, that still happens in Bukittinggi and Pekanbaru.

When I was assigned to teach in Yogya by my university some eight years ago, they impressed upon me the idea that Yogya is the center of civility, tolerance and stability in Indonesia. Since then, many terrorist groups have moved their command centers to Yogya and Solo area. It definitely grieves me to see this take place. All is not lost though, Yogya is the only area in Indonesia where the Governor (Sultan) publicly stated Ahmadis are welcome to settle and values of tolerance are to be respected.
      Take my advice, I don't need it.

Comment

Sounds like the summary of the thread is religious idiots attacking/abusing other religious idiots who wear a different hat?

Comment

No, the summary is about minority rights being under violent attack in what is considered one of the most tolerant places in Indonesia and a barometer for the entire nation.
          Take my advice, I don't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by brodee View Post
            Maybe John Lennon,another Prophet died for our sins..Give Peace a Chance
            My favorite parable; Happiness is a warm gun.
            Some of the chapters of my life are pretty boring but some of the pages are fascinating.

Comment

Working...
            X