Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treasure Chest Found in Banda Aceh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Treasure Chest Found in Banda Aceh

    I was just reading a story published yesterday in The World Post. The title of the story is: Treasure Chest Discovered by Indonesian Oyster Gatherer. When the chest was opened by the woman who found it, it was full of gold coins. It has started a gold rush in the village where it was found. Dan may have joined the gold rush too. Finding the treasure is something positive that the tsunami brought.
    Kitab Zabur @ https://www.facebook.com/Kitab-Zabur-891579940928940/

  • #2
    I'm in New Orleans, bub.

    I'd rather make my earnings the old fashioned way.

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought you were living in Banda Aceh? Are you in New Orleans permanently?
      Kitab Zabur @ https://www.facebook.com/Kitab-Zabur-891579940928940/

      Comment


      • #4
        Curses on these itchy-footed expats! You just can't get them to settle permanently in one place. (Said by the poster whose son's yahoo email address ends in the totally inaccurate "fromEgypt").

        Comment


        • #5
          She will probably cash in and move to an apartment in Jakarta

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
            Curses on these itchy-footed expats! You just can't get them to settle permanently in one place. (Said by the poster whose son's yahoo email address ends in the totally inaccurate "fromEgypt").
            In regards to Dan: He may just be on holiday in the States. Dan? Any comment?
            Kitab Zabur @ https://www.facebook.com/Kitab-Zabur-891579940928940/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
              She will probably cash in and move to an apartment in Jakarta
              Doesn't it belong to her father or husband?
              Some of the chapters of my life are pretty boring but some of the pages are fascinating.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hong Xiuquan View Post
                In regards to Dan: He may just be on holiday in the States. Dan? Any comment?
                Dan has moved back to the US. It would be easy to miss that, if you simply hadn't read his posts to that effect. The fact that he lists his location as "New Orleans" under his join date is probably a pretty good clue to his whereabouts. His heart is probably still in Aceh, though

                Comment


                • #9
                  If possible, I guess Dan may consider a change of his username into Dan in New Orleans

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Interloper View Post
                    Doesn't it belong to her father or husband?
                    Not if she is Muslim. Money the wife aquires is her own, Money the husband aquires must be used to support her. There are many protections to the wealfare of women in Islam.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by whatever View Post
                      If possible, I guess Dan may consider a change of his username into Dan in New Orleans
                      D. I. N. O! I like it!
                      Things happen for a reason...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                        D. I. N. O! I like it!
                        I can live with that change. D.I.N.O has a nice ring to it.

                        For the curious parties (my goodness, I had no idea people were so interested in my whereabouts!), yes I am living in New Orleans. It's my hometown, and I returned to be a good son. We'll move back to southeast Asia in some years, I reckon, depending on when my folks bite the dust.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
                          I can live with that change. D.I.N.O has a nice ring to it.

                          For the curious parties (my goodness, I had no idea people were so interested in my whereabouts!), ...
                          Because you are sooo Aceh Dan (Aceh banget!). Your username tells us where you live and your posts add to it.
                          When I see DanInAceh I think of a Acehnese soldier or something like that.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by whatever View Post
                            Because you are sooo Aceh Dan (Aceh banget!). Your username tells us where you live and your posts add to it.
                            When I see DanInAceh I think of a Acehnese soldier or something like that.
                            I'll shatter that illusion in a moment. I fall on the opposite end of the color spectrum from an Acehnese guerrilla. :P

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, when I first saw you I thought of a fair skinned man, with neat and dark hair, not old, charismatic and wise wearing casual outfits. But when I saw more of your posts, your casual outfits changed into baju Aceh, Dan. I mean it. I imagine that person wearing iket kepala too and standing up firm in the middle of chaos village. I know I know, it's just my imagination.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X