Aceh rape victim to be caned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aceh rape victim to be caned

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica]Banda Aceh. A woman in Aceh who was gang raped last week after being accused of having extramarital sex now faces the indignity of a public caning for the original offense.[/FONT][/COLOR]

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/...icial-insists/

Crazy and sad....and its meant to be 2014.

Comment

Sick!
      Cicak Magnet

Comment

A bunch of insecure men who acquired power though barbaric policies in order to enslave women and control other men.
        [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Oh my gosh,
          poor girl
          [FONT=tahoma]be strong.. I whispered to my wi-fi signal[/FONT]

Comment

Welcome to the 9th century.
            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

This is disgusting beyond belief. WHY IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED??! Where is the sense of justice when Shariah law clearly has failed the poor woman?

Comment

that's bad but the news linked in there is even worse. http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/archi...ceh-rape-case/ Raped because a girl riding a motorcycle with her boyfriend
                Spider pig spider pig, does whatever a spider pig can

Comment

That's Sharia for you, and I believe cases like this are more common than reported. "Oh she committed adultery? Rape is the appropriate punishment!" and so on.

FYI I live there as a non-Muslim.

Comment

Oh God, it's unbelievable. May they all be forgiven, for they don't know what they're doing.

Comment

So much for semi autonomy.

I wonder what Daninaceh has to say about this.

Comment

Originally posted by mick mentawai View Post
                        [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica]Banda Aceh. A woman in Aceh who was gang raped last week after being accused of having extramarital sex now faces the indignity of a public caning for the original offense.[/FONT][/COLOR]

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/...icial-insists/
                        She was found guilty of zina and lashed in accordance with the shari'a. If you are a criminal and you commit a crime, yet another crime has been committed against you does that absolve you of the original crime?

In almost every case in Western judiciary systems, absolutely not. You do the crime, you do the time (or the lashing, in this case).

It is quite awful that she was gangraped (I will need some further verification on this). Her attackers should be execute in accordance with the shari'a, as the RAPIST is afforded nothing less than a death penalty. The article lies a bit here:

"Under the partial Shariah exercised in Aceh, the woman and her companion face up to nine strokes of the cane each. The rapists would have faced the same number of lashes had they been dragged through the Shariah process."

Partial shari'a, because under the shari'a she would receive 40 lashes along with the man she committed zina with. The rapists would have been beheaded. That is the ruling of the shari'a.

Also from the article: "They are accused of gang raping the woman after barging into her house late last Wednesday and accusing her of having improper sexual relations with the man."

We also don't know if they are guilty of gangraping this woman. They are accused of it. Apparently, due process goes out the window when we discuss Aceh. Where's the pitchfork?

Comment

Originally posted by bow chicka wow wow View Post
                          This is disgusting beyond belief. WHY IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED??! Where is the sense of justice when Shariah law clearly has failed the poor woman?
                          Why is what allowed, acts of rape? Society doesn't allow it. We punish rapists. We cut off their heads.

What's your solution? Incarceration?

Comment

Originally posted by mrmojorisin View Post
                            That's Sharia for you, and I believe cases like this are more common than reported. "Oh she committed adultery? Rape is the appropriate punishment!" and so on.

FYI I live there as a non-Muslim.
                            Rape is more common than reported everywhere in the world. It is difficult to ascertain how widespread it is.

Corrective rape, as you mention, is a possibility. It happens in developing countries absent Islam as well, particularly in southern Africa. We need not the specter of Islam to see evidence of corrective rape in the world.

Congratulations on living there as a non-Muslim. You've "made it," apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
                              A bunch of insecure men who acquired power though barbaric policies in order to enslave women and control other men.
                              I love this quote. This one was my favorite of the bunch, because it encapsulates everything that is wrong with the non-Muslim view of shari'a and Islam. It demonstrates precisely the bullshit I speak of regularly: that our sharia (and thus Islam as you cannot have one without the other) is barbaric ("policies"), pathological and ... most importantly, is bad for women.

Well, I appreciate the honesty.

Comment

Working...
                              X