Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atheists please stay away from this country!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atheists please stay away from this country!

Dear my atheist friends,

Please don't set foot in this land, unless you are happy to say goodbye to old bintang.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1743233
    Last edited by ponyexpress; 23-04-14, 13:49.

Atheists get annoyed with religious people even when the Atheists are in the majority in certain Western countries...so it must be really hard for Atheists in Indonesia....they must get really disturbed with so much religion everywhere.......believing they have the truth and not having the right to officially state their true beliefs (this could be taken to be a sarcastic comment but it's not. Please take it as a true 'I'm putting myself in your shoes' comment. Most people in Indonesia are allowed to state their 'real' beliefs but Atheists are denied this basic right.
    Kitab Zabur @ https://www.facebook.com/Kitab-Zabur-891579940928940/

Comment

Originally posted by Hong Xiuquan View Post
      Most people in Indonesia are allowed to state their 'real' beliefs but Atheists are denied this basic right.
      So are people who have to pretend to be a different religion just to get married

Comment

Originally posted by Hong Xiuquan View Post
        Atheists get annoyed with religious people .they must get really disturbed with so much religion everywhere.......believing they have the truth and not having the right to officially state their true beliefs
        Blanket statements like that are rarely a good idea, even if well meaning. I am not disturbed in the least by religion, and (as I've stated in past threads) married into a very religious family.

I'm sure there are atheists who feel differently from me, but not all atheists have identical beliefs and attitudes - any more than all religious people do.

Comment

From the article: "A growing number of Saudis have reportedly been traveling to other parts of the Middle East, like Syria, to participate in demonstrations. According to the Independent, they’re coming back to their home country with new ideas about dethroning the monarchy—a prospect that is unsettling to the 89-year-old Abdullah, who is considered one of the world's richest royals."
          [COLOR=#000000]
          This little nugget showcases what is actually going on rather than it being a swipe directed solely at atheists. Most of those returning are not returning with ideas about atheism, but rather with a stronger belief in the very religion the king claims to uphold.

Monarchy is a mixed bag for Muslims. There is evidence that it is acceptable, but it is not preferred. Instead, the preferred system of governance is the khalifa, the successors. It is a position chosen by "consensus," and that leaves no room for fabulously wealthy kings with wives in excess of four. He is nervous about these "demonstrators," (read: mujahideen) because they share the same aspiration on this issue as al-Qaeda and its various franchises.

Yet he has a strange dance of politics he must play being that he is in control of the Two Holy Places. His state is the largest source of daw'ah on the planet, and the Saudis are relatively conservative in their juristic tradition. He is obligated to teach the very ideology that advocates for his removal, if he doesn't do that he risks being dethroned immediately.

So with that in mind, consider the general politics of the region when looking at this ban on atheism. It has far less to do with atheism than it does with a desperate attempt to keep a lid on the growing resurgence of Muslims who are seeking to overthrow autocrats.

[/COLOR]

Comment

1908278_642165769191245_1853394391_n.jpg

Comment

I have heard "the monarchy is shaky and will collapse soon" for more than 10 years from people acquainted with Saudi Arabia (including some who were then working there). There is definitely a tricky balancing act between the Wahabis who put the Saud family on the throne and the tendencies of royals to indulge themselves, as Dan states very clearly. But don't hold your breath expecting change.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                [ATTACH]17091[/ATTACH]
                Wowzers! Great pic

Comment

They're using the term athiest wrong aren't they. It seems to be aimed at anyone but Muslims more than atheists per se. Or do I read it wrong?
                  Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Im sure there are a lot of atheists here or at least agnostic. Its just we are forced to choose one of the 5 or 6 religions since we were born here. And they even limit the choices to only 5 or 6 lol. So many ppl say that their religion is a or b is just because its a must, for the id card, entering school, entering work etc
                    Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

BTW, religion is another one of those "autonomy" issues that didn't quite pan out as liberal as NGOs expected it to. Where we are, the form and computer program for the KK only allows FIVE religions and you canNOT choose "lain-lain" or "personal belief" as was true in some past years. It's a decision of the Bupati or Mr. Camat, at least in this part of Java.

Comment

It happens everywhere in indonesia, you are free to choose a religion, but limited to 5 options lol. Such a joke
                        Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
                          It happens everywhere in indonesia, you are free to choose a religion, but limited to 5 options lol. Such a joke
                          what if I told you beside the 6 religions there are numerous other beliefs that are worshiped in Indonesia...
                          Spider pig spider pig, does whatever a spider pig can

Comment

Originally posted by Yingyang View Post
                            what if I told you beside the 6 religions there are numerous other beliefs that are worshiped in Indonesia...
                            you would confirm the point. People wanting to do support another religion or none, have to do it in secret and declare a lie to the authorities

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
                              Im sure there are a lot of atheists here or at least agnostic. Its just we are forced to choose one of the 5 or 6 religions since we were born here. And they even limit the choices to only 5 or 6 lol. So many ppl say that their religion is a or b is just because its a must, for the id card, entering school, entering work etc
                              Hence the term Muslim/Islam KTP and MBM (muslim by marriage)

Comment

Working...
                              X