Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abortion Statistics Suprise - USA and Indonesia Compared.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
    Dafluff, I think nobicycle believe sex education is a course where you learn about how do sex, what are the different position and how to arouse a woman who is not (still) your wife...

(For people who don't understand about sarcasm, I believe nobicycle have no idea of the contain and purpose of a sexual education)

At aged 5 I remember seeing dogs copulating in the street. Later, cows and horses. The second function of genitalia was obvious. The consequences of this function ... offspring ... was also obvious from the ensuing pregnancy.
    At age 7 I watched older boys and my elder brother engage in sexual stimulation of a girl in a public lane.
    I checked out the public library for material on sex, there was plenty.
    Aslo at 7, my friend and I were approached by a paedophile in a park who asked us if we liked to watch cowboy films that would be shown in a shed in a field across the river at 8pm. Later, alone, I was asked by the guy if I liked to play with mens pricks. To bluff my way out I pretended not to hear the last word and asked for clarification, pretending I was confused: "Did I like to play with mens bricks?" I ran to the police station and in a car the police pusued the pervert through the town. At age 11, a biology teacher masturbated a rabit in biology class and covered the subject of contraception in 5 minutes. There were no questions. Though it did prompt my classmates to quiz a boy who was banging his sister.

If dumbing down has reached the stage whereby young people do not know what their genitals are for then I would agree some education on contraception is necessary, however, as already pointed out (see link), the two-term US Secretary for Education disagrees that the "sex education" as practised in the US reduces teenage pregnancy, she proves that it exacerbates the situation in a very large and extremely well documented book.

So, PhilippeD, tell us what your Sex Education curriculum is? It was brief but adequate in my day. Just what content justifies the weighty word "Education"?

Given the slaughter of so many women, it would seem some change in policy, education, repression (of clinics) or liberalisation, should be tried in Indonesia. Liberalisation seems to be out of the question given the religious view in the country.

Comment

my opinion is all about education, if you explain what can happen when fooling around at a young age, how it can destroys your life and future, it think education is nbr 1, also here the doctors and other medical personal is always promoting to take birthcontrol AFter the first child, a bit too late but anyway, it is explained, but it should start at a very early age, but then again in this country it is a sensitive subject since women are not treated the way they should in our countries, again a difficult subject to mangle with... time will show and learn.

Comment

I think you will find that most abortions (backyard abortions) happening in Indonesia would possibly not be just young people but rather married couples, the use of contraception among married couples would be much lower compared to the west due to cost, education,religious beliefs, social stigmas and also that these things aren't talked about publicly as much in indonesia as in the west, add to the fact that unlike in the west where most people all there life have had a doctor they regularly see, outside of the city areas (although possibly there too) the common indonesian person more often than not only sees a doctor when there really sick and doesn't have a regular doctor as such.

And the reason why couples would be having abortions is that unlike in the past where Indonesian couples may have had children in the view of bringing in money, now they are costing money.

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
          If the reason for not allowing abortion is right to life, then it doesn't make sense to make an exception for rape since the product of rape still is an innocent child. Put another way, if you equate abortion with murder, then why would you allow murdering one child but not another when that child has done nothing wrong.

I'm not advocating the above position, just pointing out that it is logical.
          Your first paragraph is the reason why a friend of mine is against abortion, abortion = murder. Murderers are being trialed and jailed - some even are sentenced to death, so why the mothers who choose to abort their babies get away scott free, even demanding a law to protect them. Does the unborn baby's life is lesser than that of an adult or a child? That was my friend's concern and question.

Comment

This is suprising.
            A few weeks ago my missus was watching tv here in Perth and there was a show on about the abortion pill and how it has now been added to the list of government subsidised pharmaceuticals. It went on to explain that the pill can only be prescribed by certain doctors in certain cercumstances.

My missus went crazy and pretty much bagged all of werstern sociaty. She went on facebook and complained there and all her friend were up in arms.

I must show her this thread. Or perhaps place a link to it in the comment section of her facebook thing.

Comment

Your missus complained about the pill being available or about it being prescribed by certain doctors and in certain circumstances?
              "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

Originally posted by redsnapr View Post
                Your missus complained about the pill being available or about it being prescribed by certain doctors and in certain circumstances?
                About it being available red.

Comment

So I guess she's fine with all the teenage girls' pregnancies and orphanages full of unwanted babies, as well as the many women dying after having illegal abortions performed in anti hygienic conditions by untrained persons...
                  "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

My complaint would be about unnecessary, moralistic restrictions, as well as adding fuel to some doctors' "god" complexes.
                    Last edited by waarmstrong; 11-07-13, 09:16.

Comment

Originally posted by redsnapr View Post
                      So I guess she's fine with all the teenage girls' pregnancies and orphanages full of unwanted babies, as well as the many women dying after having illegal abortions performed in anti hygienic conditions by untrained persons...
                      I certainly didn't say she was correct in her thinking, I believe her attitude comes down to both ignorance and a failing to think with an open mind due to religious teachings.

I did my best to explain to her that people are not willy nilly going around getting pregnant and then taking this pill, I asked her what she would do if she fell pregnant to rape, or if she knew the fetus was somehow compromised and so on. But like a catholic there is no explaining to people who hold a deep set belief.

Suprisingly, as part of zakat we have the kids from our local orphange at our house monthly for eating and gift giving and praying. My missus knows that most of the kids have been abandoned due to teen pregnancy and family disowning the teen and child. She knows that babies get left in hospitals as the mother flees, that kids are unwanted and seen as a blight to a good families name. She knows most of the kids that come to our house are only orphan by name not by definition.

Comment

[SIZE=2][FONT=arial][SIZE=3]We all have had the same type of discussion at one time or another. This is an issue that cannot be taken lightly and that requires an ethical and moral approach. Religion, sadly, fails in this purpose many times.

In a related note, today in the US the[/SIZE]
                        [COLOR=#000000] "Texas House of Representatives approved a measure Wednesday that would place broad new restrictions on abortions in the state.
                        [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]
                        The legislation would ban abortions past 20 weeks of gestation, require abortion clinics to become ambulatory surgical centers, tighten usage guidelines for the drug RU486 and require doctors who perform abortions to have admitting privileges at a hospital within 30 miles of the clinic at which they're providing abortion services."[/COLOR]
                        [/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by nobicycle View Post
                          Indonesia has 49% more abortions than the United States per 1000 women of child bearing age.
                          This is despite Indonesia being generally considered as more traditional, conservative and religious than the United States.
                          just one of the greatest indonesia. despite of et cetera, et cetera.... and luckily they are proud to be the biggest moeslem country in the world... da ya think the hardliners are excluding on those count?
                          [COLOR=#0000cd]"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve" [/COLOR]

Comment

If women are ready to about their pregnancy then everyone should accept their decision. Its their body and their decision. Most of women abort their pregnancy at home with abortion pills which consists of Mifepristone and Misoprostol.

Comment

For unplanned pregnancy termination buy online Abortion Pills. This home abortion pill is aided for easy and safe abortion method without any side effect or clinical observation.
                              Buy Abortion pill called Mifegest Kit, which includes mifepristone and misoprostol online to terminate unwanted pregnancy from leading drug store.

Comment

For easy and safe abortion without any side effect at home by self buy Abortion Pills online. This pregnancy termination pill also helps to maintain privacy about pregnancy and abortion.
                                Buy MTP Kit (Mifepristone & Misoprostol kit) for early pregnancy termination; also available with Mifeprex kit, Mifegest kit, Abortion kit & Abortion pill brands.

Comment

Working...
                                X