Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prabowo for president, what's your take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And anyways what am I doing in expatriates forum xD
    Aloft! Me hearties! Harharhar!

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterRice View Post
      And of all, its quite astonishing for me as well to know that theres expatriates who are care about this stuff. Especially Suharto and Sukarno, pre-reformation Indonesian national history.
      Some have us have been here for decades, of course we know about this stuff.

Comment

And anyways what am I doing in expatriates forum xD
        You're adding you're own contribution and sharing your valuable opinions and for that we welcome you here.

Comment

• http://electionwatch.edu.au/indonesi...ent-sees-world

Interesting analysis from Uni of Melb

Comment

• #salam 2 jari

Comment

• Wow!! Even Sting and Jason Mraz? Cool!
              [FONT=comic sans ms]Please excuse my poor English. [/FONT]

Comment

• http://www.allannairn.org/2014/07/br...al-forces.html
                Nairn's part 2 with incredible revelations about Prabowo essentially being an agent of the US.

Biggest WTF is how this guy wrapping himself in the flag of patriotism actually helped the US *plan a potential invasion of Indonesia* (one of countless paranoid contingencies that my native country studies, such as "what if they closed the straits of Malacca?" or "what if terrorists blew up a nuclear bomb there?" or other "grounds" for invading to "clean up" the archipelago).

Comment

• Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                  Some have us have been here for decades, of course we know about this stuff.
                  Still quite astonishing, I took an observation on some of my chinese friends as they're part of former expatriate family, most of them doesn't take any Interest in politics or history, same goes with me. Although I know bit due my public school education.

Originally posted by scooterIndo
                  You're adding you're own contribution and sharing your valuable opinions and for that we welcome you here.
                  thanks, so sweet of you :3

Comment

• Originally posted by thediamond View Post
                    #salam 2 jari

Lies! XD

Comment

Lies! XD
                      It's for fun. Also showed how the Indonesians can be easily fooled by media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                        It's for fun. Also showed how the Indonesians can be easily fooled by media.
                        Fooled by media? That's outrageous for a country that has the highest number of Twitter and Facebook users in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by martindo View Post
                          http://www.allannairn.org/2014/07/br...al-forces.html
                          Nairn's part 2 with incredible revelations about Prabowo essentially being an agent of the US.

Biggest WTF is how this guy wrapping himself in the flag of patriotism actually helped the US *plan a potential invasion of Indonesia* (one of countless paranoid contingencies that my native country studies, such as "what if they closed the straits of Malacca?" or "what if terrorists blew up a nuclear bomb there?" or other "grounds" for invading to "clean up" the archipelago).
                          Apparently a spokesman for Prabowo has said Prabowo categorically denies that the conversation or "off the record" interview with AN ever took place (Metro TV). I don't believe that, but it is certainly the "smart lie" to tell at the present time.
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

• i dont think prabowo is the most populer between two.. but jokowi is.. i'm indonesian, and most of my friends choose jokowi.. but sadly i dont involve to the election today..

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
                              Apparently a spokesman for Prabowo has said Prabowo categorically denies that the conversation or "off the record" interview with AN ever took place (Metro TV). I don't believe that, but it is certainly the "smart lie" to tell at the present time.
                              Nairn offers no proof, so it's a reasonable deniable, unlike an interview that may have been broadcast.

However, Nairn has a good reputation as a gadfly vis-a-vis the Indonesian military and appears to have some evidence for his claims, because he talked to other people besides P and also did research.

I still think Nairn's *urgency* is odd, considering that he could have made these "stunning revelations" 5 years ago when P ran for VP.

Also, journalists who reveal a source without permission are unlikely to be trusted by interviewees in the future. So, Nairn is risking his reputation about protecting confidentiality, if not actually betraying P's confidence (of course, if there never was an interview, there was no privacy to be betrayed).

Comment

• Originally posted by bara aji View Post
                                i dont think prabowo is the most populer between two.. but jokowi is.. i'm indonesian, and most of my friends choose jokowi.. but sadly i dont involve to the election today..
                                You Silly, the electon will be held on 9th July.

Comment

Working...
                                X