Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prabowo for president, what's your take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
    I guess your research is too "brief", Sofyan Wanandi denied saying that, here's the link... http://gresnews.com/berita/politik/9...a#.UCSp-XmVNCE
    Hmm, isn't this GRES news just an online paper of Gerindra? That's the last source I would trust on that.

Anyway, driving to Pluit for baby back ribs, I couldn't help wondering if these mega developments and golf courses wouldn't be a possible future mob target. The Chinese don't seem to think so. (Although, the security is rather impressive.) Ooms and tantes are even returning from Oz and Manado.
    Last edited by jstar; 10-09-12, 12:31.
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

Apologies for not chiming in my own thread but I read it all and am very interested in all your replies. Please rest assured that I didn't shoot this topic off to create some kind of stir.

Now please carry on ^^

Comment

I read some of these blogs and want to PUKE !!!!!! If you ever have the chance to read and research about Probowo, you should refer to the books written by Richard Mann. These people should be held to account for the Military's actions in Papua and the extreme measures taken against the Kanackers.

The use of Military equipment and in particular the Red Cross as a charade to appease the Military is not only an extreme violation of human rights but strictly in total disregard of the Geneva Convention, not to mention human rights violations, compassion and tollerance of others.

Do you really think that people with these pedigrees are suitable for Political representation ??

Comment

I think most Indonesians are in ignorance or in denial of what these "wars" have been all about, and have has been done in the name of "national unity" and the fabled harga mati. They simply refuse to countenance that some people simply do not feel or want to be Indonesian. Just a couple of weeks ago, a senior member of TNI said something to the effect that they will track down the trouble-makers in Papua, but that no one should complain about human rights.

Comment

I say Dalan Iskan for President
            [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jim69 View Post
              I say Dalan Iskan for President
              I would guess, that it is Dahlan’s idea for the next President election if its not the nearest one. He is everyday in Jawa Pos, doing this and that. His life is been portrayed like this and that. Yes, he is the CEO of the newspaper, or something like that in there that makes it surely no problem to have his ideas and achievement being aired, but the not so low profile ‘self campaign’ is too much, imo.
              Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Alia, you should meet him. The reason I like him is because, from what I hear, he is from a fairly low background. He is very down to earth.

I heard a story that recently he went to Solo, they booked a top hotel for him, but he never checked in, nobody seemed to know where he was. It turned out he knew someone there, and was sleeping on their floor and eating in the local warung.

To me, as an outsider, this is maybe what Indonesia needs at the moment. Someone who really understands the people.

I may be wrong, and am more than willing to stand corrected, just when I met him, he impressed me. Came to a big dinner in a 5 * hotel, just in white shirt, black trousers, and training shoes.
                [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Jakarta's election was vital for 2014 Presidential criteria....

If the lowest expectation standards of leader are set into minimum like Mr Joko Widodo, only few people would fit in the equations such as Dahlan and Mr Jusuf Kalla
                  I personally would vote for Prabowo, or if possible, President Ahok....
                  "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

This guy is breathing our valuable oxygen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heaven forbid that ever happening.

Comment

Originally posted by bayview249 View Post
                      This guy is breathing our valuable oxygen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heaven forbid that ever happening.
                      Who? Which guy?

Comment

Came to a big dinner in a 5 * hotel, just in white shirt, black trousers, and training shoes.
                        Bob Sadino (owner of Kem Chicks & Kem Foods) goes anywhere in short pants....even to meet the President in the State Palace. Guess nobody can beat that !
                        Last edited by sul1995; 25-09-12, 10:49.

Comment

Alia, you should meet him. The reason I like him is because, from what I hear, he is from a fairly low background. He is very down to earth.
                          I’ve met him several times. My family knows him and vice versa. We had business together of Haji and Umroh Travel Biro here in Surabaya for years. And lets just say at the end he didn’t fulfill what he supposedly had to fill. My husband also befriended with Azrul, his son. We came to their wedding in Shangri-La several years back.

Anyway, Dahlan might be a good and down to earth person and what I feel about him is purely came as a resident of Surabaya who feels enough of his ‘spotlight’ in the newspaper. The story you told about his trip to Solo ? Yes, certainly we read that as well.

Maybe he is what we need, and maybe one day he makes his way to RI-1 and everything we read and hear now is on par with his plan, and this smooth self campaign is needed to be done as early as it can. In that case, I hope he really can be the one who'll make a good change to the country.
                          Last edited by Alia; 25-09-12, 15:48.
                          Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

I think the only think that can be confidently said of someone who, by choice, sleeps on the floor is that he prefers his mattress firm or that he's out to score some cheap populist points. To extrapolate that to performance in office is to engage in populist fantasies.

Comment

First thing to remembers is, never trust so called "poll" it is a general knowledge that these polls could be made based on order, look at the poll that they created in jakarta before election saying Foke still have the majority, basically all the polls could not provide a sufficient support, like how do they get the samples, who are the respondent etc (pardon my tems, statistics is not really my forte)

Second of all, I don't think prabowo could win, some people (including me and everyone in my twitter timeline it seems) refuse to forgot his crime against humanity, Menolaklupa is an active campaign which has been going for a few years to remind people of his crime, munir murder and other unsolved tragedy. he was never prosecuted, I don't think Indonesia wants that kind of President. He is smart though, he already starts his campaign a few years back by appearing often to campaign for agriculture

If I have to choose my future president, I would answer no clue, I couldn't find what Fredric Forsyth describe as an Icon. But you need to realize Indonesia is a rather dramatic country, the curren was choosen because of his conflict with the former which pulls a lot of sympathy, history might repeat itself and Sri Mulyani or other opposition might move forward and take the throne.

I think Mega will be running again, Aburizal Bakrie has put forward all of his effort to become next president, Democrats are considering to support the current first lady or her son I think, some minor Party wants Sri Mulyani (which is I think my fav candidate by far) and Dahlan Iskan also a favorite, this might be an interesting race

All the candidates has their faults, some just not show is as much as the others, just saying
                              Last edited by bumilautlangitku; 25-09-12, 20:00. Reason: typo
                              I might not like my government, but I love my country

Comment

Recently, more & more revelations exonerate Prabowo from the May 1998 riots and even the kidnappings. On the other hand, accusations against him remain the same unproven “old story”. I admire Prabowo for being patriotic, and taking the blame for the actions of his men. It was clear he did not order the kidnappings (or the arrest & detention of activists), but took responsibility which caused his dismissal from military service. Btw, good news for Christians, Prabowo had promised to “unseal” GKI Yasmin, if he becomes President (of course).

Comment

Working...
                                X