Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prabowo for president, what's your take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyonyahbesar View Post
    By the way, FPI and their kind have no choice but to accept Ahok as the new governor. Their tears brings joy to my life.. mwahhahahaaha.
    Totally agree and upon news that they have got their arse kicked (like recently by local residents in central java) a little ray of sunshine comes into my cloudy life and cheers me right up. I live for those moments of simple joy.

Comment

• Nice article on role of media in recent elections

http://inside.org.au/fear-and-favour/
      dated 17 July

Comment

• Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
        Jokowi and Ahok were elected by Jakartan for their position as Gov and deputy.
        According UU, Ahok will automaticaly replace Jokowi in case of resignation
        so, they have to change Undang2 first, if PDIP want Boy sadikin to replace Jokowi.
        i wasnt referring him as a governor tho, but more as a party member at governor office... eh btw now you said it, i wondered about something, since jokowi never resign as a governor, and if he is elected as President, what if PDIP replace his position with someone else before he is elected officially? can it be done?...btw is there any chance you can share a link regarding the UU? I'm beginning to wondered about the substance and on which it may apply...
        10 step to eternity...

Comment

• Originally posted by SomeoneHere View Post
          i wasnt referring him as a governor tho, but more as a party member at governor office... eh btw now you said it, i wondered about something, since jokowi never resign as a governor, and if he is elected as President, what if PDIP replace his position with someone else before he is elected officially? can it be done?...btw is there any chance you can share a link regarding the UU? I'm beginning to wondered about the substance and on which it may apply...
          not possible.
          check here http://www.sjdih.depkeu.go.id/fullTe...AHUN2008UU.htm the UU no. 12 - 2008, pasal 26 (3).

same with the president - I don't want to vote Jokowi and get Puan.

Comment

• Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
            not possible.
            check here http://www.sjdih.depkeu.go.id/fullTe...AHUN2008UU.htm the UU no. 12 - 2008, pasal 26 (3).

same with the president - I don't want to vote Jokowi and get Puan.

Thankyou... it's a great link...
            10 step to eternity...

Comment

• So prabowo's bro is making a church thingy to celebrate prabowo's win and claimed that they lead with 1.6%. First I find the church thingy is weird. Second, claimed to win? Are ppl stupid or nuts?
              Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
                So prabowo's bro is making a church thingy to celebrate prabowo's win and claimed that they lead with 1.6%. First I find the church thingy is weird. Second, claimed to win? Are ppl stupid or nuts?
                well if i'm not mistaken, all of Prabowo brother and sister do have a certain affiliation to some "New-Born" Christian Church, well its nothing big, since its probably the only church that support him, the only funny thing going on is probably the fact that 2 leader from PKS already went together with Prabowo to atleast 2 Church (Election) Ceremony, its funny when you compare this to Tifatul Sembiring (Member of PKS Syuro Board) twitters controversy. Regarding of claiming victory its very much possible since they obviously reject various result at DA1 vote counting, so while holding the data that they feel is the real truth they claim victory...
                10 step to eternity...

Comment

• Originally posted by johntap View Post
                  Nice article on role of media in recent elections

http://inside.org.au/fear-and-favour/
                  dated 17 July
                  Great summary of who owns which media outlet, their market share, and their bias in recent elections.

Comment

• Going back to the thread title, it would probably be useful for P's American campaign managers (yes, he has at least two working for him -- this was well known among my Jakarta expat friends since 2009 or earlier) to do a post-mortem and reflect on their failures.

It seems that his only defense against numerous real and imagined accusations of human rights abuses was bluster. The fact that he ran in 2009 as VP (after trying for the top spot) suggests that they had at least 5 years to prepare for this...and what? They just support bluster and bravado as the traits to express to the public? Not even a baby step in the direction of some humanitarian or other activity that P could have gotten involved in during the past 5 or 6 years to soften his image, expand his known character traits?

It sounds like he chose incompetent advisers who recommended a kind of "preaching to the converted" campaign, without recognizing how many swing votes might have gone his way if their fears of his past had been assuaged even in the slightest way.

Comment

• I don't think Prabowo's HAM issue and how he (not) handling it is what caused him this election. That is never really an issue for most of Indonesian, sadly..
                      It was he and his team overreacting campaign tactics. From Fadli Zon's stupid poems and manifesto, over selling 'tegas' and 'intelligence', to his poor choice of running mate, and blatant shameless whoring to Bakrie, and Obor Rakyat and Soehartoism. How can you win like that?
                      While Jokowi do it right. Surround himself with classy (Anis Baswedan), popular (Dahlan Iskan, Slank) persons.
                      Indonesia is perplexing. Deal with it!

Comment

• Originally posted by nyonyahbesar View Post
                        I don't think Prabowo's HAM issue and how he (not) handling it is what caused him this election. That is never really an issue for most of Indonesian, sadly..
                        It was he and his team overreacting campaign tactics. From Fadli Zon's stupid poems and manifesto, over selling 'tegas' and 'intelligence', to his poor choice of running mate, and blatant shameless whoring to Bakrie, and Obor Rakyat and Soehartoism. How can you win like that?
                        While Jokowi do it right. Surround himself with classy (Anis Baswedan), popular (Dahlan Iskan, Slank) persons.
                        I agree...
                        10 step to eternity...

Comment

• Politics is about marketing.....
                          "The Beauty of Indonesia is located outside Jakarta"

Comment

• And marketing is about... selling a pen in exaggeration ways
                            Dancing along the bumpy road of life. And it feels damn good!

Comment

• i voted for jokowi.., i respect JK well, i adore anies baswedan a lot, but i have doubt in dahlan iskan. .. and i hate farhat abbas tho he voted for jokowi too..
                              Originally posted by nyonyahbesar View Post
                              dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

• Oh yeah. I prefer Mahfud MD than Dahlan. It broke my heart when he went to the other side.
                                Well we can't prevent the village idiots to sided with Jokowi.
                                Farthat, Ruhut Sitompul, lol.
                                At least they make good sparring partner for other side's village odiots luke Ahmad Dhani and Fahri Hamzah, lol.
                                Indonesia is perplexing. Deal with it!

Comment

Working...
                                X