Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prabowo for president, what's your take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would ones care to check the address and name? If so, wouldn't it stir more issue?

Comment

• hi everyone...been a very longtime since the last time i ever wrote anything here...

anyway...
      @dafluff... i just read the mailbox, regarding your request do you still want me to change it? The season is over tho...
      @Puspa... Thanks for the doorprize... ... just a tiny sugestion for the next event can it be a car or some villa @ bali as the grandprize...

now for the topic i vote for jokowi, dont need to explain why cause the reason lies somewhere between page 1-17, anyway as an Indonesian TBH i'm more concern at the the new UU MD3 rather than the result in malaysia, and i have shared my concern @ detik.com. To be frank whatever happens in malaysia its not the full RC anyway so still a wait and see situation and but even if eventually Prabowo wins there its a no surprise from my side...

anyway its good to back at the forum, hopefully i can write here regularly again...
      10 step to eternity...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chotto Matte View Post
        What a coincidence, I read an article from merdeka.com http://www.merdeka.com/politik/ahmad...-ditembak.html quoting Ahmad Dhani, the guy who made a campaign song for P wearing a costume similar to Heinrich Himmler's uniform. He said, "Doktrinnya membunuh atau terbunuh, kita butuh pemimpin yang tidak punya keragu-raguan, cepat memutuskan sesuatu. Tembak atau ditembak." (Kill or be killed, shot or be shot)

Do all P's followers think like that?
        Like many Indonesian men raised during Suharto's military-centric rule, he idolizes the military because it's manly and stuff. I have a pretty strong interest in the topic as well, my knowledge of small arms and military history is probably comparable to my Indonesian history. The difference is that Ahmad Dhani is a simple wannabe, he appropriates military style and jargon to compensate for the fact that he's not in the military.

Comment

• I will do if I live in KL. It's not about more and less stirring issues.
          I'm a member of local election commitee in my country, we did check and return all blank ballots, record it, and send to KPU and keep tracking the data.
          So, to obtain solid evidence of this fraud is easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by haryadi View Post
            I have to admit with different coalition partners (excluding Bakrie Hari Tanu or FPI) ,most likely I would have voted for Prabowo . I share his nationalistic view, and no doubt Prabow has more intellectual capacity than Jokowi , and his Gerindra looks more organized than chaotic PDI-P . But this smart guy is apparently quite manipulative , his past alliance with the hardliners to challenge Moerdani is well documented , so this is an intelligence guy who is willing to make a pact with the dark side to achieve his ambtion. And this election is revealing his true face.
            Why do you say that? Because he speaks English better? Language ability is primarily a matter of practice/immersion not intelligence. Proof was pointed out to me by a Thai coworker who gave birth to a Down's syndrome boy while doing her PhD in Hawaii. He was fluent in both languages, spoke English far better than the PhDs at the Thai university, to their great embarrassment.

Whoever the next presiden will have to face a new challenge....energy starvation ...as the fifth most populous country.. Indonesia energy reserve is far than adequate to maintain long term growth...In Soeharto era, Indonesia enjoyed windfall profit whenever energy price was on the raise ,with low domestic consumption Soeharta had the luxury to export most of fossil fuel materials ..nowaday with population swelling ,depleting reserve and high domestic consumption.. it will be different ..
            Yes, and both VP candidates will make sure that globalization moves forward, regardless of which nationalist is elected Prez. Expect to see Jak Post and Globe robotically repeat all the foreign blather about having the "right" to buy Indonesia's oil at world market prices. Remember that RI gets its crude as "production splits" from contracts with major companies like Exxon. Basically, their cost is zero if you look at it from a certain perspective.

US was also a net exporter back around 1960 when maps of our resources showed production in excess of demand of various items.

Times change. I'm more worried about clean water becoming a scarce commodity. In Singapore, they started recycling urine.
            Last edited by martindo; 12-07-14, 20:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by haryadi View Post
              Perhaps I am just being paranoid here , but this will become ugly .
              I see higher possibility of chaos IF Prabowo wins. WHY? Because Jokowi’s supporters, are barking prematurely that IF Jokowi lost, it will be due to cheating. Now I understand why Kalla warned of chaos should Jokowi lose the election (Source: Post Election, What If… #32).

Comment

• Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
                I see higher possibility of chaos IF Prabowo wins. WHY? Because Jokowi’s supporters, are barking prematurely that IF Jokowi lost, it will be due to cheating. Now I understand why Kalla warned of chaos should Jokowi lose the election (Source: Post Election, What If… #32).
                What a remark! If Prabowo wins, we will have the same president for the next 25 years.. My take!

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                  What a remark! If Prabowo wins, we will have the same president for the next 25 years.. My take!
                  God no......
                  I wonder if he could make usd1 = idr 2500 again tho
                  Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

• God no......... I don't want him for the next 25 years!!! But you could be right.

Comment

• Originally posted by indonomad View Post
                      Here in Vancouver, Canada, WNi have the right to choose between going to the TPS in person or sending in the vote by mail.
                      Same here in UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                        He wouldn't live that long I think..
                        Aloft! Me hearties! Harharhar!

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
                          Pfftt I doubt he can, or anyone else can

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
                            God no......
                            Possibly. Govt is planning to cut out zeros from iDR currency. Instead of Rp. 25000, it would be Rp. 25 per 1 USD

Comment

• Lol good one
                              Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

• Originally posted by MasterRice View Post
                                He wouldn't live that long I think..
                                Ok. But long enough to put the Indonesians back to where they started. But what can I say? If he wins, that is what the people of Indonesian want. I believe whatever the result, in this election we have done and play the game of democracy fairly.

Comment

Working...
                                X