Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prabowo for president, what's your take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chotto Matte View Post
    Have you watched this BBC interview? 'Man of the people is an act' says Subianto about Widodo - Indonesia elections - BBC News http://youtu.be/NvJ25vwt9lo
    Yup, followed a link from Facebook. Interesting that he called Jokowi's image a "product of PR" when he's the one who hired a professional PR guy, who by the way has pulled the same stunt during Mexican elections. (http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newman...wos-game-plan/)

Did anyone else find Prabowo's response to the last question in the BBC interview funny?

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
      Voting result from Malaysia : from the drop box (TPS) 4099 votes for Prabowo, 4816 votes for Jokowi. Jokowi is leading with reasonable count.
      The votes via post just has been counted and the result :
      39,671 for Prabowo and only 3,709 votes for Jokowi...

I am speechless!
      What is the source of this information? I just wanna check it before I share it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chotto Matte View Post
        Have you watched this BBC interview? 'Man of the people is an act' says Subianto about Widodo - Indonesia elections - BBC News http://youtu.be/NvJ25vwt9lo
        God, the man is just revolting...

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
          What is the source of this information? I just wanna check it before I share it.
          These are results directly from PPLN Malaysia's website.

http://ppln.kbrikl.org/index.php?r=s...itulasipilpres

This is clearly blatant vote rigging. For further consideration: In the April legislative elections, 5876 people voted via polling stations, and 4868 voted via mail. Then in last week elections, 8912 people voted via poling stations, and 43380(!) voted via mail, an increase of almost 800%.

Comment

• Interesting that Prabowo said he will accept the election result if the result is FAIRLY counted. The question is will he accept it as FAIR count?

Comment

• Originally posted by dafluff View Post
              These are results directly from PPLN Malaysia's website.

http://ppln.kbrikl.org/index.php?r=s...itulasipilpres

This is clearly blatant vote rigging. For further consideration: In the April legislative elections, 5876 people voted via polling stations, and 4868 voted via mail. Then in last week elections, 8912 people voted via poling stations, and 43380(!) voted via mail, an increase of almost 800%.
              Thank you.

That is amazingly depressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyonyahbesar View Post
                A lot of minorities (non muslim) believe that. FPI is only halfheartedly backing Prabowo. Theres even a theory running around that FPI deliberately backing P so that his numbers will go down thus giving advantage to Jokowi. (I don't think they are that smart though).
                Because Jokowi will do nothing to them, while Prabowo is more likely to, what with Hasyim behind him and the brothers will have none of their antics.
                Just happen that I’m reading a book titled “Diculik Prabowo” (Abducted by Prabowo), regarding the FPI & religious radicals, on page 86 Prabowo was quoted as saying “selama masih bisa dibina…ya dibina. Kalau tidak bisa dibina, ya dibinasakan” (as long as they can be corrected…correct them. If they cannot be corrected, wipe them out).

Comment

• Originally posted by audrienne View Post
                  Interesting that Prabowo said he will accept the election result if the result is FAIRLY counted. The question is will he accept it as FAIR count?
                  How about Jokowi? Did he say he will do likewise?

Yes, I think he will because he said he respects KPU.
                  Last edited by sul1995; 12-07-14, 17:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
                    Just happen that I’m reading a book titled “Diculik Prabowo” (Abducted by Prabowo), regarding the FPI & religious radicals, on page 86 Prabowo was quoted as saying “selama masih bisa dibina…ya dibina. Kalau tidak bisa dibina, ya dibinasakan” (as long as they can be corrected…correct them. If they cannot be corrected, wipe them out).
                    What a coincidence, I read an article from merdeka.com http://www.merdeka.com/politik/ahmad...-ditembak.html quoting Ahmad Dhani, the guy who made a campaign song for P wearing a costume similar to Heinrich Himmler's uniform. He said, "Doktrinnya membunuh atau terbunuh, kita butuh pemimpin yang tidak punya keragu-raguan, cepat memutuskan sesuatu. Tembak atau ditembak." (Kill or be killed, shot or be shot)

Do all P's followers think like that?
                    [FONT=comic sans ms]Please excuse my poor English. [/FONT]

Comment

• That's quite a disturbing interview on BBC. Yep ,one of the Prabowo surveyor JSI office was "attacked" by molotov which somehow the molotov was not set to ablaze , it seemes the police has taken this case seriously. This will be a blame game before 22 July , P. will try to portray his position as the victim here .
                      In central Java ,there were several black SMS broadcast attempting to gather Jokowi/PDI-P supporters , my guess they are trying to provoke a clash then use this to blame Jokowi probably to disqualify him ,or worst the police or army will use this as a reason to step in . If you take a look the election result in residential area around army complex (army family members votes) as indication, I estimate that the majority of army is behind P. Babinsa case is snother hint of army involvement. Before election ,SBY has revealed that there were rumours around army officers to abandon the sinking ship (SBY ship ) ,basically someone was trying to persuade active army officers to take side . So for now the it's a matter whether SBY can maintain his neutral stance and restrain the army and police . According to some people ,on personal level SBY distrust P. (he ordered investigation of Prabowo sudden wealth) ,but his family (in law and son) is on P. side, so he is in dilema here . On another front, if this country is really divided in two , then you should expect probably half of General Election staffs or Bawaslus are P supporters. (some of them have openly stated their stance in twitter or facebook pages).
                      Perhaps I am just being paranoid here , but this will become ugly .

I have to admit with different coalition partners (excluding Bakrie Hari Tanu or FPI) ,most likely I would have voted for Prabowo . I share his nationalistic view, and no doubt Prabow has more intellectual capacity than Jokowi , and his Gerindra looks more organized than chaotic PDI-P . But this smart guy is apparently quite manipulative , his past alliance with the hardliners to challenge Moerdani is well documented , so this is an intelligence guy who is willing to make a pact with the dark side to achieve his ambtion. And this election is revealing his true face.

Whoever the next presiden will have to face a new challenge....energy starvation ...as the fifth most populous country.. Indonesia energy reserve is far than adequate to maintain long term growth...In Soeharto era, Indonesia enjoyed windfall profit whenever energy price was on the raise ,with low domestic consumption Soeharta had the luxury to export most of fossil fuel materials ..nowaday with population swelling ,depleting reserve and high domestic consumption.. it will be different ..
                      Last edited by haryadi; 12-07-14, 17:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by indonomad View Post

Did anyone else find Prabowo's response to the last question in the BBC interview funny?
                        He answered: "It's a quiet life .... out of politics.... I am doing this out of an obligation to serve my people." Strange? in what way?

Comment

• Originally posted by dafluff View Post
                          These are results directly from PPLN Malaysia's website. http://ppln.kbrikl.org/index.php?r=s...itulasipilpres This is clearly blatant vote rigging. For further consideration: In the April legislative elections, 5876 people voted via polling stations, and 4868 voted via mail. Then in last week elections, 8912 people voted via poling stations, and 43380(!) voted via mail, an increase of almost 800%.
                          OK, compared to April’s election, there’s an almost 800% increase in voter participation by mail, how can you be so sure there’s vote rigging? If you look at the numbers (not percentage), it increased by 38512 voters, not surprising as more people are interested in this election, and more importantly, there are about 2 million Indonesian nationals in Malaysia.

Comment

• Originally posted by sul1995 View Post
                            OK, compared to April’s election, there’s an almost 800% increase in voter participation by mail, how can you be so sure there’s vote rigging? If you look at the numbers (not percentage), it increased by 38512 voters, not surprising as more people are interested in this election, and more importantly, there are about 2 million Indonesian nationals in Malaysia.
                            This fact can not be disputed, unless there is a solid prove of unfairness. Jokowi side needs to accept this with a big heart. But I will ask you this question, are you sure this is an honest and fair result?

Comment

• Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                              This fact can not be disputed, unless there is a solid prove of unfairness. Jokowi side needs to accept this with a big heart. But I will ask you this question, are you sure this is an honest and fair result?
                              I never said that this election is honest or fair nor did I say that it is not honest or unfair. But both sides have money, so their positions are the same.

Comment

• Not very difficult to track the 38512 voters are real or fake. KBRI KL has the name and address of all these people.; and every voters had to sign an acceptance letter and insert it into the bigger envelope before posted.
                                Check the address of the post office and signatures - no need to check all, get few sample only, then we'll get the answer.
                                Lot of Indonesian workers in malaysia are illegal workers; live in rubber plantation without clear mail address. Seem somebody had taken overed the ballots.

Comment

Working...
                                X