Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prabowo for president, what's your take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by martindo View Post

I don't know why Michael thinks P will keep FPI in check -- they are backing him. In general, as I and a few others have noted in the forum, WTF is the point of electing a general (e.g., the current one) if he can't keep the religious radicals in check? If a military leader can't do that, then there's no point in promoting a general as a "strong" candidate. Might as well choose a civilian (e.g., Gus Dur).
    A lot of minorities (non muslim) believe that. FPI is only halfheartedly backing Prabowo. Theres even a theory running around that FPI deliberately backing P so that his numbers will go down thus giving advantage to Jokowi. (I don't think they are that smart though).
    Because Jokowi will do nothing to them, while Prabowo is more likely to, what with Hasyim behind him and the brothers will have none of their antics.
    Indonesia is perplexing. Deal with it!

Comment

• ah come on.. FPI is not smart enough to create such a conspiracy theory like that.

Originally posted by nyonyahbesar View Post
      Theres even a theory running around that FPI deliberately backing P so that his numbers will go down thus giving advantage to Jokowi. (I don't think they are that smart though).
      Because Jokowi will do nothing to them, while Prabowo is more likely to, what with Hasyim behind him and the brothers will have none of their antics.
      dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

• Originally posted by nyonyahbesar View Post
        A lot of minorities (non muslim) believe that. FPI is only halfheartedly backing Prabowo. Theres even a theory running around that FPI deliberately backing P so that his numbers will go down thus giving advantage to Jokowi. (I don't think they are that smart though).
        They are smart enough to know that Prabowo was selling power within his administration to those that would back him. FPI will get something if he gets in.
        [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
          They are smart enough to know that Prabowo was selling power within his administration to those that would back him. FPI will get something if he gets in.
          The indo christian Prabowo supporters will tell you that they are the ones who's being duped. Prabowo only uses them (and PKS, PPP), and once he'w got the chair he will make all of them eat dust.
          Me, personally, I don't know. I think he's too much of a firecracker to be predictable.
          But, one thing I sort of believe is, that Hasyim have a strong influence on him. It's been said that Hasyim was the one who urged him to make Gerindra and to go for the presidential. And Ahok, that was all Hasyim's doing.
          Indonesia is perplexing. Deal with it!

Comment

The indo christian Prabowo supporters will tell you that they are the ones who's being duped. Prabowo only uses them (and PKS, PPP), and once he'w got the chair he will make all of them eat dust.
            Me, personally, I don't know. I think he's too much of a firecracker to be predictable.
            But, one thing I sort of believe is, that Hasyim have a strong influence on him. It's been said that Hasyim was the one who urged him to make Gerindra and to go for the presidential. And Ahok, that was all Hasyim's doing.
            What Prabowo has is a group that is available to do a lot of disruption before the vote results are announced and after. He can always say they acted on their own and people pretty much expect that sort of behavior from them. Just like SBY, nothing will be done about them.
            [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
              Fits perfectly. Especially the "uninformed and just plain idiotic" parts. We can also ad the bought voters.
              Now the plan is running to steal an election. More sinister work by the Prabowo party to play to the idiotic.
              Originally posted by Nimbus View Post
              The very fact that Prabowo is a viable candidate to begin with is proof positive that many of my compatriots are either uneducated, religious fundamentalists, or just plain old idiots.
              Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
              As I know a few of these people personally, and they are my friends (well, my wife's friends, I'm just a "friend-in-law"), I prefer to keep it limited to "undereducated, gullible and misinformed". They are also religious, but I think "idiots" is probably going a step too far.
              It's surprising, but a handful of my highly educated friends do support Prabowo. And even they refuse to believe the quick count results from the credible sources. This is madness. They can argue the pros and cons of Prabowo and Jokowi all day and in the end it's all about different values and priorities. That's fine. But quick counts are about statistics. They can be objectively proven to be reasonably accurate. How they can just choose to ignore the data is baffling to me. Now they're saying that even RRI is siding with Jokowi because the minister in charge of it is on Jokowi's team. Seriously, wtf? Just end this conspiracy-theory madness already.

Originally posted by martindo View Post
              But I agree that he's not the best leader for the "program" he proposes. I don't know why he didn't just put his son or other protege forward as a candidate, who would look a lot better because lacking the human rights baggage and rumors that P has to deal with.
              It seems to me that he has an all-consuming ambition to become the president. He was fired from the military, what, 16 years ago? And he hasn't done much since then, aside from trying to become the president. The guy was born into a disgustingly rich family and has never had much need for more money. It's natural that he would look for challenges elsewhere. All he wants is to become the president. And to reach that goal, he's ready to sell his supposed values and join forces with gangsters, religious fundamentalists and heartless capitalists. So much for "tegas".

Comment

Why didn't Hasyim run? OTOH, is there any billionaire anywhere (India maybe?) who has competed (i.e., not Suharto, cuz nobody was allowed to even *suggest* that there be another candidate) in a presidential election on this planet? I guess they're too busy to get involved with day-to-day management of a country. Simpler just to calculate as follows:
                1. 50 million families in Indonesia
                2. let's say I can squeeze $20 a year from each one
                3. 50 million x $20 = $1 billion, wow, that's what the presidency is for!

Comment

• Voting result from Malaysia : from the drop box (TPS) 4099 votes for Prabowo, 4816 votes for Jokowi. Jokowi is leading with reasonable count.
                  The votes via post just has been counted and the result :
                  39,671 for Prabowo and only 3,709 votes for Jokowi...

I am speechless!
                  Last edited by Missnaughty; 12-07-14, 09:47.

Comment

• Who votes by post? In the US, it is mostly overseas military personnel. For RI, it would be embassy staffs and overseas students?

Comment

• I don't know.. I don't even know if we can vote by post .. If so, I would have sent my vote for JKW by post too..

http://m.kaskus.co.id/thread/53bf9723a09a39bb788b476f link but in Indonesian
                      Last edited by Missnaughty; 12-07-14, 09:50.

Comment

• I have permanent absentee status in California, but if I fail to vote in two federal elections in a row, they will revoke the absentee status.

Comment

• We can vote abroad, every embassy and consulate office will make TPS. I could have voted in Shanghai consulate but I was traveling during the Election Day, I suppose I could have mailed my vote if I knew people can vote by post. But again who could check if this vote by post is legit? The difference is absurd.

Comment

• Have you watched this BBC interview? 'Man of the people is an act' says Subianto about Widodo - Indonesia elections - BBC News http://youtu.be/NvJ25vwt9lo
                            [FONT=comic sans ms]Please excuse my poor English. [/FONT]

Comment

• Here in Vancouver, Canada, WNi have the right to choose between going to the TPS in person or sending in the vote by mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chotto Matte View Post
                                Have you watched this BBC interview? 'Man of the people is an act' says Subianto about Widodo - Indonesia elections - BBC News http://youtu.be/NvJ25vwt9lo
                                thanks very interesting interview.

Comment

Working...
                                X