Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mick mentawai
    replied
    I found this article also interesting and of no surprise.

Armed group declares 'all-out war' against Indonesians in Papua

[COLOR=#4A4646][FONT=Verdana]"Armed separatists in Indonesia’s Papua province have declared open war on the military and non-Papuan civilians, insisting that their decades-long struggle for independence is not over and denouncing as a lie President Joko Widodo’s reassurances that the region is peaceful"

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]http://www.ucanews.com/news/armed-group-declares-all-out-war-against-indonesians-in-papua/73642[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Leave a comment:

• mick mentawai
    replied
    I was reading about the Majapahit empire the other day, i was quite surprised to learn that the far western part of West Papua was actually part of the Majapahit empire that dates back to 1400-1500 its quite interesting as i guess modern day Indonesia is based in part on the Majapahit empire and off course the areas under Dutch rule.

I was always under the impression Indonesia past in the region didn't go back that far but i guess in a sense it does to a degree.

Leave a comment:

• jstar
    replied
    Nooooo! Kobe is back, duck!

Yeah, I guessed I would find something like this in the article you 'prefer'.

[COLOR=#383838][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Jokowi’s trip to Papua directly presaged his trip to Papua New Guinea, the overt purpose of which was to strengthen economic ties. As with Wayang puppetry, the shadow behind this light was to undermine PNG support for Papuans in West Papua. PNG Prime Minister Peter O'Neill announced his support for Papuans in February.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#383838][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Jokowi’s activities in Papua are promising signs. But they remain ambiguous as internal politics continue to intervene.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Internal political struggle

[COLOR=#383838][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Jokowi is surrounded by politicians and military generals with agendas that are unlikely to help Papua.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Last edited by jstar; 14-06-15, 21:23. Reason: Bolded some founded objective 'observations'. Ahum.

Leave a comment:

• Kobe Oser
    replied
    Originally posted by mick mentawai View Post
    Can Jokowi Bring Peace to West Papua?

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Open Sans]The Indonesian president is rolling out new initiatives, hoping for a breakthrough in a troubled region.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Good article on current situation and future http://thediplomat.com/2015/06/jokow...eace-in-papua/
    Dear participant, we believe the article is inaccurate, as for example the Operasi Papua Merdeka / OPM has beenin effect ever since 1965.

We believe that the RI has to become an effective part of the Tanah Papua resolution instead of becoming more and more of a joke in believing that RI policy making could benefit West Papua Melanesia. As in 1961 our sovereign right to independence has been communicated to the world, based on UN General Assembly Resolutions 448 and 1514 and starting with the 1947 Canberra Agreement, what solution could RI possibly bring to repair the damaged position they gotten Tanah Papua into in the past 50 years of Slow Motion Genocide? To save its face why not be wise and immediately retreat RI armed forces from the Melanesian territory of West Papua?

A fragile basis of a 1969 framed Plebiscit outcome, and on top of that, signing exploitation contracts with US Freeport mining in 1967(!), 2 years prior to the expected 1969 "One Man One Vote" refererendum as agreed upon with the 1962 New York Agreement, makes that the Thief-state RI tries to remain its presence in Tanah Papua as long as they are being allowed to by the Leaders of the Free World. How can Papuans take RI seriously for Tanah Papua's well being with this thief RI policy mentality?

And the robbing of West Papua Melanesia's natural resources again is trying to be formalized, as US Freeport is ILLEGALLY EXTENDING this ever since 1967 effected ILLEGAL PROCEDURES of contract signing:
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/internation...for-papua-mine

We think these are better reality articles to point out RI's headache file on West Papua Melanesia, as the joke of RI theater of policy developing towards Tanah Papua cannot hold any longer:
    http://thejakartaglobe.beritasatu.co...will-continue/

and:

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/s...ge-phelim-kine

We also think below article is the best sofar:

http://theconversation.com/papuans-a...politics-42251

We are interested in the opinion of any of the contibutors on this Forum ever since the beginning of this thread, on why not to support West Papua Melanesia's inalieable right to political independence, even after reading these recent articles for illustration.
    We would like to conclude that most of the contributors to this thread have become frontrunners for our political independence and in promoting the ever since 1961 established West Papua Melanesia nation.

Even The United Nations have been made reminded recently of its own NON_COMPLIANCE with Article 73 of the UN Charter and the UN's FAILURE to continue the exercise the sovereign nation rights of West Papua Melanesia. The United Nations have been urged to adopt a new General Assembly resolution on this upcoming 70th Session in New York, inorder to restore Justice, end gross Human Rights violations and bring Peace to Tanah Papua:

For recent UN footage on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKhVCkA0cc

Even in the US, Indonesian goverment officials are urged to become part of the solution, by retreating immediately from Tanah Papua, please see link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wQujc4xJ4c

We invite participants (current and previous) to respect the topic of this thread and we welcome any thoughts on this, as we believe this war needs to come to an end, so a nation Peacefully can be built based on respect, this inorder for every individual to enjoy the beautiful Tanah Papua.

Insja Allah / Na Kores Kaku Ra Refo!

Setia Djudjur Mesra

Leave a comment:

• mick mentawai
    replied
    Can Jokowi Bring Peace to West Papua?

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Open Sans]The Indonesian president is rolling out new initiatives, hoping for a breakthrough in a troubled region.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Good article on current situation and future http://thediplomat.com/2015/06/jokow...eace-in-papua/

Leave a comment:

• mick mentawai
    replied
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]Govt to free 90 more political [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]prisoners

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]After giving amnesty to five political prisoners in Papua recently, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo plans to free 90 more political prisoners in the country’s easternmost, resource-rich province.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]- See more at: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2....il56JeXd.dpuf
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    You've got to say Jokowi is making some positive moves in West Papua of late.

1. Removing bans on journalist in West papua.
    2.$460 million USD in infrastructure projects
    3. freeing 5 political prisoners now another 90

These have to be all good moves, i just hope the press play fair and give the true story and show both sides of the coin, its easy to focus on the negatives from the Indonesian armies side, but the reality is we have people fighting for freedom, a race who's culture still use's tribal warfare to sort issues.
    Last edited by mick mentawai; 16-05-15, 18:06.

Leave a comment:

• Happyman
    replied
    Originally posted by kool_keith View Post
    The gold / copper mine that USA and AUS have been exploiting since the 60s is IND's get out of jail free card. As long as they are allowed to pump all the profits out of the Grajburg mine , they will look the other way at the genocide that is occurring . According to UN statistics Indonesia has killed 150,000 papuans since 1963 , in comparison UN statistics have Israel has killed 24,000 palestinians since 1948 . Imagine if the international media coverage was commensurate with the death rate !!!!!!!!!!
    Keith, I'm interested in that death rate and the cause of those deaths. Is there any particular source or search keywords you could point me towards?

PS Oops, didn't see the first couple of pages of this thread... looks like there is already lots of stuff to read. Never-mind.
    Last edited by Happyman; 12-05-15, 16:02.

Leave a comment:

• kool_keith
    replied
    The gold / copper mine that USA and AUS have been exploiting since the 60s is IND's get out of jail free card. As long as they are allowed to pump all the profits out of the Grajburg mine , they will look the other way at the genocide that is occurring . According to UN statistics Indonesia has killed 150,000 papuans since 1963 , in comparison UN statistics have Israel has killed 24,000 palestinians since 1948 . Imagine if the international media coverage was commensurate with the death rate !!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mick mentawai
    replied
    Also saw this today
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]
    The government has allocated a total of Rp 6 trillion (US$460 million) this year for infrastructure development in Papua, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo said during an official visit to the province on Saturday. - See more at: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2....Q6NoMJxy.dpuf

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2015/05/09/govt-allocates-rp-6-trillion-papua-infrastructure-development.html

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but i think your chances of independence are about the same as Australia been giving back to the Australian Aboriginal people.
    Last edited by mick mentawai; 10-05-15, 14:41.

Leave a comment:

• Kobe Oser
    replied
    Dear Participants Good to see you all again!

As we are finally getting closer towards our goal, please find enclosed the latest Groundbreaking News by Presidential Decree today:
    West Papua Melanesia as from tomorrow will be opened for ALL FOREIGN MEDIA PRESS AND JOURNALISTS
    This has been confirmed to Al Jazeera news agency, please see link:

https://twitter.com/stepvaessen/stat...46179654455298

This is a unicum ever since our nation's sell out to the NKRI on 1 May 1963. Please join us at this forum & become Frontrunners for our independence, by flyering above news.
    For more info on the Roadmap to independence, please see our earlier posts. These views & messages in fact haven't been changed ever since August 1945.

Also we have a movie tip for this forum worth seeing: www.isolated.tv . Enjoy!

Kasumasa / Thank you

Leave a comment:

• DanInAceh
    replied
    Originally posted by fastpitch17 View Post
    Like i said, I personally don't care if they get it or don't. I just don't see it happening and if it comes to armed conflict, I foresee many graves and in the end, it will remain as it is except some or all the concessions they have received will be gone.

The Ache Sutinate over it's history grew and shrunk. Where do the boarders get drawn? At one time it included the shoreline of a vast amount of Western Sumatra. At another time Ache was in fact ruled by a number of different regional Kings that gave no alliance to any one government for the area. Aches history is full of various regions and ideas. What part does Ache want now? Saying the indigenous one doesn't answer any question. The indigenous people were many that held different views on government. The indigenous people were also not of the Islamic faith of which Ache seems to want to blanket itself with.
    I'd be happy to discuss this in another thread, and we have lots about Aceh. But let's keep this thread as is: about West Papua.

Your excuse seems to be summed up as "you can't fight city hall." Except when people do and win. I'm not particularly impressed by Indonesia's "military might," OK? It doesn't have anything to do with how well armed they are, but who wants it more. Who is willing to tough it out, who is more motivated to win? In such a scenario, West Papua and Aceh have the upper hand. What good are the concessions if the indigenous people are not in control of their destiny and resources? Their ultimate fate, as seen in Papua, is that they will.be.replaced. That is Indonesia's end game, that is why they must resist now or forever lose their chance for real.

Leave a comment:

• fastpitch17
    replied
    Like i said, I personally don't care if they get it or don't. I just don't see it happening and if it comes to armed conflict, I foresee many graves and in the end, it will remain as it is except some or all the concessions they have received will be gone.

The Ache Sutinate over it's history grew and shrunk. Where do the boarders get drawn? At one time it included the shoreline of a vast amount of Western Sumatra. At another time Ache was in fact ruled by a number of different regional Kings that gave no alliance to any one government for the area. Aches history is full of various regions and ideas. What part does Ache want now? Saying the indigenous one doesn't answer any question. The indigenous people were many that held different views on government. The indigenous people were also not of the Islamic faith of which Ache seems to want to blanket itself with.

Leave a comment:

• lantern
    replied
    Originally posted by DanInAceh View Post
    And then again, there's also the separation of THIS island...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19190[/ATTACH]
    And look how that worked out.

Leave a comment:

• DanInAceh
    replied
    Ache is but one of them. Pretty hard to separate something that is part of the actual land mass of Indonesia Sumatra. If it were an Island perhaps.
    And then again, there's also the separation of THIS island...

papua_base_map.jpg

Leave a comment:

• DanInAceh
    replied
    Dan, at one time there were a lot of different empires that now make up Indonesia. Some are quite a bit smaller then they were at that time since some of them even incorporated parts of Malaysia. Many countries are made up of their little empires all pit together in a package to govern as a nation. Ache is but one of them.
    Long before Europeans coined the term "Indonesia" there was an Aceh. And it is but one of a few older polities in the archipelago. That's nice. What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? The difference is that its people TODAY see themselves as part of that ancient identity and polity rather than "Indonesia." I am not asking for what may be their historical homeland in Vietnam, simply that the PRESENT and REAL identity today be honored.

The national designs of Indonesia are fine, let them continue to have their nation. Go nuts. Who are they (or you?) to decide the destiny of indigenous peoples? Why do they get to tell those people what their identity is?

Pretty hard to separate something that is part of the actual land mass of Indonesia Sumatra.
    You mean like how this island was separated?

mireland.gif

I for myself have no problem with Ache becoming independent but I can also see why the nation wouldn't want the separation. Same goes for Papua although the amount of natural resources will probably keep them under Indonesia forever. No country is just willing to just say, OK, take what you want of the countries land, set the boarders, and we won't bother you. That isn't going to happen. You want a fight but do you really want so many Acheans to die because of it? They are vastly out numbered and overpowered. Who came to their defense in their past armed conflicts? Sure, there are always those willing to fight for their cause and even die for it but, what about all those that do not want to die for it but because of the side taken, they do? I would think it better to be productive and live above ground then unproductive being buried under it.
    Indeed, they will never let go of Papua's resources. This is why they seek to remake it in their image.

About their chances fighting, their past history speaks for itself. They were similarly outgunned and outnumbered by colonial Dutch forces. In Indonesian circles, those people are revered as heroes. However, flip the script and analyze Aceh's more recent history, and those rebels become terrorists. The only thing to change, was that their colonial masters switched to a nearby island.

They are willing to fight for this cause, and I support them in such an undertaking. Such change will not come through democratic processes for Aceh, it must come through jihad. And so it will, again, eventually. Its people will never be happy unless they are rid of Indonesia. I suspect some similar sentiment exists in Papua, but I am uncertain of that. I don't know how ready they are to fight, but Indonesia will not let them go.

What other option do they have, fast? What they want is what they want; it's not for you or I to tell them "nah, stick with what you got." And I hope that they tear down every corrupt institution of Indonesia as they see fit, because Indonesia is not fit to rule them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X