Sexual assault!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual assault!

Sexual assaults, raping happen frequently lately. Teenager, college students, married woman became the victims. The advice of not wearing mini skirt was the most stupid solution. Why did it happen so frequently? Does the system less protect the woman? Have the government made a fair punishment for all the rapist and murder? I think rapist deserve life sentence or even death penalty. Maybe the government should socialize the punishment of it in mass media so that “manusia biadab” would think before doing it. Or maybe it was the influence of alcohol and mental disorder made them kept doing it in spite of the punishment. I am furious, hopeless, and scared at the same time reading and watching news that raping happened over and over again.

In Europe there's a talk (in some countries even it comes already to the application) of forcing former rapers to drink chemical castrations to reduce their "excessive" sexual drive. Too costly in Indonesia I guess. And if you happened to visit crime-ridden areas, it would be advisable to wear a female condom.
    Last edited by ricky_id; 18-12-11, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurkha
      Castration is the only solution. To prvent rape, a woman should try to evacuate her bowels. Enough even to put off an Indon rapist
      Jaysus Krist! I've just infracted one of your post minutes earlier and discover another one in the same style. Better for you to read twice (or more) our posting guidelines.

Post deleted. Thanks not to comment it.

Comment

just permanently ban him...its hard living as the the lowest caste of neighbouring country....
        " Lemme get this straight. Killing one person is a murder, but killing a hundred thousand is a foreign policy ?"

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy city View Post
          Sexual assaults, raping happen frequently lately. Teenager, college students, married woman became the victims. The advice of not wearing mini skirt was the most stupid solution. Why did it happen so frequently? Does the system less protect the woman? Have the government made a fair punishment for all the rapist and murder? I think rapist deserve life sentence or even death penalty. Maybe the government should socialize the punishment of it in mass media so that “manusia biadab” would think before doing it. Or maybe it was the influence of alcohol and mental disorder made them kept doing it in spite of the punishment. I am furious, hopeless, and scared at the same time reading and watching news that raping happened over and over again.
          I also scare after watching that news, because I often go out of town by public transportation. Mini skirt is not the cause. even the woman wearing Jilbab also often became victim. As woman, we need to protect ourselves. One of the example is not wearing a lot of jewelries when we go by public transportation. But it's still not enough. The government should increase the safety for people using public transportation. Or all angkots are not used and change it by trans j /other safer public transportation which is available for 24 hours.

Comment

I agree... just ban him.....in addition, pls do not use "Indon" to refer Indonesia, some people may feel it is rude....

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
            Jaysus Krist! I've just infracted one of your post minutes earlier and discover another one in the same style. Better for you to read twice (or more) our posting guidelines.

Post deleted. Thanks not to comment it.

Comment

Originally posted by hendry_ohe View Post
              .in addition, pls do not use "Indon" to refer Indonesia, some people may feel it is rude....
              I dont know...I am just too sensitive hearing "indon" here...just remind me about an unnamed country..*sigh

Comment

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/tired-of-being-victimized-some-women-fight-back/485366

The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by hendry_ohe View Post
                  I agree... just ban him.....in addition, pls do not use "Indon" to refer Indonesia, some people may feel it is rude....
                  Out of topic but just a quick one (as am not really aware of this). Why is 'Indon' offensive, does it mean or refer to anything in particular? Are you referring to calling the country Indon or the people? I see many companies here called Indo...someting or something...Indo. Indon is offensive and Indo is not?

Another reason for the query is that Filipinos don't mind being called 'Pinoy/s' - a slang we coined ourselves. I just thought it might the same.

Comment

I am referring both, country and the people....

We like ourselves being called Indo, and Indon can be offensive, as it is less respect by lookin down the people and the country, and usually refers workers and maids......

You can see Teen reaction above....

Originally posted by freesia View Post
                    Out of topic but just a quick one (as am not really aware of this). Why is 'Indon' offensive, does it mean or refer to anything in particular? Are you referring to calling the country Indon or the people? I see many companies here called Indo...someting or something...Indo. Indon is offensive and Indo is not?

Another reason for the query is that Filipinos don't mind being called 'Pinoy/s' - a slang we coined ourselves. I just thought it might the same.

Comment

Thanks for posting this link, TC. Whilst it's sad that some women have had to resort to retaliation, it's refreshing that some of us are taking action.

Comment

about the sexual assault. my opinion would be, both parties have their own part.
                        ladies, if you are travelling by public transportation, better choose some clothing that is not really open , since you don'tknow who will be sitting next to you. it might be a guy with a great manner, but it also could be someone who has just let go from jail. forget about the rom-com movie meeting an undercover prince in a buss that will take you to his palace.

i saw some girls on a bus wearing mini skirt and hi heels and tank top with a low neck line. as i stepped down from the bus, i saw one of them get spanked by a guy who you could tell, he was not an educated person ( dirty, wild eyes, smelly ) ... yes i 'd say the guy was wrong, but the girls were not free from the blame.

i guess people should be smart enough not to take public transportation if they are going for clubbing

it doesn't matter about wearing jilbab or not. there are a lot of woman wearing jilbab with tight pants, tight shirt etc and they try to justify it in the name of fashion. it's ironic. when one is wearing jilbab she should be covering up her parts that might make guys have the dirty mind. ... not just covering hair. it means that they have make sure that their body shape could not be seen.
                        i remember my friend told me 'seeing a woman naked is less interesting than someone who is almost naked' so seeing someone in a tight shirt that can expose her upper part very clearly might make some (drunk or low educated ) guys aroused.

and for the guys, i have to say those guys who raped these victimes should be punished . sent to jail until he is 70. ( if he is 35 then he should be there for 35 years, if he is 40 then he should in jail for 30 years) ..
                        Preman is part of the society who are claimed doing the bad stuffs toward the normal people. they got drunk, asked your cell phone or even stab your stomach with their small knive etc.. the problem is the policeman could never take them all, since their leader is a mafia who could pay the cops to let his preman free.

it's time for the ladies to protect them selves by learning karate or judo .. or anything. since relying on police would not be really recomended .
                        dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Do you think there is an increase in violence against women or is it that more women victim of sexual assaults are speaking up about it as it is becoming less of a taboo topic in the traditional religious Indonesian culture? It could very well be that sexual violence against women has always existed but that victims didn't dare to come out about it for fear social taboos.

A similar issue happened in Europe many years ago. And when I was younger, it also seemed like there were more and more pedophiles around but in fact it were simply children getting more educated about the issue and speaking up more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
                            about the sexual assault. my opinion would be, both parties have their own part.
                            ladies, if you are travelling by public transportation, better choose some clothing that is not really open , since you don'tknow who will be sitting next to you. it might be a guy with a great manner, but it also could be someone who has just let go from jail. forget about the rom-com movie meeting an undercover prince in a buss that will take you to his palace.

i saw some girls on a bus wearing mini skirt and hi heels and tank top with a low neck line. as i stepped down from the bus, i saw one of them get spanked by a guy who you could tell, he was not an educated person ( dirty, wild eyes, smelly ) ... yes i 'd say the guy was wrong, but the girls were not free from the blame.

i guess people should be smart enough not to take public transportation if they are going for clubbing

it doesn't matter about wearing jilbab or not. there are a lot of woman wearing jilbab with tight pants, tight shirt etc and they try to justify it in the name of fashion. it's ironic. when one is wearing jilbab she should be covering up her parts that might make guys have the dirty mind. ... not just covering hair. it means that they have make sure that their body shape could not be seen.
                            i remember my friend told me 'seeing a woman naked is less interesting than someone who is almost naked' so seeing someone in a tight shirt that can expose her upper part very clearly might make some (drunk or low educated ) guys aroused
                            That is basically what Fauzi Bowo said and was appropriately taken to task for blaming the victim. Gab, your sort of thinking is part of the problem.

Comment

naughtygab, you are making the mistake of thinking that rape is a crime of lust. It isn't - it is a crime of violence. What the woman is wearing is of no consequence. 80 year old nuns get raped! And it's just as wrong to rape a prostitute as it is to rape a veiled woman. Men who rape women commit the crime because they hate women - not because they find women too sexy to resist.

Comment

Working...
                              X