Announcement

Collapse

Expat Forum Moving Hosting

We have moved the Expat Forum to a new server in late March. You'll notice some changes due to upgrades we've made in the vBulletin software.

If you have questions, please email me at [email protected].

wm
See more
See less

Virginity test for high school entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alia
    replied
    Originally posted by kim& mika View Post
    Maybe we should have a poll, for our Indonesian readers on the forum asking current age and when they lost their virginity.......then again maybe not as Fred is bound to want to join
    Ok Kim, start the poll, I'll answer it.

Leave a comment:

• K&M
    replied
    Maybe we should have a poll, for our Indonesian readers on the forum asking current age and when they lost their virginity.......then again maybe not as Fred is bound to want to join

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    I find it hard to believe myself. Indonesian society has become more liberal, but I rather doubt it's THAT liberal. Still, I don't have data nor personal knowledge to counter the survey.

Leave a comment:

• K&M
    replied
    Lies, damm lies and Indonesian politics, or so the saying goes

Leave a comment:

• mattyboy43
    replied
    Originally posted by gffgold View Post
    I don't buy it. I teach junior and senior high kids in a religiously neutral school and I don't believe those figures. My senior students don't believe the figures either - we discussed it in class and they said those questioned were obviously having a bit of fun with the questionaires.
    [FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3]Completely agree with GFF, had the discussion this morning after reading the thread with my 20 grade 10 students and they said there is no way those numbers are right. I would also consider my students to be some of the more 'at risk' type of kids as they all have access to money with little or no parental supervision. We have three 'couples' in the class that have been dating for a while, know lots of kids from both National and International schools and they said there is no way; it is probably closer to around 20%.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Leave a comment:

• t___c
    replied
    Is this a job advert ??? .......Ok I'll do it ......... what sort of money is involved .......... guess I'll find the cash somewhere

Leave a comment:

• gffgold
    replied
    I don't buy it. I teach junior and senior high kids in a religiously neutral school and I don't believe those figures. My senior students don't believe the figures either - we discussed it in class and they said those questioned were obviously having a bit of fun with the questionaires.

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mas Fred View Post
    From the link.

94% have never kissed but 70% have spread their legs. Hmmmmmmm
    Something fishy here and it's not the taste of the non virgin's naughty bits.
    What's fishy is the translation, 93.7 percent have kissed.

Leave a comment:

• Mas Fred
    replied
    From the link.
    Other results of the survey, 93.7 percent were junior high and high school students never do a kiss, 21.2 percent junior high teens claimed to have abortions, and 97 percent of middle and high school teens had seen the film forno.
    94% have never kissed but 70% have spread their legs. Hmmmmmmm
    Something fishy here and it's not the taste of the non virgin's naughty bits.

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mas Fred View Post
    62% sudah shagged?

I can't see it. In the cities there will be a higher number but not in the villages.
    Komnas Perlindungan Anak (National Committee for Child Protection) didn't say where they conducted the survey.
    http://edukasi.kompas.com/read/2010/....Tidak.Perawan

Leave a comment:

• Mas Fred
    replied
    62% sudah shagged?

I can't see it. In the cities there will be a higher number but not in the villages.

Leave a comment:

• Raclette
    replied
    does virginity now property of the government?

Leave a comment:

• Nimbus
    replied
    Ok, after some digging I found that he didn't propose virginity test as a prerequisite to enter junior high. He wants to make it mandatory for non virgins to attend counseling. His concern is sparked by the survey saying 62% of junior high school girls are not virgins.

I am not comfortable with the idea of 15 year olds (or younger) having sex, but I think he has the wrong approach.

Leave a comment:

• 83cece83
    replied
    Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    I wonder is Pak Bambang plans to compile a DPR page candidate list from the rejects?
    aha!! "candidate list"

Leave a comment:

• K&M
    replied
    maybe someone should ask if he was a virgin when he entered senior high school, and why only applicabale to women?
    Are women second hand citizens in Indonesia?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X