Registered Bird Breeder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registered Bird Breeder

Looking for a registered bird breeder. Interested in Cockatoo, [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]CACATUIDAE Calyptorhynchus banksii and [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Cacatua [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Lophochroa leadbeateri.[/SIZE][/FONT]Must be licensed.

Do licensed animal and bird sellers even exist in this country?

Comment

That's why I'm looking for them, Jester... (I'm trying to be good here, not buying wild caught animals) they have to be out there, somewhere. At least one?

Comment

why not just let them stay in the wild? get a good photo of one and stick it on the wall? it will last a lot longer, be a lot queter and you wont be forever cleaning its shit up

Comment

I'm just doing my research right now, the possibilities of having a pet bird. But if all signs lead to NO - then I'll grab my camera and go for a hike in the wild or I guess downloading an image would be so much easier and cheaper.

Comment

Well, good luck with the search.

If I was to get a bird, it would be an African Grey. Awesome talkers apparently. Insanely expensive though...

Comment

Since the first species is endangered it might be a problem to get it legally and if the seller tells you it was born in captivity he probably is not telling the truth. You won't find them in the wild in Indonesia since they are both endemic to Australia. Please, think twice before you really want this. Everything can be arranged here, even a licence for a cockatoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Carola View Post
                ... Everything can be arranged here, even a licence for a cockatoo.
                Maybe so, but I have never seen any cockatoos behind the wheel.

Comment

You didn't? Well.. missed something there obviously. Cockatoos repeating: lurus..lurus..lurus..

Comment

Originally posted by Carola View Post
                    You didn't? Well.. missed something there obviously. Cockatoos repeating: lurus..lurus..lurus..
                    I bet that one doesn't have a license.

Comment

My wife was on about getting a Cockatoo, didnt know you had to have a licence though, where would you get one of those, Im also told, which is nothing to do with cockatoos that you should also have a TV licence is that also true

Comment

A quick search of the web at least came up with one contact http://www.avianbiotech.com/Breeders...er.asp?ID=6821

Good luck
                        [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
                        There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                        Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
                        [/FONT]

Comment

Not for cockatoo though...

Comment

give a ring a check, probable they could supply other breeds, think positive, if he does not have will know other breeders in indonesia
                            [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
                            There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
                            Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
                            [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Anglian View Post
                              Im also told, which is nothing to do with cockatoos that you should also have a TV licence is that also true
                              Regional governments can (and often do) issue stipulations including a tax (not a license) per TV set, per TV size per annum. Kota Manado has such regulation but it is very weakly enforced. In 9 years I was sollicited once only. If you want to have a definitive answer you must contact the biro hukum of your kantor walikota/bupati.

Comment

Working...
                              X