Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight volunteers to travel with dogs

Hello expats

I work with dog rescuers and we are always looking for people flying to North America who would be willing to take a dog or two.

All their paperwork will be provided, you just check them in and pick them up at the other end where you pick up things like skis, then show them to customs.

Certain airlines are better (some are too expensive). Please PM me if you can help!

Why you don't introduce your dog rescuer organization first ? Is it a non-profit , what exactly you do , why you have to sent dogs to North America specifically ? Website , address ?

Without proving your credibility people will be very afraid to do anything with you .

Comment

Is mostly solo rescuers, and we are from North America so have a network there who can help rehome at that end. No one is asking for any money here, we fundraise and cover the costs for the dogs ourselves.

Unfortunately there aren?t nearly enough people who will take dogs in this country.

Comment

The Paws Co is one organisation looking for flight volunteers (currently she is sending dogs cargo which is much more expensive).

I?m also working with a solo rescuer who has five dogs in boarding who she is trying to rehome.

Happy to discuss more by PM but it?s not my place to be giving out individuals names.

Comment

Originally posted by Naomieliz View Post
          ... and we are from North America ...

So if you are a foreigner who does this work without being employed by any Indonesian organization and If you don't have a special authorization from the Indonesian Immigration , I guess you can be considered a foreigner doing illegal work (even working for free) .

---------------------------------------

UU no.13 , year 2003
          CHAPTER VIII - EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGN WORKER
          ARTICLE 42
          (1) Every employer that employs foreign worker is under an obligation to obtain written permission from Minister (Work Permit) .
          (2) An employer who is an individual person is prohibited from employing foreign worker .

Permen no.10 year 2018
          Article 5
          A foreign worker must :
          a. have education diploma that is related to the qualifications required for the work position ;
          b. have a competency certificate or have work experience of at least 5 (five) years related to the qualifications required for the work position ;
          c. transfer his/her expertise to a designated Indonesian worker;
          d. have an Indonesian Tax Registration Number if to work for more than 6 (six) months; and
          e. have residency Visa/KITAS for work issued by the Indonesian Immigration Department .

Note : not the official translation

UU no.6 , year 2011 (Indonesian Immigration Law)
          Article 122
          Shall be punished with imprisonment of five (5) years and fined at most Rp500.000.000, 00 (five hundred million rupiah):
          a. any foreigner who deliberately misuse or engage in activities not in accordance with the intent and purpose of the Visa/Stay Permit given to him/her;
          b. any person who ordered or provide opportunity for the foreigner to misuse or engage in activities inconsistent with intent or purpose of the Visa/Stay Permit given to him/her.

Comment

I have a business and I have a Kitas, but thank you for your legal concern. I work with animals because it?s something I care about and I like to give back.

A friend?s mother who lives in Jakarta suggested I try posting on this forum about the flights. She neglected to mention it?s full of trolls with too much time on their hands. Why don?t you go put your anger towards an actual cause and make a difference?

If you can?t help, stop wasting my time.

Comment

(a) I have a business and I have a Kitas, ...

(b)Why don?t you go put your anger towards an actual cause and make a difference? ...

(a) Those do no mean you are legally authorized to rescue dogs and send dogs abroad .

(b) You are totally mistaken . I love dogs and of course appreciate people who help dogs (although I don't think sending dogs to North America is a good idea) .

--------------------------------

To interested foreigners : any work as volunteers in Indonesia need to be authorized by the Indonesian Immigration . There is no specific visa/KITAS to do volunteer work . Having a Work Visa/KITAS does not allow the foreigner to do also volunteer work because a Work Visa/KITAS only allow the foreigner to do the work specified in the work contract/Plan to Hire Foreign Worker/Work Permit submitted to/approved by the Indonesian Manpower Department .
              Last edited by marcus; 20-07-19, 17:45.

Comment

Marcus of course is correct , even to volunteer here ,without official permission and relevant visa is illegal ,with the usual penalties ie deportation and financial .

Comment

Originally posted by tel522 View Post
                  Marcus of course is correct , even to volunteer here ,without official permission and relevant visa is illegal ,with the usual penalties ie deportation and financial .
                  Once again, I have a Kitas. Thank you for your concern

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post

(a) Those do no mean you are legally authorized to rescue dogs and send dogs abroad .

(b) You are totally mistaken . I love dogs and of course appreciate people who help dogs (although I don't think sending dogs to North America is a good idea) .

--------------------------------

To interested foreigners : any work as volunteers in Indonesia need to be authorized by the Indonesian Immigration . There is no specific visa/KITAS to do volunteer work . Having a Work Visa/KITAS does not allow the foreigner to do also volunteer work because a Work Visa/KITAS only allow the foreigner to do the work specified in the work contract/Plan to Hire Foreign Worker/Work Permit submitted to/approved by the Indonesian Manpower Department .
                    Actually you can bring dogs overseas with the correct tests and paperwork (which depend on the destination).

It must be very hard ?loving dogs? but not being able to help due to Kitas restrictions. I guess that?s a handy excuse for inaction though.

Sorry but if I see a starving dog in a parking lot I?m going to do what I can to help, not wait for the Indonesian SPCA to step in. Don?t be ridiculous.

Comment

... loving dogs? but not being able to help due to Kitas restrictions... Sorry but if I see a starving .. I?m going to do what I can to help, ...

I think you prefer to fight instead of doing according to the rule . As I told , you should get an authorization from Immigration , which I guess , is not a difficult thing .

Talking about helping people or dogs , human beings are naturally selfish . Besides that , in my opinion it is a too naive idea thinking that helping few dogs is making a difference . In relation to the well being of people , dogs , ... only the governments can make a difference . See below that abandoned pets in USA are in a lot greater number than in England e Wales . I assume this is due to harsh government Laws/Regulations about it .

-------------------------

From https://www.worldhunger.org/world-hu...nd-statistics/
                      [... The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimates that about 815 million people of the 7.6 billion people in the world, or 10.7%, were suffering from chronic undernourishment in 2016...]

------------------------

From https://www.aspca.org/animal-homeles...pet-statistics
                      [... Approximately 6.5 million companion animals enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year... Each year, approximately 1.5 million shelter animals are euthanized ...]

------------------------

From https://www.thedodo.com/abandoned-pe...917692034.html , 2016
                      [... Last year, the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) rescued a total of 9,069 animals throughout England and Wales ...]

Comment

Alright then, you?ve convinced me, next time I see an abandoned dog I will go to Immigration and ask if they mind if I take it to the vet

Now please leave me alone.

Comment

Working...
                        X