Safe to bring my pet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to bring my pet?

My family and I are due to move to Jakarta. We own a formerly abused small dog, mix Maltese/bichon and we were wondering whether it will be safe to bring him to live with us (otherwise our relatives in Europe have offered to look after him in a very safe and dog friendly neighbourhood), how to find animal loving domestic staff and final question: how are the quarantaine facilities in Jakarta? Will the pets be treated well during their two weeks' mandatory stay? He is scared of men overall.
    Any advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Unless you will be Indonesia a long time, I'd be really hesitant to bring a dog here. Especially if it has special needs. It is expensive to bring them here, but some agents seem to bypass the waiting time, from reports on the forum.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
      Unless you will be Indonesia a long time, I'd be really hesitant to bring a dog here. Especially if it has special needs. It is expensive to bring them here, but some agents seem to bypass the waiting time, from reports on the forum.
      Hi Jaime,
      can u please direct me to those forums which talk about quarantine please? I have tried looking but the site seems to be kicking me out quite often,.. is there some major software thing going on?

Comment

Originally posted by lovenlivenindonesia View Post

Hi Jaime,
        can u please direct me to those forums which talk about quarantine please? I have tried looking but the site seems to be kicking me out quite often,.. is there some major software thing going on?
        Perhaps a google search will bring them up.

Go to google and enter a search: www.livinginindonesiaforum.org jakpetz
        Last edited by wm; 19-07-16, 00:02.
        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Before deciding to bring your dog, check where you will be living. Is there space for the dog? Is the dog allowed in the accommodation?
          Remember that dogs are not so popular here and can cause problems for you. If you are planning to stay for a long time its worth considering, if not for a long time think again.
          You can adopt a dog here, if that would be a consideration, there are many dogs that need care.
          [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
            Yes, there was a horrid software upgrade a couple weeks back. Perhaps a google search will bring them up.

Go to google and enter a search: www.livinginindonesiaforum.org jakpetz
            Thanks Jaime C.. Will look it up..

Comment

Here is some generic advice for pets in Indonesia!

http://www.expat.or.id/info/pets.html

Danielle Surkatty
              Member of the Organizing Committee
              Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
              http://www.expat.or.id/

Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
              http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/
              [email protected]

Comment

Hi everybody,

Nice to meet you. My name is Michael. I'm an enthusiast/breeder of Cane Corso in Indonesia. I do all shipping for my clients. I recently open my shipping service publicly. I can help you with export/import or moving around Indonesia, whether you want your furkids to be sent by cargo, hand carried (as check in baggage) by me, or maybe even hand carried by yourself. I can suggest which airlines is the best for your furkids, because every airline has different rules and restrictions. Papers can be arranged for you, hassle free

I've shipped from Bali to Canada, Thailand, Russia and also Malaysia before. Right now I'm also organizing a shipment from Bali to Taiwan, which is also considered complicated. I have spots on my way to Taipei and on my way back to Indonesia at the end of October. Also spots on my way to US and back to Indonesia on October. Feel free to contact me for more info

* Note: Transportation in and out of Bali is POSSIBLE! *

Most of the dogs that were shipped by me stayed at my place ranging from days to several months. This is usually to help me better prepare the paper for the journey of your furkids. But if you want to organize boarding your dog, it's possible too!
                Last edited by marcus; 4 weeks ago. Reason: 2 propaganda in a single day

Comment

hi,~ My name is Suzy, I brought my dog three years old Maltes from Korea 6 months ago. Jakarta is not too bad to living with dog. I hope you to import your dog. It takes some money but I think it worth. I used JAKPET in jakarta.

Comment

Quik question , are you planning on staying in indonesia. I totaly agree with jamie c. We brought our dog with us from the states and belive me its a lot of work and money but for us well worth it. We were so surpize with the quratine area in jarakate. Much better than say spca in the states. Clean with caring staff. Bosco had a cooled inside area and a outside run. And it didnt even smell so dont worry about that.
                    We used groveypets to help us along . He didnt have to stay the full 2 weeks lol. We than shipped him to manado where we live.
                    You must rember that in a muslim area a dog is a unclean animal and looked down unpon. But there is no problem of finding help that will treat your dog with love.. our biggest worry was they eat dig up here and our dog would have been a buffet for them lol. Of course we dont let him run around the village so its no problem and the village loves him now. In fact all the kids knew his name before they knew ours.
                    So good luck but if its not going to be long term id leave him at home.

Comment

I aslo wanted to ask where i can go in bali with my small 6 month dog for like 5 months and not have a issue and she has her chip and shots and what places you would recommend to go in bali thats nice to see.
                      LIOA| CTY LIOA NHẬT LINH BN ỔN P LIOA, BIẾN P LIOA, SỬA ỔN P LIOA,PHAN PHOI LIOA CAP

Comment

Apparently, you may be able to pay a fee and skip the quarantine process altogether if you're moving from a rabies-free country or your pet has been vaccinated with proper documentation. I'm using a pet-relocation service to move my 2 cats from Singapore to Jakarta, and for $500 per cat, they told me I could avoid quarantine completely. Very shady that Jakarta is willing to do this... If the animals are documented as rabies-free, there should be no required quarantine. It feels like a cash-grab to pay this amount for no good reason, but I can't stand the thought of my fur-babies being locked up for days or weeks. If you're willing to shell out the cash, ask your local pet-relocation companies about this and see if it's an option for you.

Comment

Well, I'd like to bring my dog with me too when I travel. But, yes, it takes a lot of things to prepare some documents and permit. I have researched also that travel fees cost too much. One thing more, I heard from a friend that an airline charged her dog twice her flight ticket costs. By the way, about the safety bringing your pet to Jakarta, I've read that with the proper attention to details and requirements, there's nothing to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                          X