Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcus
    replied
    At the place I live (not rich area , most Muslims) I see many cats in the alleys and going around , even coming to my house . I would guess there are very few of these cats that live inside the houses .
    I saw only 1 dog , tied by a rope in an outside area in front of a house . But I see in the shopping centers people carrying very clean small dogs (probably these dogs live inside their houses) . As you may know , Muslims usually don't have dogs .

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda Gibson
    replied
    Cats and dogs live in houses or on the fresh air?

Leave a comment:

• khosangocom
    replied
    People love dogs or cats more?

Leave a comment:

• I love Manado Food
    replied
    I live in a traditional area of jakarta.We have a dog.I live in a diverse area, of different religions.a lot of muslims do not like dogs.So we have to be careful when taking the dog for walks and some of the kids wanting to touch or pet the dog.Also around Christmas you have to be careful of your dog being stolen and eaten during the christmas holidays.But other then that no problems..I live in a very traditional area and we do have a pet store,in my area that sells all kids of food.Also they sell pet items at the grocery stores,especially careour.I do fimd that most flea collars from imported from the usa do not work here from the dogs,]

Leave a comment:

• andoariando
    replied
    1. They always think about their self, for the animal (how the benefit of this animal)
    2. Its common, if have benefit
    3. Valuable animal like chiken, duck, fish, what ever
    4. Less cost more profit

Agens128

Leave a comment:

• bad_azz
    replied
    One snippet I can throw in is that us "bules" are seen as ridiculously cruel for desexing our animals.

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    Shopping by name brands in Jakarta might be better than selecting at random, but not by much.

Leave a comment:

• Puspawarna
    replied
    I don't know about brands for accessories and treats. In Jakarta (not sure this is true in the rest of the country) there are plenty of pet stores and you can also buy basic items in large grocery stores.

Leave a comment:

• Stefka Haralampieva
    replied
    I am really thankful for your replies!! Could you please tell me some names of local brands for animals accesoires and snacks, not for food? And where do people usually go shopping for such things - are there some special pet shops or markets? Thank you again!!!

Leave a comment:

• Anglian
    replied
    Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
    But do you name them?
    First signs of madnesses

Leave a comment:

• Puspawarna
    replied
    Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
    I keep an army of cicaks.
    But do you name them?

Leave a comment:

• waarmstrong
    replied
    I keep an army of cicaks.

Leave a comment:

• Anglian
    replied
    It is odd here, we have a puppy Golden Retriever, my Daughter wanted it wife not keen at all, eventually I gave way, the two biggest fans my wife and daughter, our handy takes it for walks and is very keen 4 nephews brother in law no problem, I was badgered by noisy kids flying kites Erving motor bike, take my little puppy out, lots of Takut, Takut mister, and they race off, they are petrified, really strange as in UK the kids would rush to stroke it, anyway my wife had a pedigree cat, but my daughter younger then was very allergic. So it had to go, we have a bird. The area around
    here, are 4 Rottweilers, 2 huskies( very popular) and a couple of heinz57, all owned by Muslims, what does surprise me is the numerous pet shops, more than I've seen anywhere else, but like Puspawarna I cannot give figures, whether Indonesians are terrified of rabies or some weird religious thing, no idea, so not very helpful. Sorry

Leave a comment:

• Puspawarna
    replied
    Your questions are too far too broad to be answered rigorously. Some random impressions:

1. As in other countries, some people like pets and some people do not. My impression is that it is less common to have coddled pets like dogs and cats in Indonesia than in the United States. There is a higher level of discomfort with dogs, no doubt due partly to religious beliefs. However, I have seen that even non-Muslims are sometimes a little uneasy around dogs, probably because they have not spent as much time with them and are not aware that the vast majority of pet dogs are friendly and harmless.

2. Less common than in the US, is my sense.

3. Google "animal trafficking Indonesia" and you will get plenty of information about the trade in exotic pets.

4. I have not seen as much pampering of pets here as I do in the US.

Leave a comment:

• Indonesian people's thinking of pets

Hi all
    I am a student from Europe and I am doing a project for my university on the topic Indonesian pet market. I would really appreciate if you can help me and give me some information about the following questions:

1. How do people feel about pets?
    2. Is it common to have a pet at home?
    3. Which kind of animals are preferred - dogs,cats, birds, aqua animals, exotic animals?
    4. How much do people spend for pets - do they buy accesories and snacks for pets?

If you can give me some specific numbers, this would really help me.

Warm Regards,
    Stefka
Working...
X