X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happybunny1978
    replied
    Hi Phiss,

I helped a friend 2 years ago to bring the dog she adopted here in Jakarta back to Hungary (EU, EU rules). The biggest difficulty was actually the export papers from Indonesia, not the import into the EU. We did the vaccinations & chipping at a Jakarta vet, some blood sample mailing, I went to the airport 3 times and to some Jakarta office to sort out the official export papers (massive waste of time, but possible), and off she went with the dog flying as excess baggage. It was all not very expensive ... No cargo, quarantine, handling agent fees or so.

Not sure if you already explored this possibility:

- Chose a more friendly EU country as destination (I know that Hungary works, but certainly other countries as well, do your research)
    - Get the EU pet passport sorted in that country
    - Move them freely to the UK with the EU pet passport under the intra-EU rules.

I suggest you do more research into that possibility...e.g. fly to Germany, Belgium, Netherlands or some Easter EU country, leave the pups there with somebody to sort it out and you fly home with Ryan Air and wait until it's done.

If you need help in EU for a place to stay for the dogs while sorting out the EU passport (and doing the vet visits etc), I can help in Germany & Luxembourg. If another country proves to be better for this project, I am sure somebody else could do the same there with the help of people here in the forum.

I hope I will never be in your situation...with 4 dogs and over 20 cats it will be disaster. Good Luck.
    Last edited by happybunny1978; 22-04-16, 13:17.

Leave a comment:

• Steveandpenny
    replied
    I don't Remember how much it was but I think it was 150 us but might be wrong and that was from jarkata to manado. Our dog was around 20 kilos . Also had to pay a cargo tax when we got him but that was like 3 dollars. We flew Eva airlines from the states and he was shipped as excess baggage and that wasn't to bad I think it was around 300 us. It was everything else that cost so much. Eva also was real good about info. Such as where to get transit ok for layover in twanian . Also sorry about the lack of the h lol

Leave a comment:

• Puspawarna
    replied
    Very preliminary update: phiss has sent me info, and I will work on setting up the site this weekend - more later, folks.

Leave a comment:

• Jaime C
    replied
    Good luck, and I hope all goes well.

I'd love to have a dog or cat here, but always worry with frequent travel, and the possibility of a return to the US for extended periods. I've just refrained, so far.

Leave a comment:

• phiss
    replied
    I am so overwhelmed at the moment at the kindness of all of you that I cannot reply without bursting into tears. As I said before, I did not open this thread as a way to get money, but merely as a way to let off steam while I tried to find means to get my beloved dogs to England. Puspa: thank you, I will contact you by email tomorrow. El Goretto and Kimdub, thank you so much for your kindness.

And thank you everyone else for your support... either from posting here or by personal messages... you know who you are! I love you all, and will reciprocate by 'paying everything forward' once I have got the dogs to England. Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• Puspawarna
    replied
    phiss, I'll be glad to sponsor a site for you. I have signed up for kitabisa and tried to find out what info is needed - unfortunately I can't get very far because I have to give it details I don't have yet. I am sending you a PM with my email address so we can correspond about this.

Leave a comment:

• Kimdub
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post
    And in English: https://en.kitabisa.com

Come on, do it and post it here. Make sure you explain it in details in English and Indonesian with lots of cute pictures of your dogs. I'm sure many people will donate. I sure will.
    Find a way, as I will also donate.

Leave a comment:

• phiss
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post

Come on, do it and post it here. Make sure you explain it in details in English and Indonesian with lots of cute pictures of your dogs. I'm sure many people will donate. I sure will.
    Thanks for the suggestion El Goretto. I took a quick look at this site, but the very first thing I came across in the Terms and Conditions was this:

[COLOR=#4D4D4D][FONT=Raleway]General requirements[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#4D4D4D][FONT=Raleway][/FONT][/COLOR]
    • Fundraising nature of individual aid must be initiated by a third party who is not a nuclear family of the object fundraising

So it would seem that it is a non-starter because I am not allowed to initiate a campaign on my own behalf. Such a pity; another brick wall encountered. But the way I look at it, I have bashed into so many bricks, that the whole wall must surely be just about ready to fall down!! Here's hoping so!

Once again, I just want to say thanks to everyone who is trying to help and for all the useful advice. Also for the private messages of support. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• El_Goretto
    replied

Leave a comment:

• El_Goretto
    replied
    Phiss, the Indonesian equivalent of gofundme is https://kitabisa.com

If you are raising funds from Indonesia, it might very well be worth it since they have the facilities to easily accept donations from BCA, mandiri, etc

Leave a comment:

• SmallWorld
    replied
    Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
    ... and I can't afford the booze - cos of the taxes on it hahahaha
    I find the booze in Uk much cheaper and more affordable than in Indonesia hehehe

Leave a comment:

• lorettev3
    replied
    Phiss, my heart hurts.
    Unfortunately I canot take myself as much as I would love to, cause we already have 4 ourselves.
    I don't want to get your hopes up either, but my brother in law & parents in law know a lot of people between medan & tarutung (just after siantar) so I will ask them to ask around.
    Can't promise anything, but let's give it a try.
    Do you have some more info on the dogs?
    Are they male/female, been sterilized or anything?
    Age?

Leave a comment:

• phiss
    replied
    .....It has gone beyond ridiculous with absolutely no space left for free thinking- every last little thing is legislated- and that is why I could never live there again- would drive me to drink... and I can't afford the booze - cos of the taxes on it hahahaha
    Stop it, stop it, stop it... I was already dreading going back to all that cold weather, etc. Now I feel even worse!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bad_azz
    replied
    Originally posted by phiss View Post
    Yes, I understand that BA, and I agree. But when you have followed all the procedures for making sure your dogs are rabies free.. i.e. microchip, rabies shot, blood titer test. then an additional three months wait if you don't want the dogs to go into quarantine on arrival in UK, what is the point of insisting that dogs travel as 'cargo freight' at 10x the cost for a 'human' to cover the same route, rather than 'excess baggage' in the hold. The cost for an animal to travel as excess baggage on most airlines is approx 15% of the human fare!! As the excess baggage animals and the cargo freight animals are probably travelling on the same flight anyway, what is the point? I am still trying to work this one out.....
    It will be all about where their crates get directed & who deals with them at any stops.
    You know yourself (or will find out when there) what a nanny state the UK is.
    It has gone beyond ridiculous with absolutely no space left for free thinking- every last little thing is legislated- and that is why I could never live there again- would drive me to drink... and I can't afford the booze - cos of the taxes on it hahahaha

Leave a comment:

• phiss
    replied
    The UK is very very strict about importing dogs- because it is a declared rabies free zone. They want to keep it that way.
    Europe isn't.
    Yes, I understand that BA, and I agree. But when you have followed all the procedures for making sure your dogs are rabies free.. i.e. microchip, rabies shot, blood titer test. then an additional three months wait if you don't want the dogs to go into quarantine on arrival in UK, what is the point of insisting that dogs travel as 'cargo freight' at 10x the cost for a 'human' to cover the same route, rather than 'excess baggage' in the hold. The cost for an animal to travel as excess baggage on most airlines is approx 15% of the human fare!! As the excess baggage animals and the cargo freight animals are probably travelling on the same flight anyway, what is the point? I am still trying to work this one out.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X