No announcement yet.

Impossible to Repatriate my dogs to UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piss our hearts go out to you. We had to leave our cats back in the states when we moved here . We could only afford to take our dog and it costed alot. I don't know if it helps but you can ship a dog as cargo on lion airlines and that cost was that bad compared with other cost. By the way we have took in 2 stray kittens now cats that were born and living in our roof. We pray that some how everything works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Steveandpenny View Post
      Piss our hearts go out to you. We had to leave our cats back in the states when we moved here . We could only afford to take our dog and it costed alot. I don't know if it helps but you can ship a dog as cargo on lion airlines and that cost was that bad compared with other cost. By the way we have took in 2 stray kittens now cats that were born and living in our roof. We pray that some how everything works out for you.
      I am still giggling since I noticed you had left the 'h' out of my name!!!! Just add '...ed off'. and that is how I am feeling at the moment! Yeah, Lionair is about the only airline that will transport pets from Medan to Jakarta, so I am looking in to this. I don't supposed you can remember how much it cost, can you? How much did your dog weigh?

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
        The UK is very very strict about importing dogs- because it is a declared rabies free zone. They want to keep it that way.
        Europe isn't.
        Yes, I understand that BA, and I agree. But when you have followed all the procedures for making sure your dogs are rabies free.. i.e. microchip, rabies shot, blood titer test. then an additional three months wait if you don't want the dogs to go into quarantine on arrival in UK, what is the point of insisting that dogs travel as 'cargo freight' at 10x the cost for a 'human' to cover the same route, rather than 'excess baggage' in the hold. The cost for an animal to travel as excess baggage on most airlines is approx 15% of the human fare!! As the excess baggage animals and the cargo freight animals are probably travelling on the same flight anyway, what is the point? I am still trying to work this one out.....

Comment

Originally posted by phiss View Post
          Yes, I understand that BA, and I agree. But when you have followed all the procedures for making sure your dogs are rabies free.. i.e. microchip, rabies shot, blood titer test. then an additional three months wait if you don't want the dogs to go into quarantine on arrival in UK, what is the point of insisting that dogs travel as 'cargo freight' at 10x the cost for a 'human' to cover the same route, rather than 'excess baggage' in the hold. The cost for an animal to travel as excess baggage on most airlines is approx 15% of the human fare!! As the excess baggage animals and the cargo freight animals are probably travelling on the same flight anyway, what is the point? I am still trying to work this one out.....
          It will be all about where their crates get directed & who deals with them at any stops.
          You know yourself (or will find out when there) what a nanny state the UK is.
          It has gone beyond ridiculous with absolutely no space left for free thinking- every last little thing is legislated- and that is why I could never live there again- would drive me to drink... and I can't afford the booze - cos of the taxes on it hahahaha
          Cicak Magnet

Comment

.....It has gone beyond ridiculous with absolutely no space left for free thinking- every last little thing is legislated- and that is why I could never live there again- would drive me to drink... and I can't afford the booze - cos of the taxes on it hahahaha
            Stop it, stop it, stop it... I was already dreading going back to all that cold weather, etc. Now I feel even worse!!!!

Comment

Phiss, my heart hurts.
              Unfortunately I canot take myself as much as I would love to, cause we already have 4 ourselves.
              I don't want to get your hopes up either, but my brother in law & parents in law know a lot of people between medan & tarutung (just after siantar) so I will ask them to ask around.
              Can't promise anything, but let's give it a try.
              Do you have some more info on the dogs?
              Are they male/female, been sterilized or anything?
              Age?

Comment

... and I can't afford the booze - cos of the taxes on it hahahaha
                I find the booze in Uk much cheaper and more affordable than in Indonesia hehehe

Comment

Phiss, the Indonesian equivalent of gofundme is https://kitabisa.com

If you are raising funds from Indonesia, it might very well be worth it since they have the facilities to easily accept donations from BCA, mandiri, etc

Comment

And in English: https://en.kitabisa.com

Come on, do it and post it here. Make sure you explain it in details in English and Indonesian with lots of cute pictures of your dogs. I'm sure many people will donate. I sure will.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post

Come on, do it and post it here. Make sure you explain it in details in English and Indonesian with lots of cute pictures of your dogs. I'm sure many people will donate. I sure will.
                      Thanks for the suggestion El Goretto. I took a quick look at this site, but the very first thing I came across in the Terms and Conditions was this:

[COLOR=#4D4D4D][FONT=Raleway]General requirements[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#4D4D4D][FONT=Raleway][/FONT][/COLOR]
                      • Fundraising nature of individual aid must be initiated by a third party who is not a nuclear family of the object fundraising

So it would seem that it is a non-starter because I am not allowed to initiate a campaign on my own behalf. Such a pity; another brick wall encountered. But the way I look at it, I have bashed into so many bricks, that the whole wall must surely be just about ready to fall down!! Here's hoping so!

Once again, I just want to say thanks to everyone who is trying to help and for all the useful advice. Also for the private messages of support. Thank you, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post

Find a way, as I will also donate.

Comment

phiss, I'll be glad to sponsor a site for you. I have signed up for kitabisa and tried to find out what info is needed - unfortunately I can't get very far because I have to give it details I don't have yet. I am sending you a PM with my email address so we can correspond about this.

Comment

I am so overwhelmed at the moment at the kindness of all of you that I cannot reply without bursting into tears. As I said before, I did not open this thread as a way to get money, but merely as a way to let off steam while I tried to find means to get my beloved dogs to England. Puspa: thank you, I will contact you by email tomorrow. El Goretto and Kimdub, thank you so much for your kindness.

And thank you everyone else for your support... either from posting here or by personal messages... you know who you are! I love you all, and will reciprocate by 'paying everything forward' once I have got the dogs to England. Thank you again.

Comment

Good luck, and I hope all goes well.

I'd love to have a dog or cat here, but always worry with frequent travel, and the possibility of a return to the US for extended periods. I've just refrained, so far.
                              Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Very preliminary update: phiss has sent me info, and I will work on setting up the site this weekend - more later, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X