Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a dog from Bali to USA?

Hi,
    Can anyone point me towards information about taking a Bali dog to the USA?
    Please & thank you!
    -Greta

It's very easy to import pets into the US. I've done it with cats several times. Here's some info to get you started:

http://www.cdc.gov/animalimportation/dogs.html

Comment

As long as it's a one way trip.
      Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

To doggy heaven yes.

As of 12/2008 all transport to and from the Bali area is forbidden for all animals prone to rabies, by the Minister of Agriculture. So import and export of dogs/cats/monkees/etc. is not allowed.

http://portal.mahkamahkonstitusi.go...._1696_2008.pdf
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
          To doggy heaven yes.

As of 12/2008 all transport to and from the Bali area is forbidden for all animals prone to rabies, by the Minister of Agriculture. So import and export of dogs/cats/monkees/etc. is not allowed.

http://portal.mahkamahkonstitusi.go...._1696_2008.pdf
          I can understand the rationale for not allowing them in (although even in that case I think it is unreasonable - quarantine ok but to deny someone from bringing a member of their family....) but what is the policy reason to not allow export? Makes absolutely no sense and as with all of the illogical laws in Indonesia on similar footing, does nothing but encourge rent seeking and illegal trade.

Comment

Bali is no longer declared rabies free. So moving from there is always risky.

You could also argue the other way around, BA: You can take your pet from a non rabies country (since there is no danger for the people and animals on Bali) but not take it out of the quarantine zone (i.e. Bali) anymore. Would lead to major complications of course so better prohibit the influx.
            Last edited by jstar; 23-06-15, 16:40.
            [FONT=arial black]
            [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
              Bali is no longer declared rabies free. So moving from there is always risky.

You could also argue the other way around, BA: You can take your pet from a non rabies country (since there is no danger for the people and animals on Bali) but not take it out of the quarantine zone (i.e. Bali) anymore. Would lead to major complications of course so better prohibit the influx.
              I disagree with arguing it the other way - Bali should make policy that affects Bali. Maybe Indonesian could have the policy to keep the dogs out of the rest of Indonesia, but the policy about preventing the potential "rabies" dog from going to another country should come from the recipient country, not the export country.

If a country is concerned about rabies import, simple and strict quarantine rules would go much further to prevent it by allowing legal means rather than encourage the black market trade where no conditions/checks can be places - so it is inherently MORE dangerous for all.

Comment

Anybody has an experience taking their dog to Canada?

Comment

Hi everybody,

Nice to meet you. My name is Michael. I'm an enthusiast/breeder of Cane Corso in Indonesia. I do all shipping for my clients. I recently open my shipping service publicly. I can help you with export/import or moving around Indonesia, whether you want your furkids to be sent by cargo, hand carried (as check in baggage) by me, or maybe even hand carried by yourself. I can suggest which airlines is the best for your furkids, because every airline has different rules and restrictions. Papers can be arranged for you, hassle free

I've shipped from Bali to Canada and also Malaysia before. Right now I'm also organizing a shipment from Bali to Taiwan, which is also considered complicated. I have spots on my way to Taipei and on my way back to Indonesia at the end of October. Also spots on my way to US and back to Indonesia on October. Feel free to contact me for more info

* Note: Transportation in and out of Bali is POSSIBLE! *

Most of the dogs that were shipped by me stayed at my place ranging from days to several months. This is usually to help me better prepare the paper for the journey of your furkids. But if you want to organize boarding your dog, it's possible too!

You're welcomed to see my Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/CaneCorsoIndonesia
                  or my Instagram: sanmichaelcanecorso
                  Feel free to ask more info to me or my fiancé
                  call/ whatsapp: +6289650251099 (Michael), +6282236008118 (Sandy)

We're looking forward to hear good news from all of you

Best Regards,
                  Michael and Sandy
                  San Michael Cane Corso
                  Foreza Pet Service

Comment

Working...
                  X