advice on a location for animal welfare project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on a location for animal welfare project

I am looking for advice on where to purchase land in Indonesia to start up an animal welfare organization/shelter. Yes, I've my research and know that I need to own it with an Indonesian. My friend and I will be partnering together along with her Indonesian husband. Our goal is to build huts/cabins to rent out with the possibility of a cafe, yoga studio, or dive shop. This will generate income to support the shelter. We are struggling with location at the moment.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Originally we were thinking Lombok as it's cheaper topurchase land at the moment (not already developed and touristy like Bali) butsomewhere that will still get tourists as well to support our rentals. Andsomewhere that may one day become more developed. Lombok seemed perfectas it’s cheaper to buy and we heard it is said to take off like Bali did.However we were informed by the main animal aid organization in Indonesia(Jakarta animal aid) that they are partnered with some Australians who arealready in the process of opening a shelter in Lombok. A friend mentioned that there is a great needfor an animal welfare org. in Sulawesi as well as Papua. But other than that,we don’t have much information to go on. So at the moment we are looking forsome guidance and advice from friends to see their thoughts on a good locationfor our project. I would appreciate any information you can give me! [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Have you checked out north sulawesi?

Comment

I was just thinking that. Say the minahasa region? Check the thread on land prices.

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...5-Cost-of-Land

My girlfriend told me she has heard Lombok is going to be the next Bali for most of her life.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco jar View Post
        I am looking for advice on where to purchase land in Indonesia to start up an animal welfare organization/shelter. Yes, I've my research and know that I need to own it with an Indonesian. My friend and I will be partnering together along with her Indonesian husband. Our goal is to build huts/cabins to rent out with the possibility of a cafe, yoga studio, or dive shop. This will generate income to support the shelter. We are struggling with location at the moment. [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri] [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
        As a foreigner you can't own land - it will belong to the Indonesian partner, not you. I think someone mentioned that in your other thread - please listen to them.

Comment

Im not clear which is more important to you, the animals or the bussiness . I would think if your idea of a animal resuce involeing the locals with education and helping with fixing cats and dogs it might be a good step. If the main idea is to make a living , you are in for a uphill battle. Anyway heres a idea for yoy In the manado area most resorts have tours that inclued the open market area , which sell dogs, cats ,bats and so on for food, which most europeians find disturbing. If you could be put on those tours, showing the other side of this , it might be helpfull in donnations. Tug on the heartstrings.

Comment

Oh p.s. You will never make a real living at this because if you realy care about the animals all will go right back to them. (we help at a animal resue in the states)

Comment

I thought you were joking about a dog rescue in north Sulawesi. Not a lot of strays. He can rescue all he wants by the kilo. Heck of a business plan though. Solicit donations from westerners to rescue dogs before they get eaten. It pushes up the price of dog, causing more people to raise dogs for profit.

Minahasa market. Dogs for sale.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5SQHEAN4eo

Comment

well, which one is your priority ? the animal welfare or the business ?
                i know a group of animal rescue in Palembang that need help
                bad neighborhood n lack of dog/catfood
                they already try to find a place - a bigger n safe place
                here are the link :
                https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2847599&type=1

https://www.facebook.com/tinny.cence...2847599&type=3

Comment

Im not sure why every time something is said about dogs, someone has to mock the idea about not eating dog. Do you also belive not eating pork because you are muslim or jewish funny also? Try being funny but respectfull please

Comment

Working...
                  X