Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stumpy tail cats: detailed explanation

Hi all,
    I think there's a whole page on this in the info side of the site so feel free to add this to that location

Found a very interesting and super-comprehensive history of curly and stumpy cat tails, including reports from Darwin on the Indonesian varieties. The general idea is that there is genetic variation traced to different parts of the world that affects the number of vertebrae in the tails and whether they are kinked.

I thought it was interesting. And would like to put to rest those terrible tales of cat cruelty.

http://messybeast.com/bobtail-cats.html

Rebecca

I'm a hopeless animal lover and the stumpies of Indonesia bring me a lotta kinky love. As a creature of habit myself I eat a nasi campur every afternoon with the request of an extra piece of chicken to give to the local stumpy, Pusskin.

Darwin himself sits among Newton, Galileo, Bohr, Einstein, Marie Currie, Planck and Tesla as one of the amazing individuals that allowed us to understand the incredible nature of nature.

I have to also include Richard Feynman in this group of amazing individuals. PLEASE!! if you have an interest in great teachers of modern science, watch the following.This man gave us a completely new way to understand the foundation of reality with his Nobel prize winning efforts on Quantum Electro Dynamics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4_40hAAr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgaw9qe7DEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzg1CU8t9nw
    Last edited by Vanhellsink; 10-02-15, 01:27.
    [COLOR=#008000][FONT=arial]I tried to wrestle my inner demons once... but they used too many illegal holds.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Oh, I implore everyone to go the distance on the above videos and soak up the incredibly beautiful mind and philosophy of a modern day genius.

As well as the throat singing Tannu Tuvans.
      Last edited by Vanhellsink; 10-02-15, 00:30.
      [COLOR=#008000][FONT=arial]I tried to wrestle my inner demons once... but they used too many illegal holds.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Charles Darwin is one of my heroes. When people ask "if you could go back in time and experience one historical event, what would it be?" my answer is that I would have liked to be on board the Beagle when Darwin was serving as the captain's companion (not, as many people understandably assume, the ship's naturalist) and doing the research that led to his theory of evolution.

On cats: one of my cats IS tailless due to torture, alas. The tail was so badly burned and one hind leg so badly mangled (presumably because the cat was trying to escape and the torturers grabbed him by his leg) that both had to be amputated. He is a lovely, affectionate creature though.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
          The tail was so badly burned and one hind leg so badly mangled (presumably because the cat was trying to escape and the torturers grabbed him by his leg) that both had to be amputated. He is a lovely, affectionate creature though.
          What's he called ?? Tripod

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
            What's he called ?? Tripod
            If I got to name him, yes! Unfortunately he was named by the JIS animal welfare club, and fostered long enough to learn his name, before he came to live with us. For reasons unknown, he is called "Reggie."

Comment

Originally posted by Vanhellsink View Post
              Oh, I implore everyone to go the distance on the above videos and soak up the incredibly beautiful mind and philosophy of a modern day genius.

As well as the throat singing Tannu Tuvans.
              Those do look great - too long for me to watch at the moment, but well worth the investment of time. Maybe this Friday night we'll pop some popcorn and watch them all.

Comment

When we first arrived in Indonesia I thought that the tails of cats were cut short on purpose, like some people do with their dogs!! I was a little horrified until I found out that thats just the way they are!!

Comment

Just wanted to say that we (me, my husband, and almost-17-year-old physics-obsessed son) watched the first of these videos over dinner tonight (The Last Journey of a Genius). It was touching ... the ending was simultaneously sad and uplifting. Quite a story.

Comment

Working...
                  X