Sphynx kittens expected

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sphynx kittens expected

We expect 3-5 kittens mid March. The ultrasound is never completely conclusive on the amount, and obviously anything can still happen. And I don't like x-rays on the pregnant female.

For those not familiar with this hairless cat breed; here you will find more info:
    http://www.tica.org/public/breeds/sx/intro.php

It's a rather rare breed, in Jakarta there are not many breeders. They love the warm climate and are very affectionate.

The kittens are from two parents which have a very good pedigree. They come from Europe. I will add pictures of them later, but here you can see a previous litter. Since both parents have blue/aquamarine eyes, that is guaranteed for the kittens too. This makes them even more special (normally they have yellow/gold eyes).

In the three pictures you see the development.

The colors change a lot those first couple of months.

This is called a split face (or two face):

When you're interested, these are the things you need to know, and will be included in a contract: I don't want them to go to a home where they will be put in small cages. The kittens will be micro chipped and vaccinated and have a pedigree. There is a warranty of an additional 6 months for inherited defects, conditions do apply. They can leave the nest at 12-13 weeks, that would be the 1st-2nd week of June. For the price, you should count on $1300-$1600 per kitten, depending on color and other characteristics. That is for a pet, in case of expected breeding, the price will be higher. Now, that is a lot of money, but it's a common price in Europe and rather cheap for Indonesian standards. Reservations can be made of course.

If you have questions you can ask them here, if you're interested you can send me a PM. Obviously we need to minimize the chance of infection, so visits will be limited to buyers only, hope you understand. I will update this thread if there is news.
    Last edited by jstar; 04-03-13, 22:06.
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

reserved
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

lovely cat,
      my daughters is cat lovers - she was dreaming to have this cat when we still lived in Brunei couple years ago; but we could not get it
      unfortunately, not possible for us to have pet now
      what she has now is more than a dozen of cat books including cat encylopedia

Comment

Originally posted by wisnupurwanto View Post
        lovely cat, my daughters is cat lovers - she was dreaming to have this cat when we still lived in Brunei couple years ago; but we could not get it. unfortunately, not possible for us to have pet now. what she has now is more than a dozen of cat books including cat encylopedia
        Yes, it's probably one of the most 'dog like' cats there is. Very people oriented. The British Shorthair is probably the most popular here (followed by the Maine Coon), but the Sphynx is somewhat more playful, it wants attention and is more of a 'lap' cat. I love the lack of hair (also practical) but that's no guarantee against allergies.

During the winter in colder climates they develop quite some hair and you would have to use the heater, also when you're not at home. You can see this picture from a couple of years ago is taken during a winter:

You can take your daughter to have a look when you're in Jakarta next time.
        Last edited by jstar; 04-03-13, 22:01. Reason: added pic
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

If I want one that is able to reproduce, the price goes up?

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre de Maiz View Post
            If I want one that is able to reproduce, the price goes up?
            Yes. Can not really say how much though; depends on the location of the buyer (obviously) and if (s)he is a professional breeder or just wants a litter once and agrees on neutering afterwards.

In general, a cat you really don't want to keep without spaying her or castrating him anyway, especially if you want to avoid them escaping. Also, the females get in heat more and more frequent (esp. in warm climates), can get tumors and they cry like a baby. (On the most impossible hours.) The males start to spray and get a very nervous character; they smell females in heat miles away. So you will do yourself a favor having the animal neutered.

There are ways of chemical castration/sterilization but those methods (pills or injections) can have serious side effects.

Some more info on that 'variable' pricing, which might sound somewhat weird: As you can see in the pictures above in the 1st post, there were 3 kittens. The white/cream was a male with blue eyes. He was the 'cheapest', but he had the nicest character. The split-face (picture 1, 2 and 4) is a rather special effect, and that female had aquamarine eyes. The top of the bill (>$2500) was the chocolate female with aquamarine eyes (picture 2 and 3). Of course the parents have to carry chocolate factor. The latter was only interesting for breeders (although she was beautiful of course); it would have been a waste not to let her reproduce.
            Last edited by jstar; 06-03-13, 10:37. Reason: to avoid making this a religious thread
            [FONT=arial black]
            [/FONT]

Comment

To Jstar:
              "and they cry like a baby. (Outside the mosque hours.) "
              What do u mean by this? I'm muslim and ur words can be offensive and not acceptable. Skip that sort of joke.not impressed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TOHAGA TAEKWONDO View Post
                To Jstar:
                What do u mean by this? I'm muslim and ur words can be offensive and not acceptable. Skip that sort of joke.not impressed at all.
                If you don't know what he means then how can you be offended?
                "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by TOHAGA TAEKWONDO View Post
                  To Jstar:
                  What does the fact you're a Muslim (as so many others on this forum) have to do with all this? And what offensive joke are you talking about? If you don't understand what's being said, it might be better to ask you know. And if you do think a post is out of order, you can always report it.

If you want to debate in a discussion about mosques etc., I would suggest to participate in these threads instead of nitpicking in one about Sphynx cats:
                  [SIZE=1]http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/31614-Lawsuit-against-Loud-Mosque-Speakers[SIZE=1]
                  [/SIZE]http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/showthread.php/27763-Religious-and-less-tolerance/
                  [/SIZE]
                  Anyway; outside the mosque hours here means that a cat who wants to procreate will cry/scream/meow whenever (s)he wants to. And especially in a country which is often already deemed 'noisy' by its foreign inhabitants, that could be just too much to take. First of all there are no 'fixed hours or times' (e.g. 3:49 AM, 12:05 PM, 3:06 PM, 6:11 PM, 7:17 PM,) a cat will adhere to. So it's very difficult to take measures. Secondly, most of the noise from a concupiscent cat will be when you least want it; between the evening and early morning. So that is comparable to the timeframe between Isha and Fajr.
                  Last edited by jstar; 06-03-13, 10:49.
                  [FONT=arial black]
                  [/FONT]

Comment

As promises, the parents (Abu and Adel):

Pedigrees can be checked on www.pawpeds.com.

That's a very convenient website in which one can also look at the pairing of a male and female. Then it will show the level of inbreed Of course the pedigree needs to be entered into the database.

http://pawpeds.com/db/?a=p&v=fi&ids=...e=iso&o=ajgrep
                    [FONT=arial black]
                    [/FONT]

Comment

All kittens are reserved.

[FONT=arial black]
                      [/FONT]

Comment

Glad they have homes! I know the breed is a godsend for cat-lovers with allergies. Luckily I'm not allergic, but if I were, I'd definitely get a Sphynx.

You gotta admit, though, that last photo you posted looks like the love child of ET and Eraserhead ... no offense, I'm sure s/he will be a lovely kitty soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                          Glad they have homes! I know the breed is a godsend for cat-lovers with allergies. Luckily I'm not allergic, but if I were, I'd definitely get a Sphynx.

You gotta admit, though, that last photo you posted looks like the love child of ET and Eraserhead ... no offense, I'm sure s/he will be a lovely kitty soon!
                          They are sooooo ugly that they are cute!!
                          Things happen for a reason...

Comment

I have the same with (French/English) Bulldog, Boxer and Pug. So ugly they become pretty again.

A lot of people freak out when they see those cats on pictures or imagine touching the naked skin (they think it feels like rubber). Even when they at first think it's gross, they love them when they meet and hold them though. As said before, it is one of the most affectionate cat breeds. But they do require maintenance, they have to be washed/bathed.
                            [FONT=arial black]
                            [/FONT]

Comment

OK, let me first say, I am an Animal lover. They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder; I just showed the picture of this kitten to my Heinz 57 dog and she physically shuddered So, I am not alone in the way I feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X